StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Monday night Pitt at Cincy sharp trap or over thinking it?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Monday night Pitt at Cincy sharp trap or over thinking it?

Interesting game tonight. At open it made sense that sentiment on Pitt would be down losing to Tenn. But then after Tenn takes Houston to overtime at home I expected the line to move in Pitt's favor. Given Cincy loses to Chicago not exactly an impressive showing I don't see why wagerline.com has 60% of people laying the 6 points on Cincy.

What do those people see that I don't? I understand most are public squares but really?? Who is believing in Cincy -6 over a Pitt team thats beat them 5/6 times including the last 3 in Cincy. I can't even believe the public square is supporting that?

I know losing Pouncy is a big blow to Pitt and they are banged up in other spots too but seems Pitt is TOO easy of a bet here - is this a sharp trap?

Old Post 09-17-13 01:29 AM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brianp
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Don't know if it is a trap and taking Pitt does look good but take it one step further and lets assume these teams are evenly matched which they are. Lets give Cincy a 3 point home advantage and make them a 3 point fav and I think everyone takes them and this game gets bet very one sided. Remember vegas want split action on a game so the line has to move up to get Steeler money. I look at this game and see Cincy up by 7-10 late in the game and it just depends if Pitt scores late to cover or not. Ill pass on this game.

Old Post 09-17-13 02:03 AM
brianp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brianp Click here to Send brianp a Private Message Edit post   Report post
undersNdogs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

agree

i think its a pass

Old Post 09-17-13 02:10 AM
undersNdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for undersNdogs Click here to Send undersNdogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
luckydog132
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I liked under 41.5 but passed also..

Old Post 09-17-13 04:55 AM
luckydog132 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for luckydog132 Click here to Send luckydog132 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: