StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Bush to sign Internet Gambling Bill next Friday
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bush to sign Internet Gambling Bill next Friday

Bush to sign Internet Gambling Bill next Friday
written October 6, 2006

This is sad news but it was expected.

EOG has just learned President George W. Bush will sign the Security and Accountability For Every (SAFE) Port Act into law next Friday, delivering a blow to U.K.-listed online gaming companies, whose shares tumbled after an Internet gambling ban was attached to the legislation.

The port security bill was one of Congress' final actions before breaking for the November mid-term elections. The legislation, part of an election-year focus on national security issues, is designed to keep nuclear, chemical or biological weapons out of shipping containers on their way to the U.S.

The addition of a provision making it a criminal offense to receive funds related to any online gambling activity that is illegal under state or federal law punished a number of gaming companies listed in the U.K., including PartyGaming (PRTY.LN), 888 Holdings (888.LN), and Sportingbet (SBT.LN). PartyGaming and 888 Holdings said they would shut down their U.S.-facing operations as a result of the legislation.

What will be banned next?

Emails?

To read more or interact with others about the ramifications of the Internet gambling bill, visit our posting forums below...

http://www.eog.com/forums/

Old Post 10-06-06 06:43 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Internet Gambling Bill- Updated positions of Poker, Sports books
written October 6, 2006

Since we initially wrote our column updating gamblers as to which sports books and Poker sites are staying put or caving in, several other operators have emailed us and asked that we mention their "official" positions.

Meanwhile, several other gambling sites who were "undecided" a few days ago have made decisions to continue to do business with US citizens.

Here is our updated list of gambling sites, including Poker, who have shared their stance.

Neteller has stated, "It is currently unclear how NETELLER, a European company, with no assets, presence or employees in the US, would be affected by this bill. Once the regulations have been written, NETELLER will have a clearer view of which companies are affected, how those companies will be expected to comply, and any possible resulting impact on NETELLER and its US facing business."

Therefore, we have placed them in the "undecided" group for now.

Here is our current list below of gambling operations who fall into 3 different categories. Once again, we urge operators to email us as soon as possible to shrink@eog.comto make this list more complete, so that players know what to expect.

Leaving US Market

Party Poker:

Pacific Poker:

Cryptologic and Affiliated Sites:

Boss:

Sun Poker:

Bet Fred:

PCR.com

Bet365

P1Gaming.com

Titan Poker

Celeb Poker

Staying in US Market - At least for now

True Poker:

Paradise Poker:

WSEX

Pinnacle Sports

Ultimate Bet:

Poker.com:

Absolute

Full Tilt

Bodog:

Bugsy'sClub:

Planet Poker:

Full Contact Poker:

Cake Poker:

Jet Set

Jungle Poker

Pharaohs

VegasPoker247

All privately owned sports books

Undecided

Poker Stars:

Paradise Poker:

Poker Room:

Neteller

Hollywood

VIP

Mansion

To read more or interact with others about the Internet gambling bill, visit our posting forums below...

http://www.eog.com/forums/

Old Post 10-06-06 06:45 PM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Potoroinae
Banned User

glad australia doesnt do this

Brisbane, Australia
G'day mate....!

Old Post 10-06-06 07:03 PM
Potoroinae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Potoroinae Click here to Send Potoroinae a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Mshven87

quick question

Does anyone have any info on tcbets.com...if anyone has any info on this i would love to hear it ..thanks

Old Post 10-06-06 08:11 PM
Mshven87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mshven87 Click here to Send Mshven87 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sports Gambling

How does this bill affect sports gambling?

On 'Inside the NFL' this week they had a segment with Bob Costas and Peter King talking about this bill.

They said that it is estimated that five million people in the U.S. bet a total of three billion dollars per year on the NFL through off shore gambling websites.

King said that as a result of this bill, banks will no longer take credit card transactions at offshore accounts.

He said the new NFL commisioner does not want gambling on their games.

But no mention was made of Las Vegas and the fact that gambling on the NFL has been part of the Las Vegas scene for quite some time.

So, I ask, how much of this is fabricated B.S. and how much of this will affect Americans that have accounts with off shore sportbooks?

Old Post 10-06-06 08:32 PM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MTPaid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

1 - I received an e-mail from Hollywood saying that they will be staying in the US market. Neteller has stated that they won't be banning US customers either in the near future.

2 - I saw "Inside the NFL" too this week and I was going to post the same thing. Unfortunately, the NFL sees this as a major victory. If and when this bill prevents you from wagering on the NFL, I would urge you, no matter how hard it would be, to completely boycott the NFL. Don't watch games, don't buy merchandise. Then they will see how victorious they really were when noboby gives a s**t about Cleveland vs Oakland or Houston vs anybody on Sunday.

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com (Sports, Poker, Life)

Old Post 10-06-06 09:25 PM
MTPaid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTPaid Click here to Send MTPaid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msandler
FoxDen Hall of Famer

i couldn't agree more...think it's a coincidence that the nfl is the most bet on sport and the most profitable sport? how many of you watch games simply because you have money on them? i know i sure do

Old Post 10-06-06 09:37 PM
msandler is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msandler Click here to Send msandler a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

MTPaid

Or how many people will sign up for NFL TV packages? I asked Intertops how the new bill would affect their customers in ths U.S., and this is the reply they sent:

We thank you for taking the time to send your query to us. Kindly note that
you can continue using your payment option to fund your account. In the
unlikely event that the payment processor ceases its operations, you will be
given adequate notice and other alternative methods will be made available
to you.

We are licensed and regulated by the Government of Antigua & Barbuda and as
such, we will continue our operations and we will honour any pay out
requests. Also note that the Government of Antigua and Barbuda won a recent
WTO ruling in which Antiguan companies are allowed to accept online wagers
from the USA.

Please feel free to contact us should you have further questions or queries.

Sincerely

Brian

Old Post 10-06-06 10:13 PM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

By The Way ...

That's not a plug for Intertops. I sent that to a few friends from this site, and suggested they check with their offshore books to see what, if any, plans they have regarding customers in the U.S.

Old Post 10-06-06 10:16 PM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Worst case ...

Though not as convenient as Internet, local bookies are very happy to take your FB/BB bets.

We still watch the ball games and money on them.

Old Post 10-06-06 11:20 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Date set for signing is Friday the 13th.......oh brother.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-06-06 11:24 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MTPaid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I don't think I can go back to locals. It's too primitive. I like the ease with which I can open up a few browsers, shop around, and be done with it. Too much of a hassle. It's like having cell phones banned and we all have to go back to beepers. I kight just give it up if it comes to that and stop watching football. I am that vindictive and spitefull.

"Muppets In Space"

Old Post 10-06-06 11:39 PM
MTPaid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTPaid Click here to Send MTPaid a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

MTpaid

I hear you. . .

but sometimes when the computer system was down, I need to go to electronic typewriter to keep the ball rolling.

Old Post 10-06-06 11:46 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dvp95
FoxDen Hall of Famer

So I have a question. Since this new bill seems to be affecting the funds going into your account, once its in there (such as now), is it ok to leave it there and still transfer out later?

Old Post 10-07-06 12:06 AM
dvp95 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dvp95 Click here to Send dvp95 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

they will give tha banks 9 month to make it work.

Can we do it in 9 months and then retire?

Old Post 10-07-06 12:19 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Who was the President banned alcohol, and we still have liquar stores?

Now we got one to ban Online gaming. Can we say this's not gonna to work like prostitution is illegal but not in NV chicken ranch?

Old Post 10-07-06 12:21 AM
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Knee Jerk Reaction From Non-Gambling Politicians

One idiot said, "Click your mouse, and lose your house". There are abuses in any type of potentially addictive pursuits, but most participants are pretty level. Thousands of people are killed by drunk drivers every year, but you can still buy liquor. They want to stop Internet gambling, while encouraging you to take your fifteen million to one shot at winning the lottery every two or three days. In my opinion, it's hypocrisy to the Nth degree. They'd rather you go to the bookie, and pretend nobody's gambling on games. If you don't have money in your offshore account, YOU CAN'T BET. And for those idiots that let their kids have their PIN's, that's not an online gambling problem--that's parental irresponsibility, IMO.

Old Post 10-07-06 01:04 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Tell you what. You still can mail or courier the International Money Order that you bought from local Post Office. They don't need you to sign anything like "The Money Is Not for Online Gambling".

As long as you can fund your account, you are in good shape.

Old Post 10-07-06 01:08 AM
daddydan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

we all need to vote to make bush go to iraq and fight his gas and oil war, that sob can't even write his own speeches, how did someone so braindead get in as president.

you all have a nice weekend, daddydan

Old Post 10-07-06 01:47 AM
daddydan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daddydan Click here to Send daddydan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MTPaid
FoxDen Hall of Famer

"how did someone so braindead get in as president"

He didn't. George Carlins says that he still refers to him as Governer Bush because that is the last thing that he was rightfully elected to.

Republican's have all sorts off cool slogans now that makes me want to kick them in the head.

"Click your mouse, lose your house"
"Internet gamling is the crack cocaine of the internet"
and the story they keep telling about the kid that robbed a bank after he lost a lot of money online.

So by banning gambling, no more banks will be robbed.

My neighbor had a dog once that bit someone. Are we going to ban dogs now?

How about that Foley guy who was chasing teenage boys? He was a Republican. We should now lead a charge to ban Republicans so there will be no more pedophiles in this country, but they'll come back and tell you that we should ban e-mail and text messaging instead which made this all possible. And if that isn't enough maybe we should ban teenage boys.

"Muppets In Space"

Old Post 10-07-06 02:00 AM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: