StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MNF ... Is it this easy?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

MNF ... Is it this easy?

Random titles across internet land:

1. Can I have a legitimate Reason not to take houson -9 tonight?

2. Houston NYJ Monday night, how can the Jets even stay close?

3. Tease Hou with over or under?

4. Seriously? You people are taking the Jets?

5. Texans WIN! Ppl are so over thinking this

6. Texans -9 is a gift.

7. How can you bet JETS

8. Jets suck!!!! Houston all day MNF(LOCK)-all on houston

9. MNF "Houston, we have "no" problems"

Now to be fair, there is some support for the Jets but it pales in comparison. In reality this isn't the greatest spot for the Texans and I am a big fan. But I'm a bigger fan of my wallet. Now facing the bright lights in The Big Apple metropolitan area on the MNF stage against an embarrassed local team that has been hearing how much they suck from sports shows, fans & haters everywhere. And sure the Jets have some injuries but that is part of the game and they have been accounted for in the current line.

1. Unbeaten teams before week 7 are 0-15 ATS playing a MNF road game if opponent is playing a consecutive home game.

2. And a very rare situation that happens only once every other year: Home teams that lost last week at home by > 30 and scored 10 or < in that game are 10-0 ATS since 1998.

My plays: NYJ +9' for 4 units, NYJ + 15' & Under 47 for 2 units, NYJ ML +350 for 2 units

Old Post 10-08-12 11:08 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Glad you like them RD. I think that this is one of Bytore's "magic toaster" plays too. Adding in the fact that all of the illiterate basement crew are on the Texans!!

I forecast tears in momma's basement tonight.

GL

Old Post 10-08-12 11:22 PM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ponity, I Just asked the toaster. lol!!!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 10-08-12 11:31 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

You people type type too much...

RUSH

Old Post 10-08-12 11:36 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tex
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Playbook has a 4 star on the Jets and they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat. That worries me..

give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Old Post 10-08-12 11:53 PM
Tex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Probably wrong, but

I believe what I see. Seen stranger stuff of course, but I still like the Texans. Kind of leaning to the under.
Good luck

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 10-08-12 11:58 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

From Playbook

Meet the most callous call of the week on the NFL card. For openers,
favorites of more than 5 points in Game Five of the campaign who
are unblemished on both sides of the scorecard are just 3-7-1 ATS
since 1980, including 0-3-1 ATS when facing a foe off a loss of 6 or
more points. The Texans’ 2-8 SU and 1-9 ATS mark in Game Fives
throughout their franchise history softens the storyline. As does
their dismal 1-3 SUATS all time record when performing under the
Monday night lights. Bring in a litany of Rex Ryan successes (5-1
SUATS versus undefeated opposition; 3-0 SUATS as a home dog
versus a foe off a win; 11-3 SU and 9-4 ATS when his club does not
own a winning record)

GLTA

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 10-08-12 11:59 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

realizing this is the NFL, but i've watched the jets games and if hou doesn't miss the plane they should win by 17. if you have to hope for a back door cover, why bother. gl to all who are compelled to plunge in with a wager.

Old Post 10-09-12 12:13 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good info and thanks for the share.

The betting trends in the Vegas books this afternoon show the line creeping up at most books. Once the line gets off 9.5 (as it has at a couple of books) the middle players and sharps are betting it down. I'm looking at the under as well since the line is slowly moving up from pubic backing.

Old Post 10-09-12 12:13 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Where is justdave????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHuR...feature=related

Old Post 10-09-12 12:22 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ronnie, she is le hook. :)

Trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGp6...feature=related

RUSH

Old Post 10-09-12 12:28 AM
pointmagic
FoxDen Hall of Famer

My brother, mother, second cousin, and kissing cousin had dinner with the towel boy and coaching staff for the Texans last night. They all conclude that the J-E-T-S are going to lay down at home again this week. I look for another 34-0 blowout. My 3rd cousin, the one who watches all the Wake Forest scrimmages, says that Houston will cover the spread easy tonight.

Go Demon Deacons!!

CUBANO,

I've yet to see you back a doggie.

Old Post 10-09-12 12:29 AM
pointmagic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pointmagic Click here to Send pointmagic a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

With that all said

435 Houston Texans Over 24 -137*

GLTA

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 10-09-12 12:48 AM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

RD

couldn't have said it any better
GL

Old Post 10-09-12 12:54 AM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ronnie111
FoxDen Hall of Famer

RD

i know i'm a troublemaker, BUT, if this game was on a sunday without nat'l TV, would you still get involved with it....hope they cover for you.

Old Post 10-09-12 12:58 AM
ronnie111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronnie111 Click here to Send ronnie111 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

RD

Couldn't agree more.

Old Post 10-09-12 01:00 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Lol, my neighbor placed a bet that was 2-4 times his usual amount. He was on Houston, that's all I need to know.

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 10-09-12 01:05 AM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yes, Ronnie trouble.

I won the toaster...

Little gamble on the side. lol!!!

Once I liver forever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0W...&feature=relmfu

RUSH

Old Post 10-09-12 01:05 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Pointmagic, if your eyeballs could see, you wold take the under!!!

RUSH

Old Post 10-09-12 01:08 AM
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Point...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I&feature=relmfu[/urtl]

RUSH

Old Post 10-09-12 01:10 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: