StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Madness Discussion Thread
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Madness Discussion Thread

Thought I would get one started. No comments or commentary from me yet except that I expect a lot of plays Thursday and Friday !

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 03-17-14 01:12 AM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ICT Picker

They (NCAA) layed a mine field

for Wichita State. The Mid West is brutal. Kentucky is playing very well and is a 8 rseed and LVille as a four. Who ever makes it out is my favorite to win it all. Luv Baylor ov Nebraska from a betting angle.

Old Post 03-17-14 01:38 AM
ICT Picker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICT Picker Click here to Send ICT Picker a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

my buckeyes should have went to the nit

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 03-17-14 03:42 AM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

No love for MD this year not even NIT. And what a screw job on SMU
Pete

Terpman

Old Post 03-17-14 12:55 PM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Pete, I think the committee made it very clear how they felt about the AAC conference. Louisville #5 in the polls gets a 4 seed overall? SMU doesn't even get in and Memphis & UConn with lower seeds than expected. Plus, they put 3 of the 4 in the same region? Very strange

Old Post 03-17-14 03:22 PM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zaba

I think the committee got the American correct. The conference seems small. Small guards, bigs aren't that big. Louisvilles only top 25 wins are against other conference teams that seem now to be overrated. They lost to bigger teams like Kentucky and North Carolina. With that said, Manhattan is big. Its tough to judge Manhattan because they haven't played anyone but they play 11 and will pressure Louisville. This will be an interesting game...

Old Post 03-17-14 04:48 PM
Zaba is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zaba Click here to Send Zaba a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SWONE
FoxDen Hall of Famer

agreed...they did not think much of the AAC

But Louisville being in as a 4 just pisses them off...I say they make it the Final Four and maybe even the Title game, I have Louisville being the 2nd strongest team behind Florida. SMU will probably win the NIT.

Florida is a great team...but I have they bracket being the strongest overall. Kansas, Ohio St, Syracuse. UCLA, Pittsburgh...all strong teams....all in the same bracket.

In the West, although Wisconsin can score better than in past years, I think Oregon beats them in 2nd round. Think Creighton could be playing Arizona to win that Bracket. Thinking N Dakota St beats Oklahoma (5-12 mathcup) then either Oklahoma St/Gonzaga <<

Tennessee should win the play in game and could beat Duke 2nd rd.

I like Wichita but they will have to beat Kentucky then Louisville then either Tennesse1/Duke or Michigan. In that bracket I like Xavier to beat NC St and then beat St. Louis. (5-12 matchup)

Virginia will struggle vs Memphis and may lose to Michigan St. Think NC Central will be tough for Iowa St. I think Villanova wins the bottom half of that bracket.

Can't wait to get started on all the other games tomorrow..CBI, NIT and CIT

Gambling?? Who said anything about gambling??

It's NOT gambling when you "KNOW" you are gonna WIN! Alan from "the Hangover movie"

Old Post 03-17-14 04:56 PM
SWONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SWONE Click here to Send SWONE a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Villanova is overrated and does not deserve a #2 seed.

Herbie

Old Post 03-17-14 04:57 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zaba

Championship game, Michigan State vs Arizona, Arizona wins.

Old Post 03-17-14 05:24 PM
Zaba is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zaba Click here to Send Zaba a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SWONE
FoxDen Hall of Famer

seedings make for great debate

what conference is stronger etc...it'll all come out over the next few weeks :)

what to do know is pick the games...Brackets are set....let's Roll!!

Gambling?? Who said anything about gambling??

It's NOT gambling when you "KNOW" you are gonna WIN! Alan from "the Hangover movie"

Old Post 03-17-14 05:48 PM
SWONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SWONE Click here to Send SWONE a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tennessee -1
Dayton +6
Wisconsin Milwaukee +16.5
Texas -1.5
Providence +4
Oklahoma State -2

Herbie

Old Post 03-17-14 07:21 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Zaba

I agree emotion is big, that's why Arizona losing to UCLA may be the best thing for them. Also, remember if picking Oregon over Wisconsin, that game is played in Milwaukee. there will be a lot of Big 10 fans there.

Old Post 03-17-14 07:47 PM
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

san diego state Under 128

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 03-18-14 05:36 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: