StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Golf - The masters
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
BIV2

Golf - The masters

Hi all.

Here is what I am playing.

I already have futures of:
Zach johnson - Yes will win one major this year
Matt kuchar- Yes will win one major this year
Rory Mcilroy- yes will win only one major this year.

playing to win;
Sergio +1500
Zach +2200
Lee westwood +2800
long shots:
F Molinari +7500
Freddy boom Boom +7500

NO hole in One.. at -115
Total Over 276.5 -115

Good luck all

Old Post 04-09-14 06:09 PM
BIV2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIV2 Click here to Send BIV2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

good to see you again & thanks for these
GL

Old Post 04-09-14 07:02 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIV2

adding

Hi MSU. Love this golf week.

Brent Snedeker +2800.

Peace

Old Post 04-09-14 08:48 PM
BIV2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIV2 Click here to Send BIV2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Long time guys. Hope everyone is well. I have taken some time away from gaming, but I do have a few selections this week and I see value in the following.

65-1 Fowler
70-1 Cabrera
95-1 Ryan Moore

Best of luck to everyone.

Old Post 04-09-14 09:35 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This is without a doubt one of my favorite bets for the Masters.

[7057] R FOWLER -110
(R FOWLER vrs H MATSUYAMA)

Should be fun boys! Shame Tiger is not in the tournament as there would be much better value on the other players betting against Mr Woods.

Good luck to all

Old Post 04-09-14 10:43 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

i keep seeing Justin Rose a lot, anyone have something ?

Old Post 04-10-14 12:40 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hello, friends.

It's time for the 78th edition of the MASTERS.

Last year, ADAM SCOTT captured the GREEN JACKET in sudden death and I was able to cash in @ 23-1.

For this years tournament, I'm going to go to the 1st tee with 2 familiar names with fairly decent odds.

25 - 1 .... BUBBA WATSON
34 - 1 .... ZACH JOHNSON

BIV2, I'm hoping that ZACH can make us both winners this week.

TEE IT HIGH & LET IT FLY!

Good Luck Everyone!

Old Post 04-10-14 04:00 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

B1, Sherlock, et all...good to see you.
Back in time to give some perspective and add 1 play. First off, MSU, I think Rose is getting love at his odds of 35-1 (depending on your store) because the man doesn't hole enough putts. He is a major champion though and maybe worth a value look at that number. Here is a quick recap w explanation of my "less chalky, value" plays:

65-1 Fowler - good number for a guy who has recently found his form after a retooling in the offseason w Butch Harmon.

70-1 Cabrera - recently rehabbed since late last year when he was unsure he could play much this season and feeling good about his swing with no pain. Good touch for the big fella who never gets respect from the odds men which is good for value player. Two time major winner including at this event. Not to mention he finished second last year losing in a playoff to eventual champ.

95-1 Ryan Moore - careful putter, high GIR and high ball flight iron player is a good recipe for success here. Not a shock...but a little shock if he wins

45-1 Harris English -add - first time participant in very good form with two wins in less than a calendar year. Even though he is here for first time as a pro, this poised young stud got many reps here in his day as a Georgia Bulldog.

Old Post 04-10-14 05:54 AM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIV2

masters chat

Go Zach... sherlock yea... Like it for a double..

I got the opportunity to get in a masters pool this year for the first time this year.. I Like this .. not sure exactly how its set up. or the complete rules ...... but you pic 1 golfer out of 8 different groups . seems they are set up with odds... so i did pic phil M but that meant i couldnt pick a lot of other names I wanted. or liked & they are not in the other groups. groups of 10.. I did pick fowler ... like him... in his group stricker only guy better favorite.
add up your 8 guys total & you can drop the last guys worst scores...for i gotta check the rules.lol.. 2 rounds?
lowest total wins..
Has anybody ever played in a masters pool? seems there is a decent number in.. at least 200... at 50. maybe can grow at other majors...

Old Post 04-10-14 06:07 AM
BIV2

Rose

Msudogs

Rose was in the group of ten I chose Phil.. Rose is a name of good potential here.. in 1 of this pool.

Old Post 04-10-14 06:18 AM
BIV2

group 1 of this pool.. I meant to say.. seems the groups are set up via odds & if you are in group 1 better potential to be a contender..

good luck..

Old Post 04-10-14 06:20 AM
msudogs

thanks so much for this, we need to keep a weekly thread going
GL

Old Post 04-10-14 01:38 PM
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Guys, I'm going to go with a couple of the golfers that you mentioned.
Bear, I like your Harris English write up and I'm going to give him some action.
BIV2, Justin Rose may have the advantage today over a somewhat hurting Phil Mickelson.
Here are a couple of plays for the first day's afternoon rounds.

1st ROUND
--------------
MARC LEISHMAN .................. +120 OVER HUNTER MAHAN
JUSTIN ROSE ........................ +105 OVER PHIL MICKELSON
HARRIS ENGLISH .................. +100 OVER LEE WESTWOOD

BIV2, Zach better right the ship real soon or he's going to be going down.

Old Post 04-10-14 07:01 PM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Half way home and Bubba Watson has a nice 3 stroke lead.
But it's only half way and they still have a lot of golf to play.
Right now there are 13 golfers in red figures and anyone can pop out of the pack to put on a charge.
Here are a couple of parlays for the this afternoon rounds.

PARLAY
----------
JIMMY WALKER ..................... -115 OVER JIM FURYK
THOMAS BJORN .................... -130 OVER JASON BLIXT

1 UNIT ----------> 2.31

PARLAY
----------
ADAM SCOTT .......................... -140 OVER JORDAN SPIETH
BUBBA WATSON ..................... -160 OVER JOHN SENDEN

1 UNIT ----------> 1.79

2014 MASTERS 1-1-1 +20

Old Post 04-12-14 07:00 PM
Illini45

love that Jimmy Walker play

good luck

Old Post 04-12-14 07:43 PM
Illini45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Illini45 Click here to Send Illini45 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Day
75, 73, 70

Scott
69, 72, 76

424 Jason Day (4th Rnd) +100* vs Adam Scott (4th Rnd)

also

sleeper

Masters 2014 - Jonas Blixt +980

GLTA

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

Old Post 04-13-14 04:25 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
gregcrtwrght

Final round predicts

Fred Couples/4th Round Score o73½ (-120)
Thomas Bjorn/4th Round Score u72½ (+110)
Jim Furyk/4th Round Score u72½ (-120)
Rickie Fowler/4th Round Score u71½ (-110)
Miguel Angel Jimenez/4th Round Score u73½ (-130)
Matt Kuchar/4th Round Score u71½ (-160)
Jonas Blixt/4th Round Score u73½ (-160)
Bubba Watson/4th Round Score u71½ (-120)

Old Post 04-13-14 06:49 PM
gregcrtwrght is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gregcrtwrght Click here to Send gregcrtwrght a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

There are 15 golfers within 5 strokes of the lead.
Today's final round is going to be a SHOOTOUT!
I'm just going to sit and watch my guy, Bubba, and see if he can pull this one out.
Whoever wins today will have earned it!

Good Luck with your plays today!

Old Post 04-13-14 07:15 PM
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I'm going to pitch in a parlay just for grins on THE GOLF BOYS!

PARLAY
----------
RICKIE FOWLER ..................... +120 OVER MATT KUCHAR
BUBBA WATSON .................... -120 OVER JORDAN SPIETH

1 UNIT ----------> 3.03

Old Post 04-13-14 07:40 PM
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nicely done Sherlock! Wish I saw your parlay posted earlier. I was all in on Ricky Fowler...back to the bases, lol

Old Post 04-14-14 05:19 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: