StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MLB Season
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
orleans

MLB Season

I am doing my handicapping for the 2008 season. I like to do a series dog chase. I want to avoid the teams that lose 90 games. Which teams will lose at least 90 games? Right now I have Balt. Fla. Pitts. Wash. Every year there is at least 6-8 teams.

Old Post 03-11-08 09:54 PM
orleans is offline Click Here to See the Profile for orleans Edit post   Report post
GoBlue01
StatFox Hall of Famer

Don't know if I would put Florida in there...lots of potentially strong young pitchers, if they can stay healthy this year...

Old Post 03-11-08 09:58 PM
GoBlue01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoBlue01 Click here to Send GoBlue01 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BillyMac14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

KC and Oakland would be possibilites also.

Old Post 03-11-08 10:09 PM
BillyMac14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BillyMac14 Click here to Send BillyMac14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
LixNation

90 loss teams

I'm looking at Twins, Astros, Giants, and the Cards if Pujols is shut down early enough in addition to BAL, WAS and PIT.

Ranking them worst to best:

SF
BAL
WAS
PIT
MIN
HOU
STL (move them into BAL territory and probably HOU out of this group if Pujols is shut down)

I'll be looking at this more as rosters are finalized. I wonder the effect on HOU and PIT if STL is really bad. I'm not sure the odds of three 90 loss teams in a 6 team division that lacks a superior team.

Old Post 03-11-08 10:28 PM
LixNation is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LixNation Click here to Send LixNation a Private Message Edit post   Report post
GoBlue01
StatFox Hall of Famer

SF should be bad, but also think their young pitching could surprise some people...

Old Post 03-11-08 10:31 PM
GoBlue01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoBlue01 Click here to Send GoBlue01 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: