StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > We Win
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

We Win

Thank Goodness That is Over With--WHEW.. We should be #4 at seasons end...12-1.. I will take it every year !!

We lose a large group of Seniors on both sides of the ball.. We have a top 2 or 3 rated QB coming in, and some receivers. Maybe 11-2 or 10-3

We got Miami of Fla, Colorado, Michigan State, @ Nebraska first 6 games..should be 4-0 playing MSU..

Great Season.. Congrats to the Buckeye Nation and most of all !!!

GO BUCKS !!!!

My Goal is to Make Money Not Gamble !!

Old Post 01-05-11 06:36 AM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
OLEO

you got lucky tonight and buckeyes will not go 11-2 losing all those players

shut up fool!

Old Post 01-05-11 06:41 AM
OLEO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLEO Click here to Send OLEO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Omegasox

What a joke

Arkansas couldn't catch a pass or make a tackle. Looked like a D-II school.

Old Post 01-05-11 06:42 AM
Omegasox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Omegasox Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Had Arkansas +3 but....

Congrats on the win!
Not sure why people are comparing Arkansas to a D2 school or saying you guys got lucky.
Your defense dominated the game as it has done much of the year. Your secondary was depleted with injuries and you obviously lost one of your best defenders against the pass in the 1st quarter.
Arkansas made alot of errors (most noteably not RUNNING that blocked punt in the endzone for the go ahead TD) but your team deserved the win.
Turned out to be a great game.

Your only loss was to a top 5 team.
12-1 is fantastic. Please forgive the haters.

Old Post 01-05-11 07:38 AM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bawlmer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Not hating

Just a sad day for college football. We all know the NCAA cares only about money but to let these guys play last night was a joke. The suspensions should have started last night and then for the first 4 games of next year.

If anyone can explain the reasoning behind that I would love to listen and would certainly be willing to change my perspective if a ood argument can be made. However as of right now I believe college football has lost a certain degree of credibility and this could be setting a dangerous precedent moving forward as more teams break the rules. A sad and dark day for college football imo and unfortunately there will be more to come in the future.

Old Post 01-05-11 02:50 PM
bawlmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bawlmer Click here to Send bawlmer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cmrussell08

Oh State wins......cant take that away.

...but my goodness how many times did Arkansas have chances to win this game?

Started out first play pass drop which could've been a TD
Receivers dropped so many passes in 1st half
Hogs allowed a fumble from OH ST turn into an OH ST TD
Should've scooped and scored when blocking kick at end.....

wow.....luck was on OH ST side.....They are good....but Arkansas blew so many chances....

Congrats Brutus....

Old Post 01-05-11 03:05 PM
cmrussell08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cmrussell08 Click here to Send cmrussell08 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
threegs

Dark day for NCAA...perhaps. But what should be the discussion isn't whether or not the OSU players should have been playing last night, but why this infraction is a penalty at all. Whether or not you think the players were selling the items to give to poor, dear, old mama...the items were their personal property.

I have a problem with schools paying players, but that's mostly on the grounds that state schools receive taxpayer money and I would rather that money went to other places. But agents paying players, players selling their own memoribilia, boosters paying players, free tattoos, players getting compensated for video games? Someone will have to tell me how that is different than the bowl games giving each player an Xbox or a Best Buy gift certificate or where that hurts the game on the field.

I would have loved for the OSU players to stand up and say I broke a rule but it was a bad rule.

NCAA has been making billions off of the student and please do not bring up the free education...I will buy that argument when I hear of a coach telling a player to miss a practice to go to class.

Old Post 01-05-11 04:18 PM
threegs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for threegs Click here to Send threegs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
markinc7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

ENOUGH

Bottom line: Better coach. Better players. Better defense. Offense, special teams about even = Ohio State Win. Congrats

Better coaching and better players might not have made all those mistakes which led to defeat.

Lets give credit to State's defense.

"Dark day for NCAA...perhaps. But what should be the discussion isn't whether or not the OSU players should have been playing last night, but why this infraction is a penalty at all. Whether or not you think the players were selling the items to give to poor, dear, old mama...the items were their personal property."

Agreed

Old Post 01-05-11 10:33 PM
markinc7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markinc7 Click here to Send markinc7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: