StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > CBS sux kack...
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

CBS sux kack...

If you are not at a sportsbar or drunk i suppose...
The coverage the last 4 days was absolutely horrible. T/O's every 5min then when they switch to the game you wanna see it's a commercial break..
And the Wisconsin/Fla St game they switched back over to Ohio St/Sienna as Wisky was goin for the win at the buzzer.
Then with tonights finale, they decide to wait until 40seconds left in both games to switch over with 6min left in the Louisville game.

Yeah CBS i'll be sure stop at the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings in the near future. You've made that point clear...

Old Post 03-23-09 02:04 AM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Minura

Annoyed the hell out of me two.

Could have watched one game online, but that would have sucked cause of the 10-15 sec delay. You would see the score from the game on the tv.

Old Post 03-23-09 02:18 AM
Minura is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minura Click here to Send Minura a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Paintedface
Banned User

That's why you stay at home like a loser on your computer and mute your TV when they update another game and scotch tape a piece of paper to cover the other scores or hang a clothing item over part of your TV.

I feel pathetic typing my intricate and lonely sports watching habits haha.

~"Looking For Lulz in All the Wrong Places"~ Adolf Hitler

Old Post 03-23-09 02:27 AM
Paintedface is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paintedface Click here to Send Paintedface a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yeah Minura i watched online Friday but with the 10-15sec delay you're right; might as well just watch the ticker...
Anyway, it just struck me odd this year..Maybe it was because i wasn't drunk, sitting at my nearest buffalo wild wings bar watching the games...

Advertisement Agencies seem to be making money during these tough economic times...

Old Post 03-23-09 02:27 AM
double11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for double11 Click here to Send double11 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

hahaha..PF..
That almost made me forget about losing the Marquette game..

Old Post 03-23-09 02:29 AM
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Re TV

Get direct TV I watched what ever game I wanted to including 4 at one time. Cost $69.00 for the tournament but it was worth it.

Pete

Terpman

Old Post 03-23-09 02:57 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

yea, thats why i had 3 cbs sportsline livecasts up and just changed volume

Old Post 03-23-09 03:29 AM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Minura

lol PF that made me really crack up.

Old Post 03-23-09 03:52 AM
Minura is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minura Click here to Send Minura a Private Message Edit post   Report post
double11
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Pete,
Didn't you know Comcast has more channels in HD?

Obviously i have Comcast but not happy with em...Might have to switch to Direct...

Old Post 03-23-09 04:01 AM
T5A0A7

good lord whatever you do when you get Directv you will be locked into a MINIMUM 24 month commitment, breaking it starts at $500 and works down the longer you keep it.

Old Post 03-23-09 04:06 AM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
fallforward
FoxDen Hall of Famer

the last two years CBS had 4 channels set up on digital cable along with the regular CBS feed. They had one channel for each region. That way you could watch whatever game you wanted. Without them cutting away. I'm not sure why they went away from that. I'm sure there is some advertising reason.

This year the coverage has been a joke...
ff

"Do what you can with what you have, with the time in place, in the place you are."

Old Post 03-24-09 07:57 PM
fallforward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fallforward Click here to Send fallforward a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Cost $69.00 for the tournament but it was worth it.

Mega March Madness package...my first time and I won't watch the tournament any other way again. They gave me a discount ordering both the March Madness package along with the MLB package.

Old Post 03-24-09 08:15 PM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
pshinnamon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Re comcast

I had it and switched. Was the best move I ever made. I have vertually every sports channel in high def and 3 flat screens. I was in heaven. I almost forgot to bet a few games because I got so entrenched in watching some of the games.

Pete

PS DON'T WAIT SWITCH NOW

Terpman

Old Post 03-25-09 02:40 AM
pshinnamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pshinnamon Click here to Send pshinnamon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: