StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > ****Riggs Halftime System****
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
ramfan

****Riggs Halftime System****

Let there me no mistake.........This is NOT my system. It was a gentleman's I met while standing in line waiting to place a wager. He told me about it & I was so intrigued I followed up with him and we met for lunch and started threads on various message boards. Lots of fun but it takes a team effert!

For us to have fun with this we would need several of us to take on different tasks such as: someone watching for BREAKOUT halftime lines, someone to handle the releasing of the ANOUNCED PLAYS, someone to handle the VILLAGE IDIOTS. There will be lots of them b/c this brings alot of excitement and HEART ACHE! The system becomes alive and starts to breath on it's own, so we need mediators, Fast typers, Good comunicators and most of all, PATIENTS!!!!

How does the system work you ask? It's quite elementary. If you have a favorate that opens the line say at -4, we wait for the opening HALFTIME line to hit -5 for that SAME favorate. Now, that means the DOG is +5 for the second half correct? And that's what we are looking for! We ONLY bet the DOG if the line INCREASED for one(1) or more points. And that's how simple it is. Someone asked me earlier if the line was -17 at the opening and the line was +7 at the half, was that a PLAY? No. The second half line would need to be +18. are you getting this? I thought so.

Now let's talk numbers. I love numbers. I use the often in my work, and I keep track of them here doing this. If I'm going to be a part of this(and I would love to) There is just one stipulation and that's, NO NBA!!!! This ONLY works for COLLEGE BASKETBALL and PRO and COLLEGE FOOTBALL. But it works differently with the football so that will have to be at a later time. I am basicly a Statistition when it comes to sports. I live with a Calculantor in my hand like many others out there so when I say this WILL hit at a 71-75% clip, you should believe me. Line movement is everything in vegas and this is one of those "Hidden Gems" any one would love to know about.

One problem though...........as I mentioned before it takes on a life of it's own, so it will change the cosmetics of this forum. In other words MASS CONFUSION, GREED, IMPATIENTS, HYSTERIA. Do you think I'm kidding? Do we want to do that here? That's why I say we need special individuals handling certain tasks. If everyone does his or her job, then lots of people will make ALOT of money real fast. That's the only reason I never approached anyone about this b/c I personaly like STATFOX the way it is. If someone else thinks we can pull this ofF also, then let's talk about it. Otherwise we can do it on our own but no one will know what the hell anyone is talking about and it just won't be any fun. But you be the judge........**Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 08:31 AM
ramfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ramfan Edit post   Report post
benzeen

I am a numbers nut too

So count me in. If we can hammer details tonight with a couple of others we could try it out this weekend with NCAAB/NFL.

email me: tolueen@hotmail.com

I can supply IM & phone as necessary to expedite matters.

Also, you said we need PATIENTS, crap, I know I am a Dr. but I am not giving you any PATIENTS ;) (patience...) :)

Did I tell you guys, my grandfather was a bookie back home in England....numbers/bookwatching are genetic!!

Old Post 12-11-04 08:37 AM
benzeen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benzeen Edit post   Report post
ramfan

Oops.............

Started talking about numbers and went off in another direction. Sorry about that. Numbers? here they are:

LAST THREE (3) WEEKS

46 PLAYS TOTAL

33-13-2 71.74%

Documented upon request

**Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 08:39 AM
ramfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ramfan Edit post   Report post
JetsFan1680
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm down with this, I will help you guys out. I have patience, and I'm always checking the lines. Have you been testing this latley or you just decided to try it out now?

Old Post 12-11-04 08:44 AM
JetsFan1680 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JetsFan1680 Edit post   Report post
JetsFan1680
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Ignore my last statement, Didn't see your post about the numbers.

Old Post 12-11-04 08:45 AM
JetsFan1680 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JetsFan1680 Edit post   Report post
Ashpen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bashing Idiots sounds like something I can handle, Im in for whatever you need me for.
Email
Rainman382@yahoo.com

Old Post 12-11-04 08:47 AM
Ashpen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashpen Click here to Send Ashpen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ramfan

AHHHHHHH............

I meant STATISTICIAN and PATIENCE. Sorry about the spelling sometimes, some things never change. Ask anyone around here, when I first came on board years ago people PLEADED with me to learn to spell. Oh well, deal with it. **Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 08:49 AM
JetsFan1680
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Heres my email: sm51811@yahoo.com

My aim name is the same as the name I use on this forum. hit it ^

Old Post 12-11-04 08:50 AM
ron

Riggs, are all bets the same unit, or is there more value when the line is off 2, 3 etc? Thanks

Old Post 12-11-04 09:06 AM
ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ron Edit post   Report post
ramfan

Ron..............

The unit size is completly up to you. Please understand, this is a SYSTEM, were not dealing with injuries, shooting percentages etc. This is a RANDOM system. I went 0-2 last night but I started out hitting my first TWELVE (12) in late november, then lost a couple back to back and continued on a hot streak well into this month. Do you see how this works? You have to hang in there with the losses too. If you can't, PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT attempt to try this type of wagering. A bankroll is essential! **Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 09:19 AM
ron

Got it, thanks, so all the same units. I was thinking along the lines of added value when the halftime line increases more than one point. Was the winning percentage greater, therefore a larger wager would be called for since there could be more value in the number? But it appears that is not the case. All bets that qualify whether it be by a point or 3 points would be treated the same. Thanks

Old Post 12-11-04 09:33 AM
ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ron Edit post   Report post
z24skibum
StatFox Hall of Famer

ramfan

That's a pretty good system you've got going on!! I back-tested the month of November using Don Best's score summaries and it did VERY well!

While I was back-testing, I made an observation: The system that pops up usually (if not, all the time) happens when the fav is down at halftime. The second observation is that it happens when the lines are around pick 'em up to about -3 or -4. This means that you should watch out for games with low lines because if a fav with a line of -11 is down at half, you can be sure the oddsmakers won't give you the gift of +12 on the dogs in the second half.

This is VEDDY exciting!!!

Old Post 12-11-04 10:27 AM
z24skibum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24skibum Click here to Send z24skibum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ramfan

Skister............

Dude..........you will NEVVVER see second half lines like +11. Some times if you're lucky you'll see +7 to +9. Last night I got a +7 from Houston but got to the window to late. If you're ever in Vegas and see a Bright red Ferrari Racing down Forte Apache st around 7-9PM you'll know Riggs got a +7!!!! **Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 10:34 AM
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Riggs,

Very intrigued, but not in the right frame of mind to discuss...I will put in time to make this work though...I'll check back later today!!!

Old Post 12-11-04 11:03 AM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ramfan

Heavy-D..............

I like your style, and would love to see you in on this. I'll look for your post. **Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 11:08 AM
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Riggs,

Love your style too...Exterminate these be-yotches when you see fit...You don't need anyone's blessing here...We all know who the pretenders are here and need someone to put them in their place!!!

As for this thread, I need to re-read this in the a.m., when brain is functioning properly. I love the halftime action though and believe there is tons of $$$ waiting to be taken here, but agree that the window of opportunity (like many things in life) is short in this circumstance, and may require different books with different lines.

Some offshores don't move lines, but only move the juice...not an expert on Vegas, but I know they move lines when the action is one-side...Love that city...may try to make an appearance around Superbowl Time!!!

Old Post 12-11-04 11:23 AM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ramfan

JetsFan, benzeen, and Ashpen.........

You guy's were some of the first to post, so thanks for the visit. I hope we can get this off the ground with EVERYONE here at Statfox. Like I said in the post, It would most likly MONOPOLIZE the entire board though. So we need to kick this around (this thread) to get a reaction and a feel from most of the community here. Like I said before, I've done this at a couple of other sites and it could and WILL get a little fast paced and crazy from time to time. So If EVERYONE is ok with that then we can begin to pull our heads together. The best part of all is EVERYONE will catch on and jump in with little risk because of the way it's designed. That's when everyone starts helping others because EVERYONE starts making a TON of money. That's why we need about 2-3 mediators from about 4:PM to 10:PM PST. to answer ALL questions and make sure NO ONE is left out of the loop. During this time were posting plays giving score updates etc. But mainly again making sure ALL of our members UNDERSTAND how this works. So there WILL be ALOT of REPETITION. Can you handle that? What about your family live's? Can you do this EVERY night? Because when this ANIMAL starts to breath you can't just say "Can't do it tonight Riggs, gotta stop off at the nearest Forte knox and make a deposit." See ware I'm going? Huge commitment!!!!!!!!!

The reason I'm going threw all of this now, it IS a HUGE commitment and responcibility to our community members. So EVERYONE think about this and tell me what you think. Bare in mind, It will change the scope of things around here and some will feel out of place b/c of the fast paced atmosphere. Do we want that? Are we willing to change the way things are around here for HUGE profits? Won't we then be like every other Board that we make fun of. We will.........But we'll be RICHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, I wish I could do this again, It was the most fun I ever had outside of SMASHING wedding cake in my wife's face Dec. 2nd 1995.

**Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 11:47 AM
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Riggs,

Starting to clear up now...LOL

Just re-read...and read another thread also.

I think I am crystal clear on the lines you are talking about now...When I first read this thread, I though you meant if a halftime line moves one point, but after reading the other thread, I think I hear what you are saying...

I'd imagine the NCAA BK is what would take the most time commitment, being every day.

I would certainly be in for NFL on Sundays though...

Off to clear the head for good now...I'll check back in the a.m....or maybe p.m. by the time I stir...

Old Post 12-11-04 12:06 PM
ramfan

Heavy-D..........

I figured you'd come along, that's why I didn't race to your post. Glad everthings are clear now. Not sure I want to get into the NFL part of it for it's a little more complicated. The formula that is. Doing just fine with the CBB stuff right now. Take care man. **Riggs**

Old Post 12-11-04 12:31 PM
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

*** RIGGS ***

It would seem that your medication is being taken on a timely basis and with a clear-mind you are about to embark on a mission . In regards to your last inquiry on my last post to you , understand this clearly my man . I would in no way want to engage in a ****ing-match with anyone here , even the ones that clearly need readjustments ( others seem to handle that well enough ) when they suddenly appear and urge us all to bet the house !

I was adding to your marvelous humor in that reply and it seems that I didnt do a good job by your standards . Please forgive me if you felt any infractions or toes were stepped on as I am not a confrontational type . I attempted to engage in humor but mine is of a dry nature and I am here to gather as well as distribute info in our quest .

Now .......

I am interested in what you speak of here ( cash is my goal ) and would suplly some time and I am a stickler for details and done very well with numbers thru-out my life . I would throw my lot in with yours anytime in any effort to overcome the precentages we face daily , so fell free to count me in ( if you need or want me ? ) and know full well that I would ride it with you till the cows come home ( or we fail ? )

Going as we speak to set up a back-test on one of my free rigs ( no-pun intended ) and run some large scale outlooks on this . Totals have " always " been a very strong point in my arsenal and I to live with a calculator built in a place I will not devulge ( Humor in regards to where the good Lord Split Ya ! ) .

As far as today I found 10 games of great interest to me so far :

Wis. G.B.
W. Kentucky
Richmond
BYU
Pepperdine
Creighton
Oregon St
Wyoming
Iona
Niagara

All sides here because I havent ran my totals map on them yet , and good luck in whatever you choose to do my man !!!!

MMM

147 - 109 - 3 in all posted games ( Not * Ones ! )

Old Post 12-11-04 01:27 PM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: