StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Mon CollegeBB : Open vs Current Lines
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Mon CollegeBB : Open vs Current Lines

Below are line move with 1.5 or more (compared at 12:55pm EST)

GTEC 18.0 vs 20.0 (Play GT)

MINY 4.5 vs 2.0 (Play Against)

INDY 10.0 vs 8.0 (Play Against)

NMEX 8.0 vs 10.5 (Play NMEX)

DUKE 26.0 vs 29.0 (Play DUKE)

DUKE 153 vs 147 (Play UND)

DAYT 22.5 vs 19.5 (Play Against)

SACS 1.5 vs 3.0 (Play SAC ST)

Old Post 12-29-03 07:00 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DAN

yesterday

thanks for these plays yesterday they saved my ass as the football was bad.

Old Post 12-29-03 07:18 PM
DAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAN Edit post   Report post
rmarq
StatFox Hall of Famer

Did you miss these? Indiana -10 vs -8 (play against) Chattanoga -7 vs -5.5 (play against) , Santa clara -1 vs +1 (play against and Sacra. St -1.5 vs -3 (play Sac. St)

Old Post 12-29-03 07:20 PM
rmarq is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmarq Edit post   Report post
georgianne
StatFox Hall of Famer *

Neb/MN

Stardust has money going to Neb - already moved 2 down to +2.5.

Old Post 12-29-03 07:20 PM
georgianne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgianne Click here to Send georgianne a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rmarq
StatFox Hall of Famer

You already had Sac.St listed.

Old Post 12-29-03 07:21 PM
rmarq is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmarq Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

I also had listed
Play against MINY (Play NEB)
Play against INDY (Play N Tex)

I'll check out Chatta, Santa Clara

Old Post 12-29-03 07:45 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

9 plays (updated)

G. Tech -20
Nebraska +2
N Tex +8
--------
Mid Tenn +5.5
New Mex -10.5
Duke -29
--------
Duke 147 Under
Wofford +19.5
CS Sacramento -3

Old Post 12-29-03 07:53 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Santa Clara

No Play. I consider Santa Clara just 1 point move (-1.0 > Pk > +1.0)

Old Post 12-29-03 07:54 PM
petepowder

Bigdadi,

I was wondering how the line movement on these games have worked for you since you started posting these line movements. College basketball is one sport that I find myself picking teams having no idea about. I am going to put small plays on the line movements today. Thanks for the posts and best of luck.

Old Post 12-29-03 08:35 PM
petepowder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for petepowder Edit post   Report post
nathaninirvine

Guys,

Last year, I followed a 2 line movement in college and NBA and was quite profitable. I would buy the 2 points to come to the original line. It was quite surprising how many times it saved me.

Here is the anomaly that I did not figure out. It did not seem to work on Saturday and Sunday. My only thought was that too many non-pros were betting on the weekend in Vegas and other places to drive these lines wacky. I will accept any and all thoughts to this quite an interesting dillema.

Nat

Old Post 12-29-03 08:39 PM
nathaninirvine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nathaninirvine Edit post   Report post
defcon

Nate

You are correct in your assumption. Line movement due to smart money is more accurate during weekdays than weekends and this is due to the fact that smart money is handled like any business open from Monday to Friday.

Old Post 12-29-03 08:51 PM
defcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for defcon Click here to Send defcon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Of these, I like Nebraska to beat Minny by 3.

This will be the first W for Nebraska on the Road against a winning team in the last 3 years.

Experience and Talent prevail.

Old Post 12-29-03 09:06 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
petepowder

Handicapping experience

I am curious how long some of you have been handicapping games for.....very impressed with the info provided and wondering if much comes from experience and over time.....when I first started, I lost a lot of picks, but what I have learned over the past 6 months has been amazing and the way I make my plays has changed considerably.....

Old Post 12-29-03 09:14 PM
petepowder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for petepowder Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

I think
* Follow where the smart money goes is a smart move
* Early bets are usually not public money. Public used to wait 'til last moment so they can gather as much info as possible
* College players are not Profs who hit gold-mine from signed contracts, majority of them may not become Profs, so I bet they wont throw away any chances to make money although rules forbiden them to bet. It is hard to track who bet in offshore books, right?

Old Post 12-29-03 10:01 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Gamblers said that Pinnacle has the sharpest line, so its lines are best indicators. That explains why pinnacle was chosen to compare Stardust that has open lines out much early, the night before, than other books.

Old Post 12-29-03 10:04 PM
petepowder

the reason I don't like college sports.....these guys are not professionals and a lot of them are very immature....i played college athletics myself and personally feel that the coach plays more of a factor in the guys performance than anything else....if the guys don't like the way the coach prepares them, communicates with them, ect., a lot of these guys go into tank mode....very hard to bet on college athletics for myself knowing the thoughts that go through some of these kids minds

Old Post 12-29-03 10:05 PM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

2-0 to start the nite

DUKE-W

DUKE-Und-W

Old Post 12-30-03 12:59 AM
John1180

I've been keeping an eye on bigdadi's plays, and this guys is on fire with his picks. Thanks for the great posts!

Old Post 12-30-03 04:03 AM
John1180 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John1180 Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

5-2 so far

Seems to be a profit night

G. Tech -20 (W)
Nebraska +2 (W)
N Tex +8 (L)
--------
Mid Tenn +5.5 (L)
New Mex -10.5 .... (pending)
Duke -29 (W)
--------
Duke 147 Under (W)
Wofford +19.5 (W)
CS Sacramento -3 .... (pending)

Old Post 12-30-03 05:23 AM
nathaninirvine

NBA today?

Were there any NBA moves today?

Nate

Old Post 12-30-03 05:30 AM
nathaninirvine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nathaninirvine Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: