StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > PGA Champ.
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
BIV2

PGA Champ.

Have Zach +1600 & Kuchar +1000 at least1 major .
& thought it was at least but its exact on MCilroy So I am hedging . playing Rory ..on top & adding Long shots Oostie & Fran Molinari,, both at
+7000. also Fowler +1500..
phil +2000
Speith +2500
Adam scott Top 10 . -105/
good luck all /.
Peace
Biv

Old Post 08-07-14 05:49 AM
BIV2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIV2 Click here to Send BIV2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Read that Valhalla is playing almost 400 yards longer than when the Ryder Cup was last played there. This means advantage to the long ball hitters and those with a high trajectory. Mickelson actually referenced this in an interview yesterday.

FWIW, I took the following:
Woodland
Holmes
Bradley
Bjorn

Also, because Rory and Sergio are so damn hot right now, I made a decent play on one of the Top 9 to win the PGA.

GL folks

Old Post 08-07-14 02:46 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wildcat76
FoxDen Hall of Famer

updated odds

McIlroy +110
Day +550
Fowler +550
Furyk +750
Mickelson +1200
Stenson +2500
Palmer +3500
Westwood +4000

Old Post 08-09-14 03:25 PM
wildcat76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat76 Click here to Send wildcat76 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hi Guys,

Heading into the weekend @ Valhalla, Rory continues to feast as he tears up yet another golf course.

In Norse mythology, Valhalla was the great hall where the souls of Vikings feasted and celebrated with the gods.

The souls of past golf legends are sure to be smiling as they watch the lad throw darts at the pins.

I'm going to jump on his wagon and key him in a couple of parlays.

RORY McILROY ........................... -175 OVER JASON DAY

KEYED WITH:

RICKIE FOWLER -120 .................. 1 UNIT ----------> 1.88
PHIL MICKELSON -115 ................ 1 UNIT ----------> 1.94

Good Luck!

Old Post 08-09-14 06:01 PM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sunday's final round shapes up as a shootout with 8 golfers within 4 strokes of the lead held by Rory.

Among those chasing Rory, who leads by 1 stroke, are some very familiar big names - Phil, Rickie, Day, Stenson, Oosthuizen.

Rory will be in the final twosome with Austrian Bernd Wiesberger and he is the prohibitive favorite @ -315 to win that matchup.

But I like Rory to hold on and take his 2nd Major in a row, plus his 3rd tournament win in a row.

For Golf fans, it should be an exciting afternoon on the links!

Yesterday's results:

RORY McILROY ....................... -175 OVER JASON DAY WON BY 2 STROKES

KEYED WITH:

RICKIE FOWLER -120 ................. 1 UNIT ----------> 1.88 WON BY 5 STROKES +1.88
PHIL MICKELSON -115 ................ 1 UNIT ----------> 1.94 PUSH ........... +0.57

1-0-1 .... +2.45

Today's plays:

RORY McILROY -120 ................... TO WIN THE 2014 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP

RICKIE FOWLER ........................ -120 OVER PHIL MICKELSON
JASON DAY ............................... -145 OVER LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN

Good Luck!

Old Post 08-10-14 06:00 PM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: