StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > The Eagle has landed 5-6-09 w/play
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Eagleeye

The Eagle has landed 5-6-09 w/play

I started researching tonigh's plays and I saw the following information involving Randy Jonson of the SFG:

Randy Johnson has more wins against the Colorado Rockies than anyone, and he beat them again in impressive fashion during his last trip to the mound.

Looking to take a step closer to 300 career victories, the left-hander looks for another dominant performance Wednesday night when the San Francisco Giants open a two-game road set with the NL West rivals.

Johnson (2-2, 4.50 ERA), who's 45 and in his 22nd season, is 19-7 with a 2.23 ERA and 251 strikeouts in 28 career starts against the Rockies. That win total is his highest against any opponent, and he hasn't lost to them since Sept. 22, 2004 while with Arizona.

Since then, Johnson has won all five of his starts against Colorado, posting a 1.64 ERA with 38 strikeouts in 33 innings.

WOW! Let's all jump on Randy. Right? Well, not so fast. A closer look tells us that SFG does hold the major categories. Hell, even 65% of the public is on them. So one question has to be asked. Why did the line open on Colorado at -138? And even a better question. If the world is on Randy and the Giants, why has the line moved to Colorado -154?

There is little doubt that something is happening as the Colorado pitcher is only 1-4 with a 6.58 ERA.

This is a 5 unit play and since Colorado is a favorite, no RL play is required. We just play the ML.....

My play $770/$500 on Colorado......

GLTA,
Eagleeye

Old Post 05-07-09 12:36 AM
Eagleeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eagleeye Click here to Send Eagleeye a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ecarc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

eagle

great call tonight.

Old Post 05-07-09 04:19 AM
ecarc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ecarc Click here to Send ecarc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kentate

Ecarc, Not over yet.....but thanks.....I know people here don't know me, but I was one of the ones that helped develop this type of handicapping at SI a few years back....Wrote several articles on this stuff. When it works, it's great....Can rip off 8-10-15 wins in a row.....Actually, if you look at what my wife has found out, the only loss I've had would have turned into a winner....(Play run line on the dogs), thus Cleveland (my first game and only loser) becomes a winner.....So the system would be perfect.

Hey, not for nothing, but I've noticed you've got some pretty sharp people here as well......Thanks again....

Old Post 05-07-09 04:34 AM
kentate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kentate Click here to Send kentate a Private Message Edit post   Report post
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dude....

eagleeye or kentate. Pick one. I know you're not trying to be deceptive, but it's confusing.

Keep up the good handicapping!

Uga

Old Post 05-07-09 04:36 AM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kentate

My bad.....I have multiple computers here and use all of them. You are correct....I'm not trying to be deceptive....Will try to change them all right now......again, my bad....

Old Post 05-07-09 04:41 AM
kentate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kentate Click here to Send kentate a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Eagleeye

OK, now this one should say eagleeye as well....again, sorry for any confusion.....

GLTA,
Eagleeye

Old Post 05-07-09 04:43 AM
Eagleeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eagleeye Click here to Send Eagleeye a Private Message Edit post   Report post
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I know that.....

but others might not. You were up front about that, so it's all good. Just saying, consistency will help infrequent visitors and/or newbies.

GL and thanks!

Uga

Old Post 05-07-09 04:44 AM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Paintedface
Banned User

I don't think it's deceptive. He said right away he was also kentate.

Anyway, your lead is safe. You can mark the game as complete when Giants are down by 4 or more haha.

{edit: ignore my first sentence, I type too slowly and keep getting beaten}

Old Post 05-07-09 04:44 AM
Paintedface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paintedface Click here to Send Paintedface a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Eagleeye

UGA, no problem.....I appreciate it....I'm logged on to 3 computers in my home office. I wasn't really paying attention and you do bring up a good point......And I forgive you for U G A.... You see, I'm a Tarheel at heart (actually from NC) misplaced in Dallas......LOL....

Thanks again guys......Hopefully I can bring some value here....

GLTA,
Eagleeye

Old Post 05-07-09 04:47 AM
Eagleeye

Hello paintedface, you snuck in while I wasn't looking....Anyway, game over. They don't come much easier than this one tonight. I'll take it.....

Record now stands at 3-1 +12 units...or +$1,200 for the year...I'll try to keep it going....Remember, I only play if there's a play worth playing.....Tomorrow will be a bit tough in the afternoon. I'm a Realtor by trade and although I am mobile with a car that's setup kind of like my home office, it's sometimes tough to logon if I'm with a client.....

Everyone have a great night.....

GLTA,
Eagleeye

Old Post 05-07-09 05:12 AM
straightchaser
Banned User

just tell the cient you have to make some real $$$ LOL..good work

Old Post 05-07-09 12:17 PM
straightchaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for straightchaser Click here to Send straightchaser a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Eagleeye

straightchaser.....trust me...There are times where I can make a lot more money doing this than selling homes....My wife and I have discussed retiring and doing this full time. We both love it, love the research and don't have to put up with a lot of the BS.

I do have a computer, fax, scanner, GPS, radar detector, CB radio, and naturally my cell phone is in my car, so I can do everything from my car that I do from my office......Just need to get rid of my clients....

Actually looks like only the first game may be an issue. I teach a class from 10 to 11, but considering I'm in the Central Time Zone, that only gives me 10 minutes for the Atlanta game. I have missed posting 2 other winners because of clients, but hey, if I didn't post them, I can't really count them. Wouldn't be fair....

Hey, thanks for the comments.....Now let's win some more pictures of dead presidents......

GLTA,
Eagleeye

Old Post 05-07-09 03:00 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: