StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > jeffdane mlb 06.23.09 16* Bookie Buster Inside
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

jeffdane mlb 06.23.09 16* Bookie Buster Inside

mlb 2009: +126.83 units
top play: 49-26

this is quite possible a can't miss play. this is my opinion of course. i would play this game under many different situations.

1. tampa bay at home
2. tampa bay at home -160 or higher under maddon.
3. phillies 23-9 on road. this must come closer to .500 before seasons over.
4. jamie moyer is 60 years old.
5. david price is AWESOME.
6. ibanez is on the dl and howard is doubtful.
7. phillies have lost 6 straight and their team is falling apart. players injured and the bullpen is SCARED.
8. Its a BOOKIE BUSTER.

1 unit chase tampa at home. 3 units tb -160 under maddon at home. 4 units for fading philly on the road chase. 8 units for the bookie buster.

16* Tampa Bay DEVIL Rays -165 ML **BOOKIE BUSTER**
3* Florida -103 ML
3* LAA
3* Arizona -130 ML
1* Kansas City -2.5 +195.
1* Toronto -1.5 +140

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

Old Post 06-23-09 08:20 AM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
noelcran
FoxDen Hall of Famer

500 big ones on tampa time to get back on top jeff lets go the phillies owe me from their last series they suck bigtime

aussie and proud

Old Post 06-23-09 11:19 AM
noelcran is offline Click Here to See the Profile for noelcran Click here to Send noelcran a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NBL with Tampa Bay today !!!

Old Post 06-23-09 04:45 PM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
merino
Banned User

i need to know why phillie's 23-9 must come back to 500 on the road......what does that mean.........must come...is that a stat i dont know of......why cant a team have a good record on the road and a bad record at home as philly is proving.......is that not just your opinion.....when someone likes a side for stat reasons,o i can understand..........but that this team needs to win ..or this team cant continue........will bury people...i am not saying maybe you dont have the right side in tampa...but to make a statement like a team must.....is just plain not very convincing........now why tampa can lose the worst fav this year at home over 160...look at the whip of this kid.... walks a lot of people last outing he got hammmered........your going againts the best team on the road,,,,,,,moyer can still keep anyteam of balance.....tuesdays philly 7-3,,,,,on the road no losses.....merino

Old Post 06-23-09 06:02 PM
merino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for merino Edit post   Report post
dg84

actually, i think there is some validity to what jeff is saying. it may not happen this game but probability says the phillies will come back to earth on the road. comparing the phillies current road record to the top half dozen road records over the past 3 years shows that the phillies are way over the curve. only 2 teams in the past 3 years would have finished over .500 the rest of the way on the road if they had philly's current road record. in other words, only 2 teams have finished more than 14 games over .500 on the road. the other top road teams all finished 13 games over .500 or worse. unless you believe this year's phillies are an exceptional team it seems like they will start to falter on the road.

Old Post 06-23-09 06:45 PM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jayhawk7
FoxDen Hall of Famer

JD

Being up 120 units tells me you have great skills, but Philadelphia can be dangerous. Last I heard Howard is probable for tonight's game.
I like TB too, but just for a normal size wager.

GL with your bet, hope its a winner for us both.

Old Post 06-23-09 06:55 PM
jayhawk7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayhawk7 Click here to Send jayhawk7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
merino
Banned User

dg 84...until provin otherwise,,,i dont know philly will come back down to earth just like the a's won 22 in row col a few yrs ago 23 out of 24...this yr 18 of 19.....has soon has we believe action has to happen we get hammerd oh the rouleete wheel cant go black again it has been black 8 times in a row and ba 9 times in a row,,,,,,that has made people go broke......never ever assume,,,,when we do in gambling it will bite you in the ass,,,,,,,

Old Post 06-23-09 07:14 PM
merino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for merino Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

Merino: This thread is my opinion of what I like tonight.

Some others will play these games because they agree with my opinion. They may not play as high as I do but I like showing off. You coming into my thread and downgrading my play and saying my opinion is wrong and needs to be proven is bunk.

maybe if you did your homework then you wouldnt have to blindly doubt others. also, if you did your homework then you would know that santana is not pitching for the angels.

also, i stated philly needs to come CLOSER to .500, so as long as they finish the season under .718 on the road I am correct.

you want some stats:

the phillies are 23-9 on the road for a .718 win percentage.

Over the past 4 seasons(2008-2005), there were 31 teams that finished their season over .500 on the road.

7 of these teams were at .506 on the road(not exactly .718).

This leaves 24 teams, over the past 4 seasons, who finished .512 or higher on the road. Zero of these 24 teams had a losing reecord at home during the same season(combined winning percentage of .590).

Only 7 of these 24 teams had a better road record than home record.

Tampa Bay under Joe Maddon 46-8 at home between -150 and -200.

Price is a young gun and we all know that. He will settle down and the way the PHILLIES are striking out lately(83 k's last 9) this could be a big day for the kid. HIs control was good his last outing. A little too good. 99 pitches and 71 for strikes. No walks but he gave up 2 hrs to the rockies. He will figure it out. No need to comment on Moyer.

Old Post 06-23-09 08:12 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

update on LAA line

3* LAA +110 ML

Old Post 06-23-09 08:15 PM
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GL with your play tonight. These Phillies seem to be ones if those teams that you just can't figure out. +120 units for the season, keep doing what's working for you!

Old Post 06-23-09 08:19 PM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post

Good for you Jeffdane

Your right for explaining to merino that this thread is yours and-although we don't mind competing commentary- the selections posted are just that-- our own selections and opinions. Although I mainly just read the posts I am compelled to respond on occasion, and this is one of those times. So again I must say good for you jeffdane, by the way your record speaks for itself keep up the good work and continued success.

Old Post 06-23-09 08:26 PM
92704 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 92704 Edit post   Report post
Prime Time
FoxDen Hall of Famer

GL tonight Jeff!

PT

Up front there ought to be a man in black.

Old Post 06-23-09 08:30 PM
Prime Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time Click here to Send Prime Time a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sawyer
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Phillies road record is too good to be true. This 23-9 thing should change somehow, Thanks to Law Of Averages!

GL Tonight Jeff! Let's Go D-Rays!

Old Post 06-23-09 09:07 PM
Sawyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Click here to Send Sawyer a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Paintedface
Banned User

I'm with you Mr. D!

Also, I don't like Moyer in a AL park against a good hitting team.

~"Looking For Lulz in All the Wrong Places"~ Adolf Hitler

Old Post 06-23-09 09:26 PM
Paintedface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paintedface Click here to Send Paintedface a Private Message Edit post   Report post
diamondjim
StatFox Hall of Famer

like it myself

rl and ml percentages are nice and even and yet there still was a .20+ jump.

Play Against - All underdogs with a money line of +150 or more (PHILADELPHIA) - with a starting pitcher whose gives up 7 or more hits/start, playing on Tuesday.
(57-10 over the last 5 seasons.) (85.1%, +38.8 units. Rating = 4*)

The average money line posted in these games was: Team favored with a money line of: -182
The average score in these games was: Team 6.5, Opponent 3.2 (Average run differential = +3.3)

The situation's record this season is: (2-0, +2 units).
Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (24-5, +14.9 units).

3.3 run differential has me sold.

GL DJ

@1diamondjim (twitter)

Old Post 06-23-09 10:21 PM
diamondjim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for diamondjim Click here to Send diamondjim a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

Jeff

On Tampa also and Price is my favorite pitcher...

vic

Always bet AP's number 11 who will be trying hard to get into Top 10...

Old Post 06-24-09 12:21 AM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
BigR
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good luck

JD. Thanks for sharing. On TB also. R

Old Post 06-24-09 12:56 AM
BigR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigR Click here to Send BigR a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Going big on the Rays tonight! I had the chance to see Price a few times last year (AA Montgomery). Definitely a star in the making.

Old Post 06-24-09 01:00 AM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

wow, definately not the start we wanted, behind the 8 ball already.

Old Post 06-24-09 01:21 AM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

fffffffffffffffffck. 6-0 end of 1st. Need some major offense boys!!!

Old Post 06-24-09 01:25 AM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: