StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > my april mlb underdog system
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Herbshack

You guys might be interested...

Was playing around with dogs this morning. I read somewhere that dogs do well in the first game of a series after winning the game before it. Check this out (it is very similar to Azmat's system, but without temp):

SU: 119-108 (-0.1 rpg) average line: +132 / -144 on / against: +$4,540 / -$5,775 ROI: +20.0% / -17.7%

http://killersports.com/mlb.py/query?sid=guest&sort=ON_PL& text=series+game%3D1+and+po%3Apoints%3Cp
%3Apoints+and+0%3Cline+and+to%3Adivision
%3Ddivision+and+month%3D4&submit=query

Just a different approach to April dogs. :-) Today, two teams are showing (it was three but the Dodgers are moving on an off identity); however, the system is hot...not sure who believes in law of averages.

Old Post 04-05-11 05:59 PM
Herbshack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Herbshack Click here to Send Herbshack a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Duby99
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nice find Herb....did u check previous years to see if the results repeat themselves?

Old Post 04-05-11 06:42 PM
Duby99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duby99 Click here to Send Duby99 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Herbshack

Previous seasons

Yup. If you go on in there and type "and season" it hold up nicely. After April I have a reverse of this. Let's see how these April dogs do. Good stuff Azmat. Thanks.

Old Post 04-05-11 07:08 PM
Herbshack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Herbshack Click here to Send Herbshack a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Herbshack

Actually...see I only have 18 posts. Someone sent me a link to Azmats doggies. Now I like the statfox boards :P

EDIT: Have a loot at this too:

http://killersports.com/mlb.py/query?sid=therber2_772721&sort=ON_PL& text=+series+game%3D1+and+po%3Apoints%3C
p%3Apoints+and+0%3Cline+and+to%3Adivisio
n%3Ddivision+and+month%3D4+and+day&submit=query

I add "and Day" in there and we find out today isn't a very good day just like Saturday isn't a good day for Azmats.

If you notice this one is one win streak at the moment. I'd fade it today if anything. Seems logical that some of these only apply to certain days of the week. I love that.

Old Post 04-05-11 07:11 PM
mattyp

Still working on the sheet

I'm having issues getting the weather to match the time. it's weird.. it will match/find certain times, like 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, but not every time... and this is screwing up the gametime temp. If a game starts at 8:00, my spreadsheet won't find a temp. I may just have it take the last temp available, which isn't completely accurate... but at least it will show you what's borderline.

The other issue I'm having is the previous non-shutout requirement. If a team didn't play YESTERDAY, I don't have a result. Anybody know of a site that displays every daily matchup and the teams last result? I can only find yesterday's results easily.

Old Post 04-05-11 07:59 PM
mattyp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattyp Click here to Send mattyp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mattyp

by the way, I see today's picks as Mets, Astros, and possibly Pittsburgh (gametime temp of 59F is what I see). Is this what everyone else is seeing?

Old Post 04-05-11 08:01 PM
mattyp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattyp Click here to Send mattyp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MACDADDY

As of right now, Mets, Astros and Pirates look like plays today. Weather.com has gametime temp of 58 degrees in St. Louis tonight.

Old Post 04-05-11 08:15 PM
MACDADDY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MACDADDY Click here to Send MACDADDY a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Herbshack

Only got Houston here. Others are too close. Pitt seems closest then SEA

Old Post 04-05-11 08:50 PM
qs185
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"The other issue I'm having is the previous non-shutout requirement. If a team didn't play YESTERDAY, I don't have a result. Anybody know of a site that displays every daily matchup and the teams last result? I can only find yesterday's results easily."

Go to killersports.com MLB query page

http://killersports.com/mlb.py/query?sid=guest

If that link doesn't work, killersports.com
then click on MLB
then click on MLB SDQL query

put this in the query box

date=today and p:runs=0

It will show you a list of teams playing today that were shutout in their last game, no matter when the last games was played (as long as it's the same season).

For example, today it shows SDG even though they didn't play yesterday.

Old Post 04-05-11 09:05 PM
qs185 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qs185 Click here to Send qs185 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
qs185
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Or, maybe you're looking for something more like the MLB standings page?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/

It shows the last game for each team, with a date and score.

Old Post 04-05-11 09:23 PM
qs185 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qs185 Click here to Send qs185 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mattyp

Thanks qs

the killersports query should work. I've got it in there now.

I also figured out the weather problem. It was a rounding error (even though the times appeared both the same, say 11:00, they were actually slightly different decimals when converted by excel). Just in case there are any excel geeks out there... :)

Anyway, I should be able to get it done tomorrow.

Old Post 04-05-11 09:45 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

NYM is play : dime line +175, & temp 50F game time 7:00pm.

Old Post 04-06-11 12:41 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

PIT is NOT a play, game time temp in STL will be 61F

Old Post 04-06-11 12:45 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MACDADDY

Pitt-STL

Pitt looks like a no go tonight as game time temp is now showing 61 degrees at weather.com

Old Post 04-06-11 12:48 AM
MACDADDY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MACDADDY Click here to Send MACDADDY a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MACDADDY

Sorry about that big dadi. I started typing my post and got distracted with something else. By the time I posted you had already put up your info.

GLTA!

Old Post 04-06-11 12:49 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

No problem MCDADDY our common goal is provide info to viewers.

Looks like only 2 plays tonight: NYM, HOU.

Old Post 04-06-11 12:54 AM
seymoor

Intellicast says 59 degrees at 8:00 pm - who knows?

Old Post 04-06-11 01:57 AM
seymoor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seymoor Click here to Send seymoor a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Game time ... Time zone 8pm is ET... 7pm local time 60F

Old Post 04-06-11 02:07 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tuesday 4/5 1-1 +75

Since 4/3/11 4-2 +379

Old Post 04-06-11 04:51 AM
Herbshack

Houston Astros under 48 degrees

While you guys are checking temperatures, look out for the Astros playing in a game under 48 degrees. Since 2004 they are 13-3 under the total:

http://killersports.com/mlb.py/query?sid=therber2_391778&sort=ON_PL& text=team%3DAstros+and+playoffs%3D0+and+
temperature%3C%3D48&submit=query

Old Post 04-06-11 07:17 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: