StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Prop Bets for Superbowl
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
largefarva14

Prop Bets for Superbowl

Hello Den,

There are a ton of prop bets for the Superbowl and I was hoping to find a few gems for the Den and myself. After going through the season stats, I've narrowed it down to 6. All of the props below are taken from Oddsmaker.com:

Props:

1. "Will W. Parker score a touchdown Y/N -115?"
Of the 13 games played this year by Parker, he has scored in 4 of them... Add that to the run defense that AZ has displayed, no short yardage carries for Parker, no receiving touchdowns all year for Parker, etc. He has scored less than 33% of the time, yet we are getting -115 odds. That is a great value. I say NO! He does not score.

2. "Will Fitzgerald score a touchdown Y/N -140?"
He has scored in 12 of 19 games this season, 7 of his last 8. Everyone in the stadium knows that he's getting the ball and he still brings it home. I say yes. He is on a tear.

3. "Number of different players to throw a touchdown pass over/under 2.5" -- under is -320
I know that we usually see some trick plays in the SB because the teams have 2 weeks to prepare. Even so, it is still a huge longshot. No Antwan Randle El, etc... I'm taking the UNDER at -320

4. "Big Ben rushing yards over/under .5 yards... -130"
Ben hit the over for this prop in 11 out of 18 games played, which is 61% of the games played. The Cards opponents have let the opposing QB rush for over .5 yards in 13 out of 19 games this season (68%). If the Cards make him scramble at all, this is a gimmee.

5. "Big Ben's completions over/under 17.5 -115 "
It looks like an easy one right? Ben has actually gone over 17 completitions in only 6 out of 18 games played this year. He is 0-4 against the NFC. He has hit the number 17 several times though, so it will be close... I'm playing UNDER

6. "S. Breaston over/under 37.5 receiveing yards -115"
He has hit over this number in 13 out of 19 games this year. He is 9-4 since the bye week. The Steelers will have to game plan for Fitzgerald after the tear he has been on.... I am going OVER...

These are the 6 Prop Bets that I like. I will be playing all 6. I hope we close this season with a great game. See you'll again in September.

Large

"give me 6 Schlitz's... or whatever is free"

Old Post 02-01-09 05:21 PM
largefarva14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for largefarva14 Edit post   Report post
largefarva14

Please disregard number 3

This is a no-bet... The prop is over/under to throw a pass, not a touchdown... Not worth the price... NO BET... Down to 5 props.

Old Post 02-01-09 05:32 PM
largefarva14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for largefarva14 Edit post   Report post
jfever
FoxDen Hall of Famer

be careful of this one...

4. "Big Ben rushing yards over/under .5 yards... -130"
Ben hit the over for this prop in 11 out of 18 games played, which is 61% of the games played. The Cards opponents have let the opposing QB rush for over .5 yards in 13 out of 19 games this season (68%). If the Cards make him scramble at all, this is a gimmee.

it does look good, but 3 kneel downs at the end of the game could easily crap on this prop

GL

Old Post 02-01-09 05:54 PM
jfever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfever Click here to Send jfever a Private Message Edit post   Report post
largefarva14

Thanks for the heads up jfever

Thank you for the heads up, but my money is already down. Some of the lines have moved since my previous post...

Ben's Rushing over .5 is now -160...

Willie Parker to NOT score is even money now (previously -115)

Ben Ben's completitions Under 17.5 is also even money (previously -115).

Old Post 02-01-09 06:13 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: