StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Introduction thread. Where you from? Best Sport? Etc.
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Alright, my turn I guess....

Im 32 and from Ottawa in Canada. Yes I am a Canadian born and raised. I am married with two children. I have been gambling since the age of 16. I started with Proline which is our sports lottery here in Canada. Bought some cool toys with my winnings (playstation, bike, Surround sound system...) But then I discovered the joys and being able to bet just one game on a ticket. (proline minimum is 3 games so it sucks) and have been offshore since that day. Now Im trying to win to buy some bigger toys. Bigger toys for bigger boys!!

I love watching all sports (I live for sports..lol) but my fav are hockey and football. I've had the most success betting baseball.

P.S. No I am not a Sens fan even though Im from Ottawa. I hate the Sens and every year enjoy watching them lose. When they made their cup run a couple years back I bought a jersey of the opposing team in every round so them making it to the final made me a nice jersey collection. Thank god they didnt win!! I have been a Kings fan all my life and dont see myself changing either!

Well thats me in a nutshell. I think there is awesome talent in this forum and I am definately here to stay!

Duby

Old Post 01-14-11 09:50 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SoBaySick

27, live in Bay Point, CA in the East SF Bay Area. I have 2 kids, one boy (almost 6) and one girl, (almost 1). I work for Apple, Inc. and own a clothing company and do graphic design on the side. I'm a man of many hustles, always trying to make some spare cash to support my family. This is my newest hustle, I started in October in the MLB playoffs. I'm learning a lot from this forum mostly by tailing others and watching/learning trends. I was referred to this site by my buddy lf25bonds. Baseball is my true passion and my favorite sport. I can't wait for baseball season to begin since I feel I'm most knowledgeable on baseball. I'm a die hard Giants fan and also a huge 49er fan. Anything else hit me up!

Old Post 01-14-11 10:42 PM
SoBaySick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SoBaySick Click here to Send SoBaySick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DolphinBoy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

you admit that your friends with lf25bonds????

you drunk????

Old Post 01-14-11 10:44 PM
DolphinBoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DolphinBoy Click here to Send DolphinBoy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey what's that supposed to mean?

Old Post 01-14-11 11:10 PM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My name is Chris. I love Jesus and live for Him first. I'm a big Giants fan and live in the bay area.

The area I win lots of money in each year is season win totals. I have never lost any season. Other than that I tread water in day to day capping.

Old Post 01-14-11 11:12 PM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
denham
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice bump

I had to go back through to see if I posted and I haven't. I thought I had. My name is Sean and am a CPA. Huge Steelers fan and Phillies fan. Used to like the 76ers when Mo, Andrew, Moses, Bobby and the Doctor were roaming the court. Fo fo fo.

I grew up in Wildwood Crest, NJ and now live in Jackson, NJ. My buddy DoubleOne recommended this site to me over a year ago and have loved it ever since. There are some great cappers here and better than that - just some decent human beings.

I played baseball at Lehigh University in Bethlehem PA. I was on a show called the Bachelorette but am now married and have 2 little girls - a 17 month old and a 1 day old.

I bet for fun rather than an investment and rarely go too large. My best sport is baseball and my best capping happens during the NCAA tournaments.

Old Post 01-14-11 11:29 PM
denham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for denham Click here to Send denham a Private Message Edit post   Report post
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

denham.....

no way, you were on the Bacherlorette? which one????

LOL!

Love this thread. So fun!

BOL guys!

Uga

Old Post 01-15-11 05:09 AM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Duby99. I paddle over the river often.

It's a job!!! lol!!!

The river too for fast my canoe, I should have bought the power one!!!

My dream is to be the writer. I think I would be happy in that land.

But what to right about it???

Any tall girls named "Alice" on your side???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRK...feature=related

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 01-15-11 05:45 AM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Illini45

Hey guys I'm 21 years old and am a Junior at Illinois studying Economics. I am a Bears, Bulls, and St. Louis Cardinals fan.
I love pretty much all sports and especially like to play basketball and golf.
I am relatively new to sports betting, but have been playing poker and betting horses casually for 3 or 4 years now.
My best sport is probably NCAAB (especially the Big Ten games) but it is still kind of early to tell.
I have only been using this forum for about a week or so now, but so far I find it extremely helpful, and have been picking some winners lately.

Old Post 01-15-11 07:47 AM
Illini45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Illini45 Click here to Send Illini45 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Uga...

here's the thread.

http://www3.lehigh.edu/News/V2news_story.asp?iNewsID=1254

Old Post 01-15-11 08:19 AM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

great article denham, thanks for sharing. this has to be the BEST thread of all time, with some of the old time late night fireworks coming close behind

Old Post 01-15-11 03:43 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Definitely the best thread of all time, and it will never die.

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 01-15-11 03:56 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It's no bachelorette.......

But I was recently on an episode of Pawnstars. My wife and I were in Vegas for our honeymoon and thought it would be fun to bring something in to sell.
I am now 35, married with a baby boy due in March. I love all sports but am pretty good at playing the MVC.

Herbie

Herbie

Old Post 01-15-11 05:04 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Okay okay last time..

Now that i learned how to correctly copy and past a link....

http://www3.lehigh.edu/News/V2news_...sp?iNewsID=1254

Old Post 01-15-11 08:17 PM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

And i think i did this before but..

My name is Tony and i live in Wildwood NJ. 35yrs of age.
Love this forum and a buddy of mine introduced me to it about 4-5yrs ago. Played football and baseball in high school with Sir Denham but he was a senior when i was a frosh so the coaches felt bad and played him over me.
Was a professional college student for 11years(East Carolina for 5). My dream was to become a meteoroligist on the weather channel (no lie) but i could not pass organic chemistry and instead became a registered nurse. Not married and will probably skip that part of my life. Although my girlfriend might have a problem with that.
Everyone around here knows i'm a diehard Pittsburgh fan.
In order; Steelers, Penguins, Panthers, Pirates. My family is from Pittsburgh and growing up near the Philadelphia area was torture for me. And thus the explanation for my hatred towards Philly sports.
Anyway, i love this forum. And although i've never met anyone from the den i consider many to be my friends.

Great forum and great thread!

Old Post 01-15-11 08:39 PM
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Well...

was looking at the 'How old are you' thread, and saw I didn't write anything in this thread. I just turned 53 the first of the year. Mother said she tried, but I was an hour late from being a New Year's baby. ha Married for 25 years. Live 25 miles west of Gettysburg, Pa. 2 hours north of Baltimore and DC. 3 hours from Pittsburgh and 3 hours to Philly.

Have been working for a natural gas transmission company for 21 years. Guess I could call myself a pipeliner. Been operating heavy equipment since I was 17. Work on the high pressure, cross-country lines, not the residential stuff.

Hobbies include; hunting, fishing, golfing, pool, remodeling, and of course gambling. Football is my favorite sport. Used to be a huge NASCAR fan. When 'The Man' died, so did my enthusiasm for that sport. Isn't the same. Used to go to 6-10 races a year. Had season tickets at 4 short tracks...... Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond, and North Wilkesboro. Done with that now.

Started gambling young with poker and billiards. Supplemented my income very handsomely on the pool tables for a few years. A natural bar room athlete!

Also 'gambled' on the real estate market for a while. Bought rundown places, remodeled them, and flipped them as fast as possible. Made out OK with that until I got older and slower. Then the wife decided our house needed it. Then my parent's. Then, ...... well, you get the picture. Not much time for any more hobbies, but I still love woodworking.

That's why I decided to concentrate on the A-10 conference in college basketball. They were somewhat local and I get to watch a fair number of the games. Thought if I could put my efforts into a smaller number of games, it may benefit someone. I just don't have the time to cap everything I'd like to. Hope my insight helps sometimes.

Was introduced to this site by a pretty 'sweet' guy. Most of you know who I mean. I know a lot of you love baseball, but I don't follow it anymore. I've wrote about that previously, so no need to elaborate, except, until there's a salary cap....screw 'em! Hope everyone else enjoys it though. Besides being busy in the summer, I know a couple guys that are very good at capping that sport, needless to say!!

A bunch of good people on this site, and a few loose cannons as well. But generally, I've enjoyed the time I get to spend on here. Best wishes to all.

Old Post 02-19-11 12:58 AM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

found another one for us

Old Post 10-02-12 10:04 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
luckydog132
FoxDen Hall of Famer

phillyfranko on twitter and elsewhere

my name is ...my name is ... Retired from General Motors for 3 years nov 1st...betting football for 35 yrs...i am 51 and still beating the local bookies at football etc...at Delaware Park now betting horses and playing craps etc...3 team NFL parlays are Legal here...Diehard Eags Orioles and flyers and sixers Fan...Lovin Life and going to concerts and Nascar races...went to Dega ...pocono...richmond...charlotte...martinsville and my home track Dover Last year and got friends in all those areas......Going to Izod center next to NY Giants stadium wed nite for Levon Helm benefit...Roger Waters, warren Haynes,Gregg Allman,Joe Walsh,Lucinda williams,grace potter,william randolph,david bromberg and a bunch more jamming to save Levons woodstock NYs Barn and recording studio...cant wait... I am even on horses today after 7 hrs of playing and up 55 in craps for the day so far...Great site here and Double11 the Eags NEVER play well in Pittsburgh...too many white people there....Ha ha ... I like Eags +3.5 and Miami +5 so far and Leaning Rams Thurs nite...Statfox Rules...I surf all over for info writeups etc...But Statfox is the best !!! will u give me Eags +4 D11 for a 12 pk ?

Old Post 10-03-12 01:00 AM
luckydog132 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luckydog132 Click here to Send luckydog132 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
luckydog132
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bump...Love this old thread...Enjoy...

Old Post 03-11-13 09:42 AM
luckydog132 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luckydog132 Click here to Send luckydog132 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This is what statfox used to be. A group of people joining together to win games. It's still a great place. Don't get me wrong.

People that visit this site need to join. And talk. Ask questions. I miss the days of 'buster.' I miss the days of ingame threads. This forum will always be the best but if people don't join and discuss **** then it gets kinda boring.

Stop standing on the sidelines and join statfox

Old Post 11-30-14 06:19 AM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: