StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Introduction thread. Where you from? Best Sport? Etc.
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Jerilee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Where oh where are you tonite!!.

Live near Aiken, SC. and love to play pool, got pretty good at it but its about time to hang it up. My age is 69. Have been trying to pick a few winners for the past 30 years or so. Love to watch NCAA and NFL and college BB. Love to listen to Jerry Lee's music. Bragging about being invited to his birthday parties five or six times. Had a very nice time, got to rub elbows with Mickey Gilley, Kris Kristoperson (f).........Carl Perkins when he was alive. Just a bunch of celebraties you used to see on tv.

Love to watch the old re-runs of Hee Haw........yes, I'm a Southerner but will get along with anyone that has good common sense.

If you have any systems or methods, please pass them along so all of us can put some money in our pockets instead of watching it fly out the window.

Rock and Roll has got to go!!........Jerilee

Jerilee

Old Post 10-10-07 08:18 PM
Jerilee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerilee Click here to Send Jerilee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dodgerfan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

a little about me

My name is Matt. I was born and raised in Long Beach California, hopefully will never have to leave. Love it here. I am 25 years old, and now working full time. I'm not married, and have no kids that I know about. I miss bartending and college life. I am an internet manager so I am always on the computer. I played baseball all my life, tball, little league, high school, and college. Naturally baseball is my best sport along with NBA. I really enjoy this forum and everybody that is a member here.

Old Post 10-11-07 12:03 AM
dodgerfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dodgerfan Click here to Send dodgerfan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
(_X_)-KMA

Update

Hi My name is Ragtop. I started this thread way back when. My bio hasn't changed much except I'am a few years older and several user names later of which I never came on here and denied being anyone else than me. RAGTOP
After enjoying posting here for a number of years as Ragtop and being one of the forums senior members who I thought was making some winning posts and good contributions here, I was locked out of the forum by the Sheriff-AKA-SF Jon. I than retured a year later as NY Sports-Fan and was banned a short time later by the Sheriff. I than came on here as Bo-Knows and was locked out a short time later.
I'am now (_X_)-KMA. I hope to contribuite again in a few weeks by posting some of my NHL plays. Hockey is my best sport. I'am basically a ML player, who posts with chalk, but has won that way for years now. Good luck everyone with your wagers.
(_X_)-KMA-AKA- Ragtop

The former Poster Ragtop
Registered: Orginal Forum: Circa: 7/02-Revised forum 01-09-03 Posts:5518
Exiled/Banned: 06-22-06-

Old Post 10-11-07 01:20 AM
(_X_)-KMA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for (_X_)-KMA Click here to Send (_X_)-KMA a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

alot of new people here thought i would bring it back

Old Post 02-08-08 10:39 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
puppy

Ragtop

Is this guy for real?

Old Post 02-08-08 10:50 PM
puppy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puppy Click here to Send puppy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SugarHill
StatFox Hall of Famer

Name is Matt. From PA. Yep a Steeler fan in foots, but root hard for my Yankees in bases. I really don't follow and single NBA team. Hockey the pens, and college hoops Maryland and Pitt. Love to cap football but my true best sports are college hoops and baseball. I have been in this game for quite a while and have had decent amount of success or I wouldn't still be in this everyday grind. I stumbled across this forum not to long ago and must say I am very impressed with the knowledge and top notch cappers that are here. Unlike many other forums out there this forum is truly full of genuine people with the same goal in mind. I hope I can bring just a fraction of the knowledge that I have already gained by visiting this site.

Thanks and GL

Old Post 02-08-08 11:00 PM
SugarHill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarHill Click here to Send SugarHill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIG BAD BILL
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anymore new people (or old who would like to chip in?)

Old Post 02-09-08 01:52 AM
BIG BAD BILL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG BAD BILL Click here to Send BIG BAD BILL a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jvf
FoxDen Hall of Famer

puppy

Ragtop is for real. He was here along with me quite awhile back.

Old Post 02-09-08 04:28 AM
jvf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jvf Edit post   Report post
Jerilee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

DodgerFan post of 10-10-07.......

Hello Matt,

Was reading back on your post of Oct 10, 2007........I had went into the USNavy on 10-10-55 and wound up in Long Beach, Calif. Yes, It was very nice there and would love to visit the town again. The Town Hall Party in Compton was going real strong and this is where I first ran into Jerry Lee Lewis, putting on a show!!. My first impression of him was that he is crazy and should be put in the crazyhouse. Still love his music though. The fellow on the bus would alway holler out next stop Skid Row, all us Sailors would get off there. Its officially called the Pike.........Oh yes, I loved the Dodgers when Tom Lasorda was the chief headknocker there.

Oh well, take care and Long Live Long Beach, Calif.

Rockin Jerilee

Old Post 02-09-08 06:03 AM
Jerilee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerilee Click here to Send Jerilee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dodgerfan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey

Jerilee. Thank you for all you have done. I love it here, the only thing is buying a damm house. LOL! Its hard to find a reson to leave here.

Old Post 02-09-08 06:36 AM
dodgerfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dodgerfan Click here to Send dodgerfan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hotdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm not Hotdog from California. I'm not a good writer. I have bad grammars and I hate proof reading my own writing. I proof read it once and got accused for cheating. Got an A but the ***** lowered it to a B+. LOL. I don't even know how I graduated from college and blank blank school. I'm an undercover sports bettor with passion to learn. I'm not a stalker, I'm a friendly person and a forum virgin. My goal is to make tons of money from sports betting to payoff my student loans. I'm not your ordinary hotdog, I'm Mr.hotdog with Mustard baby!!!. lol jking.

Old Post 02-09-08 06:59 AM
hotdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hotdog Click here to Send hotdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GringoEJS

My name is Gene. I am always lurking but I never post. 33 years old, an import mechanic, trilingual but I don't use it, I play chess for ego and poker for money. It seems I always lose my sports gambling bankroll by week 3 on NFL, but somehow my playoff I-told-you-so's would have bought a house. I am the lucky winner of the season 3 NFL Tournament of Champions, and in season 1, my girlfriend (Mk3girl) had the highest ATS of the season. We LOVE the NFL season, and during the next 7 months we seem to get so much more done since Sundays are now work days. Anyway, I just wanted to say although I don't post here much, doesn't mean I don't hang out here all the time.

Old Post 02-09-08 11:19 AM
GringoEJS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GringoEJS Click here to Send GringoEJS a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sdtnvols42

sdtnvols42

sdtnvols42 is 42 yrs old. I am from Rossville Georgia which is about 2 miles from Chattanooga Tn. I live at the foot of historic Lookout Mtn (SEE ROCK CITY). I live about 1/2 mile from the historic Chickamauga National Park Civil War Battlefield. I started matching coins and betting on football games in middle school. My stepdad was the clerk of court by day and he ran the town football pool by night. I took an interest years ago by watching him score and grade the games. He had to do it the manual way by listening to Tv and Radio and get his scores the next day in the newspaper. I am a very small roller and enjoy the contest probably more than the wagering. I honestly like the challenge of finding systems that improve my %. I like to study systems and trends. I've probably lost more than I have won but I have had a great time. I am married with 2 kids 18 yr daughter and 12 year old son. My life is built around his youth sports football, basketball, and baseball. I love hanging out on Statfox and a few other forums.

Good Ole Rocky Top

Old Post 02-09-08 01:27 PM
sdtnvols42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sdtnvols42 Click here to Send sdtnvols42 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lemgreen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I am a retired lawyer and municipal court magistrate, but after retiring I got a regular job so I'm not idle. I live in Canton, Ohio, about a mile from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I live with my wife of 43 years and I have four children, all grown up and moved away. I don't know much about sports as such and very rarely even watch on TV except baseball which I love.

I've always been a recreational mathematician, and although I don't pay much attention to the games, I like massaging the numbers, and I've had good results in baseball. This year I've taken up capping hockey and I have posted in Lippsman's thread. My kids can't believe that the old man is actually on an internet forum but its been a lot of fun, and I'm learning a lot from all you guys.

Good luck.

Lem

Old Post 02-09-08 03:32 PM
lemgreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lemgreen Click here to Send lemgreen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jerilee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Getting it right!!........

Hello Mr Hotdog,

Was reading your post and it finally answered my question, you are a male instead of the goodlooking lady pictured on your Nickname. Lost the name of what its called.

Anyway, going to the grammar thing........lots of people should take a course at night school to learn how to use the words Them.....They......There....Theirs. It blows my mind how its misused by several people all over the country, not just here in the Forum. Maybe they don't know or either do not give a rats behind??. Yes, I'm perfect and anytime I screw up please have someone in here straighten me out. Just kidding!!.

Wish all of you the very best of life and happiness........damn, that sounded really nice, didn't it??.

Happy Valentines Day to you and yours.........

Rockin' Jerilee

Old Post 02-10-08 06:35 PM
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

SW(non-curious)M 30...

Conceived on a road trip to the great smokey mountains;)

I owe my life to a Pinto breaking down.

Born on Superbowl Sunday of '78.

Mom cooked dinner and water broke. Dad was doc, took me to hosp and I slipped out. Very easy going little runt...

Grew up in a die hard Iowa Hawks family. Saw them constantly annoyed at Iowa choking and decided to not invest all of my emotions into sports. This was ultimately decided in the great letdown of '87...

{From NY Times...}

U.N.L.V. AND INDIANA SQUEEZE INTO FINAL 4; RALLY BEATS IOWA, 84-81

U.N.L.V. scored its most impressive and dramatic victory of the season in the West Regional final today, capping a furious second-half comeback with an 84-81 victory against Iowa. The Rebels trailed by 16 points after the first half, by as many as 18 before they began their rush to victory. They will play Indiana Saturday in New Orleans.

Went on a long "walk of shame" with the fam after that and, well, that's that;)

Broke my arm swinging in a tree in the backyard during Hawkeye football game. Dad took a peek and said that we'd wait until after the game. I laid down with an ice pack and felt bad for interrupting the big game LOL!!!

Work at a warehouse, drive a straight truck, forklifts, order and pick spice orders for grocery stores and also ship world wide through a website.

I have a drinking problem when the beer runs out...

My brother is Crogue1 and he told me of this great community. I thoroughly enjoy this great forum and consider very many to be good friends:)

I am a tv, music, movie, and talk show radio fiend. Listening to Mancow right now...here's what he just said (something inspirational and post jacking) , "that mother thought she was going to have a lifetime with that baby...all of us think we have tomorrow, but it's never guarunteed, it's never promised, all we have is right now! I believe your best days are in front of you but you've got to live them! Whatever you are waiting for don't, DO IT NOW:)

I love whatever sports are in season, but I am by no means a sports genious. I am slowly picking up knowledge thanks to all the stellar handicappers on here.

Thanks All!

SliPKnuT

P.S. Bump

Old Post 02-12-08 03:54 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
crogue1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

good to see you pull this up again

Old Post 02-12-08 04:29 AM
crogue1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crogue1 Click here to Send crogue1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

RE-BELS!!!RE-BELS!!!RE-BELS!!!

I was but a wee lad when that happened, but that is probably the first game I ever remembering sweating out. A lil' gambler in the making was I...

Great stories slip

"Do what you can with what you have, with the time in place, in the place you are."

Old Post 02-12-08 04:34 AM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
LI's Capper

great idea

Whats up fellas..My names Kevin and i'm 27 years old (today) and have lurked this forum for about two years now. I use to post a little bit but mostly cap my games and then come here to invest with confidence when I see the same play from you guys. I grew up on Long Island New York and I am a die hard Met fan. Played baseball, basketball and ran cc in high school...I moved to Orlando Florida and graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in K-12 Physical Education. I've been working for At&t for 3 years now and coach junior varsity baseball during the spring and summer. Hope to land a physical education job where I can start teaching come the fall. I'm not married and have no kids so I have plenty of time to cap. My best sport is college hoops (particularly the ACC) where I'm a die hard Tarheel fan. I hope to become a bigger part of this forum and thank you guys for all the work you do to no end.

Old Post 02-12-08 04:35 AM
LI's Capper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LI's Capper Click here to Send LI's Capper a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great job always bumping this Msudogs:)

PPS,

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread thus far:)

I have read bits and pieces of it here and there but decided tonight to mow most of it out.

Great stuff in this puppy, but now my eyes are blurring out and I skipped betting on anything till now LOL. Go Wash and under!

FF,

At least one of us could win that one. I wish I had only lost $$$ on that game instead of having my sweet little heart ripped out of my chest ROFL!!!

PPPS,

JohnnyDuckets,

Nice grill and I don't care if BigBrother is taking notes;)

DarkHorse,

I rented and watched the older version of The Good Thief called Bob Le Flambeur last week...Great movie!!!

Old Post 02-12-08 04:58 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: