StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Dante Stallworth- 30 days for manslaughter
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dante Stallworth- 30 days for manslaughter

And your punishment for driving drunk, for killing a man, for a making a wife a widow and a teenage daughter fatherless?

Thirty days.

He bought that family off. They agreed to the sentence.

If that were me or you we would be looking at 10-20 years.

Pays to be rich.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:15 AM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

24 days (1 day time served for the day of the arrest and some dumb ass FL law where you get 5 days of credit for every 30 days served)

Old Post 06-18-09 06:27 AM
cisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cisco Click here to Send cisco a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dvp95
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I was thinking the same thing. Pays to be an athlete.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:38 AM
dvp95 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dvp95 Click here to Send dvp95 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Things don't add up.......

"After a night drinking at a bar in Miami Beach’s Fountainebleau hotel, police said Stallworth hit Reyes, a construction crane operator who was rushing to catch a bus after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m. Stallworth told police he flashed his lights in an attempt to warn Reyes, who was not in a crosswalk when he was struck."

-----------

He said he flashed his lights to warn the guy. At 7:15 am, isn't it light outside? And, if you think someone is going to run in front of your car, wouldn't you slam on your brakes instead of flashing your lights?

To his credit, he stayed at the scene, called 911, and took the breath test. BUT, that doesn't excuse the fact he blew way over the limit, was speeding, and killed someone while driving drunk. So what is a life worth today? Guess we'd have to ask the family....they settled pretty quick. Sickening if you ask me.

You're right Cisco......you and I would be in the clink for a long time.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:51 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Gotta love the justice system in the good old U S of A. Makes you wonder?????? Humans life 30 days dogs life ruined for life.

Old Post 06-18-09 07:12 AM
shadrach714 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadrach714 Click here to Send shadrach714 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sirwigglesworth
FoxDen Hall of Famer

wow

everything about this makes me sick.

Old Post 06-18-09 07:56 AM
sirwigglesworth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sirwigglesworth Click here to Send sirwigglesworth a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bhsu9999

this is much worse than what Michael Vick did IMO. And Donte gets only 30 days in jail???

Old Post 06-18-09 08:01 AM
bhsu9999 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bhsu9999 Edit post   Report post
tmc771
FoxDen Hall of Famer

3 words

Vick got screwed!!!!!

Old Post 06-18-09 08:27 AM
tmc771 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmc771 Click here to Send tmc771 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

i have a buddy that got 2 dui's in 3 years & got 18 months in the state pen because he was going 25 mph over the speed limit & blew more than twice the legal limit on his 2nd one. not excusing what he did because he could have killed himself or someone else & he definitely had a drinking problem. point is he didn't kill or hurt anyone but he had a public defender & stallworth has the money to basically buy his freedom.

sad state of affairs when someone can kill a person & get less time than some people get for not paying a fine or stealing a car stereo. dosen't say much for the family of the guy that got killed that they signed off on this. i'm sure donte is free so he can continue getting paid to play ball & pay this guy's family restitution. i don't think he'll be playing this season though if the commish has anything to do with it. i don't see why he shouldn't get at least a few years & also have to pay restitution unless the family is just a bunch of greedy bastards.

Old Post 06-18-09 09:25 AM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bee
Restricted User

You people comparing it to Vick are ignorant and need to quit comparing apples to oranges. Two totally different cases.

Old Post 06-18-09 11:08 AM
Bee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bee Click here to Send Bee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BossBaller

What if?

What if the roles were reversed and the the victim was drunk and ran over Donte Stallworth that morning? Im tellin you that guy would have gotten five to ten years of hard labor. It definitely pays to be a celeb and to have money. I would love to see Stallworth get bootypimped in jail but Im sure he will have his own cell with amenities .

30 days ,you kiddin me?

Old Post 06-18-09 02:02 PM
BossBaller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BossBaller Click here to Send BossBaller a Private Message Edit post   Report post
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BEE

Of course they are different cases (DUH) doesnt matter what Vick did the fact remains the dogs lifes are more valuable than the humans according to the justice system and if you dont or cant see that you are ignorant.

Old Post 06-18-09 04:56 PM
shadrach714 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadrach714 Click here to Send shadrach714 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bee
Restricted User

Shadrach- please answer this question? Was stallworth's act premeditated? I will await your response.

Old Post 06-18-09 05:13 PM
Bee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bee Click here to Send Bee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Prime Time
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bee

Excellent point. He killed a man without intent to kill.

CASE DISMISSED!!!

Up front there ought to be a man in black.

Old Post 06-18-09 05:58 PM
Prime Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time Click here to Send Prime Time a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Prime Time
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey. My avatar shows me brown bagging. That is inappropriate for this thread. No?

Up front there ought to be a man in black.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:04 PM
Prime Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time Click here to Send Prime Time a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

so if someone kills a dog during the act of dog fighting that's worse than someone killing a person while they drove impaired because the killing of the dog was premeditated but the killing of the prson was an accident? when he drank & decided to drive he knew what could happen & chose not to care. that's pemiditated imo.

i love animals as much as the next person but no way is a dog's life worth more than a person or at least most people. does this mean if i come home from work & catch my wife having sex with another guy & go get my gun & kill both of them i should get 30 days while my neighbor got 2 years for shooting his cat in the backyard. afterall, my act wasn't premeditated!

Old Post 06-18-09 06:21 PM
dg84 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dg84 Click here to Send dg84 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dg84

bee, by the way, comparing vick to this isn't ignorant. the comparison was brought up to show how ludicrous it is for someone that killed a person to get 30 days, not to say that what vick did was ok.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:26 PM
cisco
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I think I can understand the family taking the money. I hope it was a boatload.

No breadwinner in the family. Probably years in court in a lawsuit while living on welfare or social security. 30% to lawyers and who knows what they would end up with.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:42 PM
Paintedface
Banned User

I agree with both sides in this thread.

Especially like this comment:

"when he drank & decided to drive he knew what could happen & chose not to care. that's pemiditated imo."

Drunk driving is equivalent to waving a loaded gun around while intoxicated, safety off, and finger on the trigger.

Unfortuantely, society conventions don't really frown on drunk driving in many areas. How much do you blame on the person and how much leeway of personal responibility due to "cultures" can someone have?

Of course many of you will say NONE or very little, but how about if (and I very well can) I point out your indirect but contributory guilt in many of the murders in this country and abroad as well as rape and other forms of suffering?

That's why I put the onus on DIRECT and not INdirect. Nevertheless, the root cause of why this happened isn't some evil gene he has and needs to be put away for ever.

My Verdict:

Yes, it's bullsh!t that his money gives him a lighter sentence than most, but ultimately the decision of his punishment SHOULD reside in the closest loved ones of the departed. They alone have the "right" to seal his earthly fate (unless the dead left some sort of will expressing to show no mercy if killed by a drunk driver). Also, until he can prove he is a changed man, he is not allowed to drive, own a gun, or operate any heavy machinery.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:52 PM
Paintedface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paintedface Click here to Send Paintedface a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bee
Restricted User

Dg84- its apples to oranges.

Old Post 06-18-09 06:58 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: