StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > A10 Sat 1/12
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

A10 Sat 1/12

Finally get some time off. Triple digit hours for the last 8 days. 42 straight at one point. Missed the openers on Wednesday. Going away for the day today. Anyway.....I'll try to throw a couple out there....

One thing I've learned in this conference, is to stay away from road favs. You won't hit too many. With that said, I really like VCU today.

The Bonnies are a guard oriented offense that depends on the 3. Even with all their guard play, they do not handle pressure very well. Of course, you all know that VCU brings it all day. I don't think the Bonnies will get very many open shots. Gonna lay the big number on the road. bth

VCU -7

StL goes on the road for the first time since Nov 28, 9 straight home games, winning them all. They've been playing pretty good, but their opponents haven't been all that strong. A big win against New Mexico was their best. Temple has struggled their last couple games against Kansas and Xavier. Didn't think they'd lose to Xavier. I'd have lost that bet (road fav!). Something tells me the Owls bring it today. These 2 can both bring it on the defensive end as well. Playing the under.

Temple -4
Temple/StL UNDER 125'

Butler@Dayton seems like a play on Butler. Dayton is long, but I don't think they have anyone who can guard Clark. Passing though.

GW@X seems like a play on X. A low total of 119'. These 2 have trouble scoring a times, but that seems a tad low.

Richmond@LaSalle -8??? Pass

St Joe@Duq Should be a rout. Big game on deck with VCU for St Joe's on Wed. Pass

Charlotte@URI URI has been playing a bunch of close ones this year. This should be one also. No doubt in my mind that Charlotte is the better team, but I'm passing.

One thing I noticed from my notes of last year's conference play....On Saturday, most of the totals went over. Conversely the weekday games went under. These hit at almost a 75% clip. I don't know if it was just because of matchups, or maybe the guys just left loose on the weekend. Just something I'm gonna keep an eye on, once I start getting more totals from the linesmakers.

Another thing....if anyone can get lines on the Patriot League, I'd highly suggest hammering Lehigh and Bucknell. Don't know why their games haven't been lined. But these 2 are smokin' it this year!

VCU -7
Temple -4
Temple/StL UNDER 125'

Other
ND St -12

GL Den

A10
19-21 -5.40*

Conf
0-0

Leans
13-5

CBB
6-3 +2.60*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-12-13 04:46 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

IM

let's get'em today & we have some well plays going
GL

Old Post 01-12-13 04:57 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Toby13
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Irish welcome back & bol today buddy.

6 Rings

Old Post 01-12-13 04:58 PM
Toby13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toby13 Click here to Send Toby13 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Love the Temple plays and I like Richmond +.

Good to see you to and......

BOL

Old Post 01-12-13 05:44 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
IrishMule
FoxDen Hall of Famer

VCU -7 ..... push
Temple -4 .... win
Temple/StL UNDER 125' ..... win

Other
ND St -12 ..... loss

GL Den

A10 Conf
2-0 +2.00*

Pre-season
19-21 -5.40*

Leans
13-5

CBB
6-4 +1.50*

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Mark Twain

''Life's tough ........it's even tougher if you're stupid...''
-- John Wayne

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

'Life isn't about
how to survive the storm.....But how to dance in the
rain.'
TheMule

Old Post 01-13-13 01:51 PM
IrishMule is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IrishMule Click here to Send IrishMule a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: