StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 6-12-19 Very last Hockey thread and special message
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

6-12-19 Very last Hockey thread and special message

I have enjoyed my many years posting pucks here. It's such a rush to introduce people to it and also making some serious coin !!!

It's just very sad what has happened to the board, there used to be so much action, pages and pages of post every day. But things change. For those that don't know I post this very same thread every day at Covers. A great deal of puck talk over there. So if you need your pucks fix you can still get it. Would love to see all of you keep posting picks there and even here for that matter

Thanks MSU, Brutus, eels, One Tough Maze, Breadman, M1, geg1951, fulkgl, usc1990, puckslug, HoustonFan, Cubano and many others.

A special shoutout to Shadow9 and Curdawg, both very much missed

Well this is it, what we all have been waiting for. The most special time in sports, a game 7 Finals !!!

First of all, thanks to everyone that has posted in the thread this year and a very special thanks to all that have been posting in here all year !!!!

Now what you have been waiting for. What does history say about a game 7 ? You can imagine that the home team does very well in this situation ? Right ??

Well..........considering the B's are a huge -170 at home the odds makers are just yelling at you who to take. But don't forget that the odds makers are trying to make a line that will split the money and they know a home team in game 7 will just get pounded with money.

Considering just the Finals games the home team (Boston) is hitting at a huge 73.3% But note that this is just 15 games, but still you get a good idea here. If you take all rounds it goes down to 58.1%.

With the line at -170 the B's would have to hit at a 62.9% rate to break even, which more than takes care of the Finals win rate. If you go by all rounds the Blues would be the play. But here I would put all the stock in the Finals games only.

Take the B's and play the -1 or -1.5. I prefer the -1 and if you don't know how to calculate it, well here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TMmMVLg93PuS_S8BzcfKo4cjBjCG1wKs/view?usp=sharing

Now lets talk that total, it's been bumped up to 5.5 tonight. This game will be played very tightly. Only way that total goes over is a team is down 2 with 5 minutes left. Personally I would play the under, but I think taking the B's reduced juice is the safer play

ONE TOUGH MAZE 2-1 +2.73 (31-21 +16.10)
eels 1-0 +1.70 (3-1 +3.45)
Brutus5775 1-0 +1.00
Lippsman 1-00 +1.00

Did not make pick

Breadman 0-2 -2.20 (33-22 +12.32)
M-1 1-0 +1.20 (3-1 +2.28)

St.Louis at Boston 8:00 NBC

Thanks again everyone and take care !!!

And if you want a little fun, here is the very first post of mine here from 2005 !!!!

[url]forums.statfox.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34011&highlight=lippsman[\url]

Old Post 06-12-19 03:17 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lippsman
FoxDen Hall of Famer

http://forums.statfox.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34011&highlight=lippsman

Old Post 06-12-19 03:28 PM
lippsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lippsman Click here to Send lippsman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for everything Lippsman! Even putting up with my college picks! :-)

I can't access Covers from my work computer...hope you reconsider posting here next season.

Selling the hook...

STL/BOS under 5.0 +115

GL!

Old Post 06-12-19 09:47 PM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ONE TOUGH MAZE
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hail To The Champion

This one is for "BIG PAPPI"

Boston-1(-110)
Boston(PL)-1.5(+165)
Boston O/5.5 (+130)

Old Post 06-12-19 10:52 PM
ONE TOUGH MAZE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ONE TOUGH MAZE Click here to Send ONE TOUGH MAZE a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

DON'T DO IT !!!!

we'll miss ya Lippsman !!!

Will he return for 2019/20 ??????????

early line from GEGBETS.ORG .................

YES -120

NO even

:)

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 06-12-19 10:58 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

These are two of the best defensive teams in the NHL.

For the better part of a decade the Bruins have played a well-structured style anchored by their top line — Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand — and a sturdy defense.

The B’s allowed the second-fewest high-danger scoring chances and expected goals against per 60 minutes at 5-on-5 this season. They also finished second in shot attempts against per 60. Those numbers sparkle, but the Blues weren’t far behind, finishing third overall in HDCA/60 and xGA/60 and fourth in shot attempts allowed (per Natural Stat Trick).

The Bruins have generated more expected goals through the first six games, but the Blues have had more slightly off the puck and the high-danger chance battle is basically neck and neck.

Shot share: St. Louis 51.5%
Expected goals: Boston 54%
High-danger scoring chances: St. Louis 50.5%

It’s not surprising to see professional bettors laying off tonight’s moneyline. But that doesn’t mean sharps are avoiding the matchup altogether, wiseguys have been all over the Blues-Bruins Game 7 over/under, forcing oddsmakers in Las Vegas to make a significant adjustment to this total.

The total for Game 7 opened at 5 with the under available at +130 at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas. But it quickly climbed to 5.5 (with the under still at +130) on Monday morning when the over got hit at low limits.

This is the when professional bettors struck.

As of 4:45 a.m. ET, the total is still 5.5 with the vig at -145 for those interested in betting under, revealing that books are already heavy on the under and the next move is likely to 5 should oddsmakers decide to try and attract more money on the over before the puck drops tonight.

Old Post 06-12-19 11:04 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

PARLAY (2 TEAMS)
1 tw 2.3

TOTAL u5+110
Saint Louis / Boston

Boston Bruins -180

glta

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 06-12-19 11:09 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Missed most of the game due to date night ... Again Lippsman THANK YOU

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 06-13-19 04:30 AM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eels
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Funny Brutus...I missed most of the game hanging with my daughter. Oh what we do for love!

Old Post 06-13-19 05:20 PM
eels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eels Click here to Send eels a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for the shoutout Lippsman. I'll check you on covers

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 06-14-19 06:32 PM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: