StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Kentucky Derby Day
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Kentucky Derby Day

Anyone have any good horse bets for Saturday? I'll be watching at a bar/racebook and looking to keep myself entertained but I don't know jack about horses!

Someone posted a bunch of good picks in all the races last year...not sure who??

Old Post 04-30-15 09:55 PM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdaddy3213
FoxDen Hall of Famer

KY DERBY

Here are my top 7 horses for the Derby. This is the best crop of Derby horses in a long long time.

#18 American Pharoah - 2/1 - All the experts, clockers and analysts are raving this is the BEST horse they have ever seen! I did see his last work and I must say he looks amazing. This horse could be the next triple crown winner! I will be using on top but not a single for me.

#8 Dortmund - 5/2 -Stable mate to American Pharoah has done nothing wrong. Right there with American Pharoah and to me this is a coin flip between these top 2 horse. Both will probably be short prices and deservedly so.

#6 Mubtaahij - 20/1 - Trainer Michael De Kock has brought 7 horses to the states for graded stakes and has 1 winner and 6 seconds. This guy knows how to bring horses here and run. I hate the trip he had to make to get here, but I am definitely using in my exotics hopefully at a decent price.

#3 Materiality - 12/1 - Florida Derby winner has to overcome the Apollo curse (no horse has ever won the KY Derby that did not race as a 2 year old). Must use and consider on top.

#19 Upstart - 15/1 - (Live longshot) This NY bred had a small setback and everyone jumped off but he is as talented as any horse in this field and will be on all my exotics.

#2 Carpe Diem - 8/1 - Winner of the Blue Grass Stakes has looked impressive last 2 starts and will go off 3rd choice on the odds boards. I am not crazy about post position but cant leave him out.

#10 Firing Line - 12/1 - Won the Sunland Derby by 14 lengths and has just missed (by a head) twice against Dortmund. This horse is less than 1 length from being 5-5. Has hall of fame jockey Gary Stevens who has won this race 3 times. Great value play!

Good luck to all as this should be a great two days of racing!

BD

Old Post 05-01-15 02:50 PM
bigdaddy3213 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdaddy3213 Click here to Send bigdaddy3213 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdaddy3213
FoxDen Hall of Famer

#18 American Pharoah - 2/1 - Winner
#10 Firing Line - 2nd
#8 Dortmund - 3rd
#3 Materiality - 6th
#6 Mubtaahij - 8th
#2 Carpe Diem - 10th
#19 Upstart - last

Had 6 in top 10 including first 3 places.

Third year in a row the favorite has won the Derby. Had all the exotics just didn't pay a lot. We will see just how good American Pharoah is and if he can break the long streak and become a triple crown winner.

Old Post 05-03-15 03:04 PM
bigdaddy3213 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdaddy3213 Click here to Send bigdaddy3213 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: