StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Saturday CBB
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Saturday CBB

Historically you will encounter a higher percentage of scores under the total on the first Saturday of the tourney. I don't normally cap total plays (I tail Mike if I want action) with that said, I wanted to share some totals that fit my criteria for the circumstance.

This contest fits all five of the criteria I look at. I also believe Gonzaga will slow the pace after the scare on Thursday. Add the Wheatshockers ability to handle the boards and I like the play even more.

Wichita St. / Gonzaga under 130**

Stanford will want to push the pace and Bama will want to slow it down. Bama's back court should set the pace. Early tip off doesn't hurt.

Stanford / Alabama under 130**

Harvard will be flat coming out of the gate coupled with Arizona's front court preventing too many multiple shot possessions.

Harvard(14) vs Arizona under 133**

Syracuse is a play as well, but I'm going to wait since the 125 opening total is hedged a tad.

Old Post 03-23-13 12:46 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

FWIW a few early ones...

Alabama -3.5*

Michigan -3***

Evansville -4.5****

Old Post 03-23-13 05:52 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

agree on all but one total, let's have a good one
GL

Old Post 03-23-13 06:08 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Mich -3 Winner

TTD 9 - 5 ats + 13 units

Added

Memphis +6*

Old Post 03-23-13 08:29 PM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Alabama under 130** Winner

Alabama - 3.5* Winner

TTD 10 - 5 ats + 14 units Totals 1 - 0 + 2 units

Old Post 03-23-13 09:28 PM
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Evansville -4.5**** Winner

TTD

ATS 11 - 5 + 18 units

Totals 1 - 0 + 2 units

Adding...

East Carolina vs. Rider

Don't believe the lines makers put much into this line since the spread is spot on. I was looking at Rider when the line came out and was hoping the line would move more than it has, but this contest has drawn little action. The average wager percentage at the Vegas books I track shows over 65% of the wagers are on the chalk, yet the line hasn't moved more that a half point. What is moving is the Rider money line. General trends are pointing to East Carolina to cover, but I pulled the trigger on Rider based on the movement with the money line during the past hour.

Rider +4.5**

Old Post 03-23-13 10:43 PM
msudogs

the Rider/ECU game is the heaviest of the other games today,i was looking at ECU in the 1st, but will watch, just let me get the total
GL

Old Post 03-23-13 10:58 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Memphis +6* Loss

ATS 11 - 6 + 17 units

Totals 1 - 0 + 2 units

Added...

Colorado State +11**
Harvard +10.5***
Saint Louis -4**
Gonzaga -6***

Good Luck

Old Post 03-23-13 11:10 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: