StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > The 10 Betting Commandments
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The 10 Betting Commandments

My best friend moved to Vegas to be a sports bettors a little over a year ago. We’ve partnered in bets for 7 years now. We set out to write the 10 Betting Commandments over the last few years. We are finally complete. Would love your thoughts and if you would add anything. There is an explanation and expansion on each. Would these make a cool little manual? Is it worth it to write a 60 page book on it? Humor is always welcome :)

Betting 10 commandment

1. Don't lose money
2. If there isn’t a statistical and market vulnerability edge to your bet, it’s a loser.
3. (The edge for the bettor is they don't have to bet every game (pick the best of 3 for each game: favorite, dog, stay away)
4. Don't blind follow anybody.
5. Only bet on a big favorite if they are a big favorite in the league
6. Once you get on the train you don't get off the train until it stops.
7. Keep the edges sharp. Don't let them get rounded
8. Let the bets find you
9. Buy low, sell high.
10. Smartest people in the world realize "I'm going to be wrong.

Old Post 01-31-18 04:56 PM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lf25bonds
FoxDen Hall of Famer

For #5 I could also add “don’t jump on a moving train”

Old Post 01-31-18 04:58 PM
lf25bonds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lf25bonds Click here to Send lf25bonds a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

tell him not to quit his day job.

Old Post 01-31-18 09:52 PM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: