StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Please Come Back Actionbrett!!!!
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
The Bentley
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Please Come Back Actionbrett!!!!

Action...please...Action...Hello....AAAAABBBBB......

Where are you????

Old Post 06-18-07 05:54 PM
The Bentley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Bentley Click here to Send The Bentley a Private Message Edit post   Report post
amich1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

system

1) system parameters were posted @ beginning of the yr. look it up & figure out the plays yourself
2) begging is pathetic

Old Post 06-18-07 06:13 PM
amich1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amich1 Click here to Send amich1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bentley

second that. you just came off looking not so good. I know he's missed here but this thread is quite pathetic. blind tailing is a not the way to go. learn how to handicap from others and then begin betting games on your own. you should not bet games solely based on others opinions....

Old Post 06-18-07 06:22 PM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hotdog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

amich,
If you have his parameter, can you please post it. Thank you.

Old Post 06-18-07 06:24 PM
hotdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hotdog Click here to Send hotdog a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fwljr3
FoxDen Hall of Famer

amich

he never posted his exact system... just a few of the guidelines... nothing that would come to his system plays...

Old Post 06-18-07 06:54 PM
fwljr3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fwljr3 Click here to Send fwljr3 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Bentley
FoxDen Hall of Famer

fwljr3

exactly...

Old Post 06-18-07 06:56 PM
The Bentley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Bentley Click here to Send The Bentley a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Bentley
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Amich and hightimes

the problem with text is that you can't understand the tone of delivery...it is purely a compliment to Action and how good he was...take it easy

Old Post 06-18-07 06:58 PM
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

His absence is a loss to this forum.

Old Post 06-18-07 08:03 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I have been a viewer for a long time, and only a member for a month or so, AB has made me a decent amount of money, and not seeing his picks to cross-reference my selections is going to be missed. The negativity that has been going on here from the Mr. Perfect thread, and then in the Oskiem thread(s) has been unbelievable. I regret every remark that I made that could have in any way have contributed to what is now the case, long time Den Members not wanting to deal with the crap and leaving. Hopefully it was just an anomaly and we can get back to business and save the drama for another outlet.

GL to everybody

ff

Old Post 06-18-07 08:09 PM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bentley

indeed it is. I apologize bentley he is someone I loved to look at as well. I remember a very recent thread in which he was absolutely torn apart as a human being. dont remember exactly what was said but it was quite an attack. Im sure we'll see him again. Brett said he had a thick skin. we shall see..................

Old Post 06-18-07 08:10 PM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Bentley
FoxDen Hall of Famer

True to all above.

Note taken.

Old Post 06-18-07 08:16 PM
2381Mike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Some guys may not have the time to cap, but still love to wager. I see nothing wrong with following someone blindly, just as long as losses are taken like a man.

Old Post 06-18-07 08:59 PM
2381Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2381Mike Click here to Send 2381Mike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I suppose with extremely sound money management you could get away with it... to each his own.................

Old Post 06-18-07 09:02 PM
The Bentley
FoxDen Hall of Famer

2381, you are exactly right too...

We all get 24/7/365 and have limited abilities or systems in place to spend the necessary time and having AB around was great to cross check my opinions vs. his...it expedited the process. Also, with a guy that good....why the hell wouldn't you tail him...its funny that others say to play your own bets, yet more times than not I saw others posting "their" picks, but there was enormous similarities at what Brett picked...so what is worse, being a quiet tailer or a plagerizing copycat? Funny how it works.

Old Post 06-18-07 09:34 PM
Garrrdock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Your money, do what ya want with it..I tail all the time. I'm sure alot of us do, busy schedules sometime make it impossible to dedicate the time neccessary to properly look into a game. If I get swamped at work and don't get out till 7-730, I may have the itch to come home and watch a game with a little extra incentive. I would have had 0 time that day to cap myself. That's why it's so important that there's integrity in posted records in the Den. Just whatever ya do, please do not bash someone if you lose tailing there play.

Old Post 06-18-07 10:03 PM
Garrrdock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Garrrdock Click here to Send Garrrdock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I don't believe that just because someone posts the same play as another person in in the den means that they are copying their picks. I try to only post plays that I think are unique. But sometimes people's picks do coincide with others, especially if said person normally posts late in the day. ActionBrett was the earliest poster in this whole place, usually posting almost a day in advance of the games, so naturally things posted after him would be much more likely to be compared to his plays. I always try to post my stuff early, but even I get beat by gary. To illustrate my point, My main plays for today are the Dbacks over, Mets under, and Indians over, but I have not yet posted anything today because I don't have all the information required to pull the trigger. I've been looking at these since nine this morning and it would be nice to be the first to bring them to table in this wonderful potluck we call the foxden, but that's not going to happen today. So, if and when I do make them plays there is a good chance that we'll have a couple of people that bring potato salad to the picnic. It just happens sometimes. Besides, if there's a lot of potato salad, that usually mean that a lot of people like potato salad.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 06-18-07 10:40 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
I Am Legend

AB is postings next door under a new name.

Old Post 06-18-07 11:25 PM
I Am Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for I Am Legend Edit post   Report post
Showstoppa
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Whats next door??

Old Post 06-18-07 11:32 PM
Showstoppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Showstoppa Click here to Send Showstoppa a Private Message Edit post   Report post
arewson
Banned User

What's next door?

That would probably be HOF(Hall of Fame)
That would explain why redwingxix was posting bs in the forum on Sat.
redwingxix is not the only one guilty of this as others were stepping up their count also.
Best of luck to you.

Old Post 06-19-07 12:04 AM
arewson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arewson Click here to Send arewson a Private Message Edit post   Report post
amich1
FoxDen Hall of Famer

search his name

search "actionbrett" & it will pull up his post from the beginning of the season. I don't remember his explanation of all the perameters but know it is based primarily on home team starting pitcher ERA differential.
Brett's system is a Good system (albeit all plays are highly juiced so money managment is essential to turn a profit) & he's a good guy no doubt. I'm not criticizing you for tailing bentley it's the begging someone to post plays that is pathetic. If he wants to post he will.

Best.

i need to hone in my mlb a bit more so i can start contributing consistently here too....

Old Post 06-19-07 12:11 AM
amich1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amich1 Click here to Send amich1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: