StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Why do none of these Tout's post their overall records?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Yanicus

Why do none of these Tout's post their overall records?

I mean its more of a rhetorical question but....

a) how do they stay in business when half the time they are wrong?
b) why do people even bother sharing information on them if they have no proven record? its retarded

Old Post 01-27-09 11:48 PM
Yanicus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yanicus Click here to Send Yanicus a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

They cant post a record because they give out both sides as a play. That way half your clients are happy.

Old Post 01-27-09 11:52 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Yanicus

very smart....

Old Post 01-28-09 12:08 AM
Yanicus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yanicus Click here to Send Yanicus a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kendog819

"They cant post a record because they give out both sides as a play. That way half your clients are happy."

This makes absolutely no sense..

If i flip a coin tell u Heads and the other guy Tails.

Then The next time do the opposite, and so on, or even if i always give u heads andf the other tails...

Both sides still will end up right around 50% over time. Sure one side will have runs, just like betting sports. But over time will even out.

And 50% is losing in the sports world.

The reason they dont post their overall record is because they want more clients.

And losing records isn't going to gain clients.

Some touts do give both sides out, but i dont believe the majority do, i also dont believe that is the reason they don't post their records.

Old Post 01-28-09 12:09 AM
kendog819 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kendog819 Click here to Send kendog819 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Yanicus

my whole point is someone shouldn't post a pick, or opinion, or anything without backing it up with some kind of verifiable record.

there was only one out there that I followed, Brandon Lang, and it was only on his very stong picks. his record on those (i think he calls them 50 dimers) is pretty good.

a lot of these guys aren't worth ****. just bothers me when i see there picks go up, people look at them, probably use them to make some kind of decision, and end up losing money on them

Old Post 01-28-09 12:24 AM
hookem22
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The only one that I know of that post everything is ezwinners. He is a solid guy and capper up til this year. I follow his baseball picks and have never had a losing season in doing so. He is also extremely cheap.

Old Post 01-28-09 05:30 AM
hookem22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hookem22 Click here to Send hookem22 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
skeeter

This guy does:

http://primepicks.blogspot.com/

Old Post 01-28-09 05:36 AM
skeeter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeeter Edit post   Report post
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Touts...

Watch closely...they will post records during "hot" streaks...but they are all businessmen and marketing experts...they aren't going to post during a dry-spell or post their overall record (which is usually 50%).

It's the same as stock trading. You always here about the guy who made $100K on a stock, but how many times has he lost $20 or $30K along the way...

Pure business...and they must be doing o.k. or they would be out of business. A lot of these "tout" companies work in groups, so there will always be one of them who is "hot" for the week.

We could have our own group of "touts" here, and I guarantee we would always have one or two cappers who are hitting 75% for a given stretch over their last 20 plays...

Old Post 01-28-09 08:00 AM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ebenu2
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Heavy D

Very well said.

Old Post 01-28-09 08:32 AM
ebenu2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ebenu2 Click here to Send ebenu2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Touts...

I did a little more thinking on this subject, and I know there are some touts out there with legitimate records who do make a marginal profit, but the bulk of their $$$ comes from selling their picks.

I'd be surprised if many of them over the long-term are much above 50%.

I looked at a couple tout sites, and they all have great marketing messages. The ones that are on hot streaks post their current records (which who even knows if their true), while all others (which probably represent over 80%) post information about some sort of past success like:

"Just completed 58% season in college football..." - can you tell me how that helps me for picks on NBA or NHL today...

It's comical, but I will say they are great marketers. It doesn't take a genius to come up with some of their slogans, and during these tough financial times, people will believe anything and are much easily persuaded into buying such things as sports picks or stock tips...

Old Post 01-29-09 12:20 AM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: