StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NBA Score predictions and question
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

NBA Score predictions and question

Do these seem terribly ridiculous? They have Cle/Phil/Char/PHX/MIL winning SU as dogs. Especially the PHIL/CHAR/PHX games.

Philly winning by 10 as a +4?
Charlotte winning by 8 as a +4?
PHX winning by 2 as a +9?

Those 3 would mean the spread is off by 10+ pts in those games. I know nothing about the nba but this has peaked my interest. I do know UTAH is 7-13 on the rd ats and are rd favs tonight so I kinda like that one. What abou PHX and PHILLY? Are they any good?

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9 SCORE
(7:05) CLEVELAND CAVS 102 - Atlanta Hawks 97
(7:05) Philadelphia 76ers 103 - TORONTO RAPTORS 93
(7:05) CHARLOTTE BOBCATS 98 - Utah Jazz 90
(7:35) Phoenix Suns 99 - BOSTON CELTICS 97

(8:05) SAN ANTONIO 108 - LA Lakers 103 (ESPN)
(8:05) OKLAHOMA CITY 110 - Minnesota T'Wolves 107
(8:05) NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 95 - Houston 93
(8:05) Milwaukee Bucks 96 - CHICAGO BULLS 93
(9:05) DENVER NUGGETS 109 - Orlando Magic 90

(10:35) Memphis Grizzlies 103 - GOLDEN STATE 102
(10:35) LA CLIPPERS 110 - Dallas Mavericks 97 (ESPN)

Old Post 01-09-13 08:27 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bostonshamrock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

just my 2 cents on phoenix- anything is possible but i dont see them winning su here- gm 2 of a 4gm road trip- 2-15 on the road with 2 w's against clev and charlotte- rondo rested after susp- bradley back in lineup which improves the celtics d a great deal- suns best player dragic usually stinks against the c's
my $ would be on c's but im also a homer

some stats from an article-

Even worse news for the Suns is Boston’s affinity for the mid-range jumper — the team hits 44.8 percent of those to lead the NBA, according to HoopData.com. As CelticsHub.com’s Michael Pina pointed out this week, Doc Rivers’ team could use more three-point shooting. But lucky for them, Phoenix not only allows the highest effective three-point field goal percentage but also the highest overall percentage (42.3 percent) for shots 16-23 feet out, according to HoopData.com.
That may be why Garnett, one of the best mid-range shooters in the league, is averaging 24.6 points and 11.8 rebounds against Phoenix in his last 17 meetings with the Suns.

Old Post 01-09-13 10:00 PM
bostonshamrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bostonshamrock Click here to Send bostonshamrock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

thanks,

I decided to just leave the nba alone, I just do not do well in it. I did have a totals system that was really good on here some years back. Maybe I will try to find it. Besides that, I really just hate the nba all around.

Old Post 01-09-13 10:31 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: