StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > 2008 StatFox Edge Football Annual
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
StatFox John
Administrator

2008 StatFox Edge Football Annual

2008 StatFox Edge Football Handicapping Annual

The StatFox Edge Football Annual enjoyed a four-year run from 2003-06, becoming a fixture in the yearly library of football bettors across the country. The GREAT NEWS is the StatFox Edge is back for 2008!

As always, it will be loaded with preseason coverage of every college and pro team, plus great handicapping strategy articles, stats, trends, predictions and more.

Look for it on store shelves nationwide starting July 15 or order here and get it sent directly to your home.

only $9.99     

Listed below are some of the most useful features and articles you’ll find loaded in this 136-page “Ultimate Handicapping Resource”.

• Team-by-Team Betting Angles
    We’ve supplied at least six applicable trends for every college team, and eight for every pro team.

• Key Statistics Articles
    Both Steve and Doug reveal some of their favorite team statistics to utilize when handicapping college and pro.

• Top Weekly Head-to-Head Football Trends (pgs 46-47)
    StatFox has scoured the entire schedule of college & pro football games this fall and revealed the most potent head-to-head patterns that have developed.

• FoxSheets College Systems (pg 127)
    The FoxSheets offer thousands of Super Situations, or Systems, for games throughout the season. We dig into our vast library and discuss a number of early season college systems that will help you get the season started right.

• StatFox Doug’s 12 Powerful College Trends (pgs 134-135)
    Doug reveals 12 of his favorite trends in college football.

Old Post 07-18-08 05:08 PM
StatFox John is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox John Click here to Send StatFox John a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

been going thru it for 2 weeks now....some very nice head to head trends listed ........... i'd recommend it highly at $9.99 !!!

thanks statfox

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 07-25-08 11:12 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
sdtnvols42

I like it

I like the Statfox return of this annual way better than last years. This is more like it. Great write ups on each team college and pro. I like the format. It is a great value for the price.

Good Ole Rocky Top

Old Post 07-29-08 10:46 PM
sdtnvols42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sdtnvols42 Click here to Send sdtnvols42 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Jacey
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just came in the mail today........

Old Post 07-30-08 01:43 AM
Jacey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jacey Click here to Send Jacey a Private Message Edit post   Report post
SugarHill
StatFox Hall of Famer

Got er in the mail today. Will be a nice way to pass some time at work..hehe

Old Post 08-08-08 12:14 AM
SugarHill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarHill Click here to Send SugarHill a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Gush
Banned User

Thumbs up

Got it last week, its a good read with a lot of good stuff in it

Old Post 08-08-08 01:17 AM
The Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Gush Click here to Send The Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Does it have a lot of pictures? I don't know how to read. JK, I will order it now.

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 08-08-08 06:56 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Robert Ferringo

I'm glad

That you guys resumed this. I think it's a very solid read and has a lot of great info. It's a great resource for myself and I would recommend it.

One thing I will say though: I liked it better with the old paper stock you used to use. I'm sure this group probably cost a lot less, but I would recommend going back to the glossy sheet. (See: 2006 version.)

Old Post 08-11-08 01:36 AM
Robert Ferringo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Ferringo Click here to Send Robert Ferringo a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

page 127. system #1. Play against-home underdogs-terrible rushing team from last season-averaged 100 or less rushing yards/game. Last 10 seasons 38-14. (5.2 games/year)

The book notes to take these in the "early going". What is the definition of "early going"?

Is this September games only? August and September? All year?

thanks for your clarification.

Old Post 08-14-08 08:42 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

VIRGINIA?

How do you guys rank Virginia #23 in your preseason poll? Whats even more confusing is that in your ACC preview you say "Virginia will be fortunate reach the break-even mark." And you predicted them 4th in the coastal division.

Also, did u see my last question in the previous post?

Old Post 08-15-08 07:47 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bilbal

Virginia

my guess is that they meant the month of September.

With both Sewell and Cook sitting out for Virginia I can't imagine they will even reach the .350 mark. Maybe they meant to enter Virginia Tech, they're a much more likely #23.

Old Post 08-17-08 03:05 PM
bilbal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bilbal Click here to Send bilbal a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Mine arrived last week. I just glanced through it, but on the surface it seem very thorough, and informative (IMO).

Thanks

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 08-21-08 02:20 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Steve
Administrator

A couple answers to your questions...

1) The #23 team is in fact supposed to be Virginia Tech. Sorry about that. Not sure how the Tech got taken off...

2) That System is a first two weeks of the season system. Only happens about 5 times per season. Again, our apologies for leaving that detail out.

Thanks for reading closely though. Appreciate the questions.

Steve

Old Post 08-22-08 11:32 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Curdawg
StatFox Legend

Steve

Just ordered it...

please send it before the Vols beat UCLA...

THANKS AGAIN..

vic

Always bet AP's number 11 who will be trying hard to get into Top 10...

Old Post 08-23-08 08:12 PM
Curdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawg Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

System I brought up earlier. bad rushing teams.

Play against Baylor and Army. Liked em both anyway.

Old Post 08-26-08 09:42 AM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: