StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bengals/49ers Saturday Night
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bengals/49ers Saturday Night

Anybody else liking the Bengals in this game as much as I am?? This may be one of my bigger bets this season. The 49ers flat out suck, and the Bengals have too much power on offense not to cover a -8.5 spread. I'm planning on going big on the Bengals, but before I make it final...I'd like some insight from The Den.

-Jsachs

Old Post 12-14-07 12:03 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I don't think Cincy is good enough to be an 81/2 pt. road fav against ANYBODY. They have not displayed that as of yet. I'm not in love with the idea of backing SF either. I'm leaning towards the under 43 right now.

Old Post 12-14-07 12:40 PM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I hear ya. I just think San Fran is unmercifully awful....which is why I think a mediocre Bengals team should take them to the clinic. I may ease up on my bet. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Old Post 12-14-07 01:37 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

under is the play imo.

Old Post 12-14-07 02:13 PM
2381Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2381Mike Click here to Send 2381Mike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bengals stink on grass. I'll be on the Niners +

BOL

Old Post 12-14-07 10:19 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
htdykid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My feeling is the bengals could possibly be the biggest square play of the week. Take the niners ML.

Old Post 12-14-07 10:20 PM
htdykid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for htdykid Click here to Send htdykid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wiseguys

ther sucking you right in, they love guys like you

Old Post 12-15-07 02:09 AM
wiseguys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wiseguys Click here to Send wiseguys a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Garrrdock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Niner's on the ML for me as well- I've already teased them with Houston. Hopefully that hits, but the ML is enticing enough to throw .5 units on.

Old Post 12-15-07 02:38 AM
Garrrdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Garrrdock Click here to Send Garrrdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
captainjoe388
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Both teams dead in the water. Cinn may just waiting for the season to end so they can go out and play with their good friends the PO-lice. SF still shows some D and may put up a bit of fight for the home fans. However, as posted above the Under might be the stronger play. Personnaly I dont think its watchable or betable, but GOOD LUCK.

" Live Long and Prosper"
Mr. Spock

Old Post 12-15-07 08:01 AM
captainjoe388 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for captainjoe388 Click here to Send captainjoe388 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
M-1

How can under be the play here when both defense's have been horrible and Cincy's D CAN'T stop the run and Frank Gore has been running the ball a lot better...n you know CIncy will score some points....i think this is such a bad game it will be a shoot out

Old Post 12-15-07 08:08 AM
M-1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M-1 Click here to Send M-1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Anybody have any insight as to what historically happens when you have two teams with nothing to play for meeting with the season already in the tank. Home team, road team, dog, fav, points, no points?

Surely theres a pattern.

I would think if the teams arent really trying, their would be more points, cuzz its easier and more fun on offense then defense.

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 12-15-07 04:40 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
M-1

Thats what im thinking TEX.....i really think it will be an OVER game...i think out of all the plays in this game that is the safest....i really hate to bet on crappy teams but with both Defense's being as bad as they are and with nothing to play for....i think that HIGHLIGHTS on ESPN is what they'll be playing for tonight

AS a PATS fan....i will be cheering for the Bengals to beat the 49ers so the PATS can get THAT MUCH NEEDED 2nd OVERALL pick in the draft....Pats need that pick BAD... :) ha ha

Old Post 12-15-07 05:39 PM
M-1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M-1 Click here to Send M-1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The only reason this line is so high is because 49ers are starting there 3rd string QB. I ask two question dose it matter who starts at QB? Can this Offense get any worst than it already is against Cinny? I think the answer is no because the Rams started there 3rd string QB last week in Cinny and only lost bye 9, the game was closer than the outcome.
49ers rank 22nd in Defense in the NFL and the Rams ranked 20th or 21st last week and held Cinny to 19pts. I really think the 49ers defense is better than the stats show. It's the offense that leaves the defense on the field way to long. Cinny Defense rank 26th in the NFL.

The line opened at 9.5 and is now at 8 in some books with 69% of the public on the Bengals.

I think 49ers will play alot better than last week. Remember the 49ers one of the hottest teams in the NFL last week.

Play On - Underdogs of 3.5 to 10 points (SAN FRANCISCO) - after failing to cover the spread in 3 out of their last 4 games against opponent after failing to cover the spread in 4 or 5 out of their last 6 games.
(80-45 since 1983.) (64%, +30.5 units. Rating = 2*)
Play On - Underdogs or pick (SAN FRANCISCO) - after failing to cover the spread in 3 out of their last 4 games against opponent after failing to cover the spread in 4 or 5 out of their last 6 games.
(143-95 since 1983.) (60.1%, +38.5 units. Rating = 2*)
Play On - Home underdogs of 3.5 to 10 points (SAN FRANCISCO) - after failing to cover the spread in 2 out of their last 3 games, terrible team, winning 25% or less of their games, in the second half of the season.
(52-25 since 1983.) (67.5%, +24.5 units. Rating = 2*)
Play Against - Favorites of 3.5 to 10 points (CINCINNATI) - after failing to cover the spread in 4 or 5 out of their last 6 games against opponent after failing to cover the spread in 4 out of their last 5 games.
(54-27 since 1983.) (66.7%, +24.3 units. Rating = 2*)

49ers +9.5

Good luck to all!

Old Post 12-15-07 05:49 PM
Tmoneybags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmoneybags Click here to Send Tmoneybags a Private Message Edit post   Report post
smgolfvienna

JT...if you like Cincy, play 'em...dont be swayed by the bs.

Old Post 12-15-07 06:21 PM
smgolfvienna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smgolfvienna Click here to Send smgolfvienna a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

smgolfvienna

Nobody is swaying anybody. It's called a open discussion. That's what places like this are meant for.

Old Post 12-15-07 06:29 PM
Tmoneybags is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tmoneybags Click here to Send Tmoneybags a Private Message Edit post   Report post
smgolfvienna

hey TM...Im aware of what the place is for...I check in all the time...I read the posts...I know how easily people are influenced...go **** yourself.

Old Post 12-15-07 06:44 PM
smgolfvienna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smgolfvienna Click here to Send smgolfvienna a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tmoneybags
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wow

Double wow

Old Post 12-15-07 06:46 PM
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I remember Smigley. Get a life a-hole. Are you're cartoons over?

Old Post 12-15-07 06:56 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Garrrdock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks Vienna-

You've found a way to **** on a productive thread.

TMoney-ignore the useless prick.

Back to the game- I like the over as well. Shaun Hill is the best thing to happen to this offense in 2 months. Dilfer is a useless backup. 49er's will score some points tonight, as will the bungals. Gotta love getting 8+ as well as the over. This line might even be set up for the classic double tease. Niners up, Bengals down. I usually do 2-3 of those a year for small.

Old Post 12-15-07 06:57 PM
Garrrdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Garrrdock Click here to Send Garrrdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
krisinsd

cincy 1st half

the only game 49ers covers 1st half was the AZ game, and they won that game outright, besides that they have been horrible in the 1st half, and now they start a QB who has never started a game.

vs Vikes 0-27
@ Panthers 0-17
@ Cards 17-21
vs Rams 3-13
@ Hawks 0-17
@ Falcons 7-14
vs Saints 0-24
@ Giants 7-19
vs Ravens 0-6
vs Hawks 0-13
@ Steelers 6-14
@ Rams 7-13
vs Zona 10-10

Old Post 12-15-07 07:02 PM
krisinsd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krisinsd Click here to Send krisinsd a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: