StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NFL Week 8
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NFL Week 8

I bought a couple of wagers last night and thought I would post early, in anticipation of line moves. I've had this SF - NO - DEN teaser circled a month ago. With Bradford out for Saint Louis, Seattle seems like a no brainier as well.

The weather in London shouldn't be an issue, Saints are home after a bye vs. the bills off a RD SU win and Denver's run defense should hold the Redskins running game in check.

Three Team Ten Pointer

San Francisco -5.5********
New Orleans - 2.5
Denver -3.5

In the last two years New England has lost two in a row just once and they lost by a combined three points in those two contests.

Cleveland has won just twice on the road the past two seasons. Last year at Oakland and this year at Minnesota. The chiefs are off a lucky win, but I don't see the Browns pulling an upset here.

Six Pointer

New England -1/2*****
Kansas City -1

Posted to Date

Sides 13 - 12 +4
Totals 10 - 6 +8
Parlay & Teaser 7 - 5 +5

Old Post 10-21-13 11:03 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

No value with the spread tonight, but I like the under (20) in the first half.

Carolina averages 11.3 points in the first half and Tampa has averaged 10.2. Line is hedged a 1.5 points and that makes sense.

What's interesting is even though both Carolina and Tampa rank in the bottom third of the NFL (18th and 23rd) in first half scoring, they both rank 8th and 10th in time of possession percentage.

Carolina on the road this season has held Buffalo to 3 first half points (24-23 loss), Arizona to 3 points (22-6 loss) and Minnesota to 3 points (35-10 win). Don't need a calculator to figure that average out.

Tampa at home...Held New Orleans to 10 (16-14 loss), shutout Arizona (13-10 loss) and gave up 14 to Philly (31-20 loss) Foles was the QB in that contest.

I don't like the total for the game, since both teams are inconsistent in the second half and the Tampa rookie QB & RB could turn into a turnover machine.

This is the Buccaneers big prime time game this year, so I think their defense will be pumped and will start out strong. Carolina is going to force the run against Tampa decent run defense playing it safe and waiting for the rookie QB to make mistakes.

Under 20 first half***

Old Post 10-24-13 03:24 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Added...

Jacksonville Under 41***

Not much rain expected, but wind gusts of 30 - 40 miles an hour though out the game are predicted. Was going to wait for line movement, but European meteorologists are very accurate. In addition, Europe is in the middle of a weather pattern that has made the weather even more predictable. Anyway, the roof will be partially closed, but with the design of the stadium the wind will be a factor. I doubt they will shut the roof since only a passing shower is expected and they have exposed the field to poor weather in the past. Now if they shut the roof I'll buy it back.

Old Post 10-26-13 04:45 AM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Added...

Ten Point Teaser

New Orleans -1.5***
Denver Under 69
Seattle -1

Old Post 10-26-13 09:51 PM
HoustonFan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Tailing you on the three team ten pointer

"Just Got Paid" -- ZZ Top
2008,2009 NCAA HOF Battle of the Brackets Champion

Old Post 10-27-13 01:20 AM
HoustonFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HoustonFan Click here to Send HoustonFan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Added....

Detroit -3***

Pittsburgh +1**

Oakland Under 40.5*
Arizona Under 46*

Peace and good Luck today

Old Post 10-27-13 06:19 PM
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Like the looks of these. BOL today.

Old Post 10-27-13 06:34 PM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hedge Wager

Washington +11.5***

Old Post 10-27-13 10:13 PM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Added Action Play

Six Point Teaser

Green Bay -1.5*
Seattle -5

Old Post 10-28-13 01:59 AM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This Seattle line is blowing up.
What's interesting is after Bradford got injured the books only adjusted the line a point - point and a half from the pre Sunday line. Also, I don't understand why the total is climbing, doesn't make sense. Seattle's defense is banged up, but the total has moved on average 1.5-2 points today. One trend is both Seattle and St. Louis start slow. I think they both start off running the ball and and I found three first quarter trends that total 11 - 3 this season that point to an under. For all intensive purposes this is a contest to lay off, but I'm going to play the total for action and try to middle my teaser.

Saint Louis +14*

First quarter Under 7.5*
First Half Under 23*

Six Point Teaser (Pending)

Green Bay -1.5*
Seattle -5

Posted to Date

Sides 13 - 14 <1>
Totals 12 - 7 +7
Parlay & Teaser 10 - 5 +21
Hedge 0 - 1 <3>

Old Post 10-29-13 01:45 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: