StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bengals/49ers Saturday Night
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): « 1 [2]

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Tom2

Bengals/49ers

- How bad are the 49ers? So bad that in the eyes of oddsmakers they are 9-point underdogs at home to a lousy Cincinnati team. San Fran has won eight of the past 10 meetings, but the Bengals have dominated ATS, going 5-0-1 against the number.

-With backup-turned-starter Trent Dilfer suffering a concussion in last week's 27-7 loss to Minnesota, Shaun Hill will make his first career start Saturday.

-The Bengals' bigger problems have been on defense, but they've shown signs of improving recently. They did not allow a touchdown for the second time in three weeks in a 19-10 win over St. Louis on Sunday.

-The Bengals defeated St. Louis 19-10 as a 10-point favorite in Week 14. The combined score fell UNDER the posted over/under total (45.5).

-The 49ers lost to Minnesota 27-7 as an 8.5-point underdog in Week 14. The combined score fell UNDER the posted over/under total (39).

I would probably tease this game about 7 pts and take the Bengals. They should win by @ least a field goal. If you do that you could take the under around 50.

Old Post 12-15-07 07:03 PM
Tom2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom2 Click here to Send Tom2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It scares me that most of ya'll seem to be on the 49ers, but it's good for me to hear that. I still think I'm going with Cincy, but just won't bet as much. To be honest, the most money I've made on a single game this year was twice in which I took the team playing the 49ers...last week was one of those. I just think they are horrible and can't compete even if they are at home. I wouldn't advise any of you good people here in The Den to make a play on the Bengals like I am, I just love a little action from time to time and have had good luck taking the 49ers opponent. That said, good luck to everyone tonight! Happy Holidays!!!

-Jsachs

Old Post 12-15-07 07:34 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
smgolfvienna

amusing...Doc...you are on 24/7...and you say "get a life *******"...very laughable...you have Cartman, and you mention cartoons?...Doc...you cant spell "their" ( thier ) correctly...can you possibly be that stupid?...or "Lunch pail" ( lunchpale )...or "testosterone" ( testosirone )...or "estrogen" ( estrogin )...you display your ignorance quite often...when you take a look at yourself, I would guess that you do not like what you see...perhaps, someday, you will have an actual friend or family...as opposed to a forum...your existence must be humiliating.

Old Post 12-15-07 07:38 PM
smgolfvienna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smgolfvienna Click here to Send smgolfvienna a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

The Line Dropped

from CIN -9.5 (open) to -8 (current)

PLAY ON Cincy. Books have to be smiling, not the pub.

Old Post 12-15-07 07:49 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
highrize
FoxDen Hall of Famer

vienna

your a sad sack of **** if you have to come on here and talk about people u don't even know like that.

Honestly get some self respect and leave the bs at home

We all want the same thing so let's picks a winner and not listen to the loser

Good Luck Everybody

Old Post 12-15-07 09:42 PM
highrize is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highrize Click here to Send highrize a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey Vienna

I will rip your head off and **** down your throat if it's not full of dick. Little a-hole SOB.

My only friend is your ugly wife.

Old Post 12-15-07 09:42 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
M-1

Man i am so happy that the big dawgs ripped into fag boy SMGOLFVEINNA before i posted this cause you were WAY OUT OF LINE in that post....

Keep that **** up and i doubt you'll find too many people willing to give you any type of inside info or even reply to your gay ass comments. This is a gentles club here and bitches can get their ass kicked and left at the entrance

I hope you get ousted

Old Post 12-15-07 09:56 PM
M-1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M-1 Click here to Send M-1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
my boy Cam

Easy Vienna- Doc is one of the most listened to and trusted voices here, no need for tongue lashing or other sh*t- leave that at the other forums. This one is the classiest I've found, so let's keep it that way. I can give one strong possible reason to take San Fran.........

Brandon Lang
5 Dime Play
Cincy
He did hit Monday and the world didn't end.Can he win 2 in a row? GL guys.

Old Post 12-15-07 10:23 PM
my boy Cam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for my boy Cam Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hope Lang is wrong....haha

Go Bengals!

And yes, I agree. Leave all the nonsense at the door and let's focus on picking winners!

Old Post 12-15-07 10:49 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BOL Jsachs! Go to edit options and enable PM's.

Old Post 12-15-07 11:04 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
my boy Cam

Just my 2cents on this game. Being a Bengals fan, I've suffered through another long season but seen every game. Looking at this total, I do see slight value in the total.
Cincy allows just under 28 pts. a game on the road, but that number is a little decieving. 3 of the 6 road games stick out to me the most. The Cleveland, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh games. According to my calculations, their were 44 pts. given up by this Bengal defense or special teams that were just inexcusable. 21 in the Cleve game, 10 in the Pitts game, 13 in the Buff game. Now if you look at what San Fran scores on average at home(a little over 9) and gives up ( 20). You might have the makings for a nice under situation. San Fran is starting a 3rd stringer at QB, which might give a little confidence to Joseph and Hall in the secondary, leaving San Fran the option of running alot. I also see Rudi getting quite a few carries to set up the pass, but Carson hasn't been as sharp this year, setting up for possible 3rd and long situations. If the San Fran defense plays true to form and allows their 20 pts. at home, or even allows an extra FG, Cincy will probably be good for 23 pts.
I look for San Fran to score a few more than their at home average(again 9 pts.) Factor those numbers, and I see a 23 -13, or 24-16 type game. My play will be UNDER 42.5

Old Post 12-15-07 11:24 PM
my boy Cam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for my boy Cam Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

PM enabled Doc.

Hooks, I'm on the opposite side tonight on both, but good luck to ya!

Old Post 12-16-07 12:58 AM
my boy Cam

Hooks, be careful bro with the parlay. If Cincy wins 23 -13 ,your parlay is shot. This isn't a strong play IMO, just see some value in the under. You might be better served teasing SF to 14.5 and under 48.5 if your wanting all your eggs in one basket. I've noticed alot of services on the under which I don't like, but still feel it's the right side. Which ever way you decide, BOL to you.

Old Post 12-16-07 01:13 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: