StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > NCAA Thursday Night Football
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

NCAA Thursday Night Football

FSU
@
NC State

Wagering on this because I'm heading to the game, so take it for what it's worth. State playing their forth in a row at home with a coach that has seemed to be very inconsistant. Both teams play sloppy football (27 turnovers) and even though FSU has a decent record on paper, they are not that good. I'm grabbing the points for an entertainment investment.

Byu
@
TCU

BYU opened as the short chalk and frankly it's a coin flip IMO.

TCU has the run def, yet it won't matter. Byu is +10 in TO, while Tcu is +3 in the past three games. Byu's def. is more consistaint.

Both teams have some nice trends and are motivated. This seems to be a bigger game for Byu, since a win tonight and they should win out for an undefested season.

I would just sit back at watch this one.

Old Post 10-16-08 04:51 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
knucklehead

You seem to dog on Fla. state every chance you get. I'm not an fsu fan by an means but i do know that they have a lot of young talent and whether you like it or not they will be a force in the acc very soon.

Old Post 10-16-08 05:00 PM
knucklehead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knucklehead Click here to Send knucklehead a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DolphinBoy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bromoe

Have fun at the game!

WINNING!!!!!!

Old Post 10-16-08 05:50 PM
DolphinBoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DolphinBoy Click here to Send DolphinBoy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

BROMOE

like what you're saying & enjoy
GL

Old Post 10-16-08 07:58 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jerilee
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Another two cents worth!!........

Hello Mr Bromo-Seltzer,_________ Just came accross the write-up on Fla St and NC St........reminds me of my mentioning something I thought would be helpful to us paranoid people in here. If you don't like the man's picks, bet the opposite. When I call in my bet to the bookie, what I should do is bet the opposite teams, hell, I'd be a millionaire by now??._______ I still love you all for being who and what you are......like the man said too, "not in a faggy way". What I want to do is win lots of money with your picks and Tider's and Randizzle and Jkaul and the list goes on and on!!.________ Best of luck to all of us.........Rockin' Jerilee

Jerilee

Old Post 10-16-08 08:57 PM
Jerilee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerilee Click here to Send Jerilee a Private Message Edit post   Report post
r.a.
FoxDen Hall of Famer

KNUCKLEHEAD .... why will Florida St. be a force in the ACC in the near future?

1. Bowden looks like a dear in headlites on the sidelines and has for the last several years. Seems like he is holding on to try and outlast Paterno for the most all-time wins.

2. They haven't had a top flight starting QB in many years.

3. They recruit a ton of 'outlaw' players who are constantly in trouble and an unreliable from week to week. Before the Colorado game they got four players back from suspension ... trust me the suspensions weren't for jaywalking.

4. Bowden used to have his way recruiting in Florida with Miami the main challenge. Now he's battling Florida, S. Florida, Miami, Central Florida, Fla. Atl., Fla. Int. and most of the SEC for the premium players and he's not getting as much as he used to get.

5. The ACC is an average football conference and Florida St. is an average to slightly above average football team who would be well served to bring in someone from outside the Florida St. inner circle to coach them.

Old Post 10-17-08 12:11 AM
r.a. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r.a. Click here to Send r.a. a Private Message Edit post   Report post
knucklehead

Thanks for your questions. Let me first preface by this by saying I am not a fan of FSU. I just happen to have some close friends and family that are high level boosters at FSU.

Hope this helps.

1. Bowden looks like a dear in headlites on the sidelines and has for the last several years. Seems like he is holding on to try and outlast Paterno for the most all-time wins.

Response: Bowden gets credited for the wins but he is not the coach. Jimbo Fisher has taken over the program and is doing a excellent job restructuring the program. I don't think people understand the condition that Bowden and his son left the program in. It was a disaster almost beyond repair. Jimbo Fisher is an excellent recruiter and is signing top recruits that actually make it into school. That was a fault of the previous administration by taking too many borderline kids and taking chances on kids that have character issues. Those days are gone.

2. They haven't had a top flight starting QB in many years

Response: This is true but Jimbo Fisher loves Christian Ponder. He thinks he is an NFL caliber QB but is going through going pains as a first year starter. Also, Jimbo Fisher went out and signed the #1 prep QB in the nation in EJ Manual in the 2008 recruiting class.

3. They recruit a ton of 'outlaw' players who are constantly in trouble and an unreliable from week to week. Before the Colorado game they got four players back from suspension ... trust me the suspensions weren't for jaywalking.

Response: I think I answered this question in response 1. The previous coaching staff were lazy recruiters and took chances on high caliber players that other schools like georgia and lsu stayed away from due to character issues. Like I said, these days are over with Jimbo Fisher at the helm.

4. Bowden used to have his way recruiting in Florida with Miami the main challenge. Now he's battling Florida, S. Florida, Miami, Central Florida, Fla. Atl., Fla. Int. and most of the SEC for the premium players and he's not getting as much as he used to get.

Response: FSU finished with the #8 recruiting class despite back to back 7-6 seasons. Again, Jimbo Fisher gets the credit here.

5. The ACC is an average football conference and Florida St. is an average to slightly above average football team who would be well served to bring in someone from outside the Florida St. inner circle to coach them.

Response: I agree. The ACC is average. This is why I truly believe that FSU and Miami will dominate once again in the confernece in the near future. Too much talent not to.

Knucklehead

Old Post 10-17-08 12:57 AM
knucklehead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knucklehead Click here to Send knucklehead a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: