StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > EPL, MLS, & More
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
msudogs

EPL, MLS, & More

let's get going today

Old Post 04-30-16 02:11 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

not me, but an EPL stat guy

Arsenal have gone from favourites for the title to fighting for fourth place once again and questions continue to be raised about Arsene Wenger’s future. They need a win this weekend, and a convincing one at that, to relieve any doubts that people have about them being able to qualify for the Champions League. The visitors on Saturday need points desperately as they fight for survival. Since they last played, both Sunderland and Newcastle are building momentum and Norwich need a positive result this weekend to keep up with the pace. It will be a tense affair, especially if Arsenal start slowly and the negative atmosphere could play into Norwich’s hands.

Its been another disappointing campaign for Arsenal after it promised so much before Christmas. They have been average at best since the turn of the year and the drop in both intensity and quality has hurt them. If Manchester United win their game in hand, they will go just two points behind the Gunners and Arsenal will know the importance of winning this weekend to increase the pressure on United before their match against Champions-elect Leicester City. The return of Jack Wilshere was a huge positive from the match at Sunderland and they will be hoping he gets more minutes this weekend.

Norwich are in a three-way battle for survival with Sunderland and Newcastle. They dropped into the relegation zone after Sunderland took a point from Arsenal and the Canaries will be hoping for a similar result this weekend. They are level on points with Sunderland with a worse goal difference and are one point ahead of Newcastle with a game in hand over the Magpies. They will be confident about their chances of survival but they are the team with the worst form and need to quickly correct that.

In their previous meeting this season, the two sides drew 1-1 with Lewis Grabban scoring for the hosts in reply to an earlier Mesut Ozil goal. In the corresponding fixture from the last time Norwich were in the top flight, Arsenal ran out 4-1 winners. Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Mesut Ozil (2) scored the goals for the Gunners, while Jonny Howson netted for Norwich.

I expect Arsenal to win this match and if Manchester United fail to beat Leicester, this will all but confirm Champions League qualification. Alexis Sanchez is in great form and I think he will continue that and grab at least one goal. The frustration in the Arsenal camp is at an all time high, which could be a bad thing for Norwich as they will want to take that out on someone. If Arsenal get a big win like I expect, it could have a devastating effect on Norwich and their survival hopes.

Arsenal 4-0 Norwich City

Old Post 04-30-16 02:26 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

Soccer Site

Saturday 4/30
GERMANY - BUNDESLIGA (OVER 2.5 -133) HAMBURGER SV @ FSV MAINZ 05 (930AM)
NORWAY - TIPPELIGAEN (OVER 2.5 -130) VALERENGA IF @ LILLESTROM SK (930AM)
ENGLAND - CHAMPIONSHIP (UNDER 2.5 -133) BLACKBURN ROVERS @ ROTHERHAM UTD (10AM)

Old Post 04-30-16 02:31 PM
msudogs

Everton/Bournemouth over 3

Old Post 04-30-16 02:31 PM
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

morning gang

Everton PK
Sunderland PK
New castle +105
West Ham +102

I'm like a walking accident.
Everywhere I go, I wreck.

Old Post 04-30-16 03:40 PM
isdativan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for isdativan Click here to Send isdativan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

In Reno. Missed these. Too late.

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 04-30-16 04:15 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GL in Reno, here are some games that i'm on that haven't started yet.

France:
St. Etienne -113

Germany:
Hertha Berlin o2.5 (-121)

Spain:
Barcelona -2.5 (-138)

Old Post 04-30-16 04:26 PM
isdativan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for isdativan Click here to Send isdativan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks man. So far my luck has not been good.

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 04-30-16 04:54 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hopefully it'll turn around for ya.

English:

Arsenal -1.5 (-138)

Old Post 04-30-16 05:02 PM
msudogs

i need to squeeze one more in to get off the push

Old Post 04-30-16 05:48 PM
msudogs

agreeing with the above

Arsenal/Norwich over 3

Old Post 04-30-16 06:10 PM
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hope aresenal can get at least 1 more if not 2 in the last 25 mins. It's like watching paint dry rt now

Old Post 04-30-16 08:03 PM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Pretty much, giroud goal drought and this home crowd booing their own side is pretty comical. Mr. Bean isn't to popular anymore on this arsenal side.

Old Post 04-30-16 08:20 PM
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

leicester city +.5
man city o2.5

Old Post 05-01-16 02:54 PM
KKoss51
FoxDen Hall of Famer

We like anything today?

We looking into a few

Serie A
Roma U3

Bundesliga
Werder Bremen U3.5

My guy doesn't post soccer lines now til like 90 minutes (or so) before the match, so I don't have my EPL lines yet, or some of the other matches.

Serie A
Napoli Over, depending what it is.

They've just scored at home like crazy and think they can really put it up if the total is 2.5....if it's 3 might have a lot more thought on it.

Old Post 05-02-16 06:45 PM
KKoss51 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KKoss51 Click here to Send KKoss51 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

15 mins til kick

Swedish

Kalmar vs Orebro over 2'

Get it

Old Post 05-02-16 06:57 PM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Are the hot Spurs going to be ready to play today or since they can't pass Leicaster, ( or have I miscalculated ) are they not going to be motivated ?

Old Post 05-02-16 07:03 PM
KKoss51
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Missed the Swedish Game, good luck there.

Well Tottenham hasn't won at Stamford Bridge since 1990 in all competitions, so whether they are ready to go and up or not, its a tough pick.

However, definitely considering them at PK -110, because then at least you push on the draw.

Old Post 05-02-16 07:18 PM
KKoss51 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KKoss51 Click here to Send KKoss51 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Since 1990, wow. That's incredible. Do they play at least once a year ?

I can't believe the Cubs blew that one yesterday after tying it up. I had a 6 team parlay they cursed. A lot less painful as they were the 3rd game, the last 3 were blues, Redsox over and pacers under

Old Post 05-02-16 07:22 PM
KKoss51
FoxDen Hall of Famer

They've both been in the top flight since then, so yes...they've played at least once per year at Stamford Bridge.

Not to mention, they could have met in the FA Cup and/or Capital One (Carling) Cup during those years as well.

I'll try and look up how many matches its been, but its not pretty.

Old Post 05-02-16 07:35 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: