StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Brett Favre = Class
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Brett Favre = Class

This is the last of the REAL nfl players.

What Class!

The game he played after his father died.
One of the greatest efforts I've ever witnessed.

Met him once in Buffalo...

At the Bills game in Buffalo a couple years ago, he went out of his way after the game to spend time with a handicapped boy for twenty minutes. He had security keep everyone back while he spoke to the kid and then proceeded to give the boy his helment and his jersey.

Loved to watch him give it his all and do it will a young boy's heart... on every play.

Thanks Brett

Old Post 03-04-08 04:21 PM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BillyMac14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Pack fan and was hoping this day would never come, but it was inevitable. The man brought a passion for the game that will never be matched.

Thank you Mr. Favre.

Old Post 03-04-08 04:52 PM
BillyMac14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BillyMac14 Click here to Send BillyMac14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

"Loved to watch him give it his all and do it will a young boy's heart... on every play"........You said it right there BROMOE.

For those of us that have followed him all these years, it will never be the same. Nothing lasts forever, but you sure do wish some things would. :(

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 03-04-08 05:15 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MrDoug
FoxDen Hall of Famer

John Madden

In a related story to Favre's retirement, announcer John Madden also said he was retiring. Madden, long recognized as never to say a discouraging word about Favre was quoted, "What's the point of carrying on. With no Brett Favre, that's 30 percent of my material. I loved that guy. Besides I'm tired of that (Frank) Caliendo character making fun of me. I'm gone, Boom."

Of course it's a joke. I was lucky enough to be at Brett Favre's first game as a Packer, when he came in for Magic Man, and never left again. It was a honor to watch Favre in either person or on TV all these years.

Old Post 03-04-08 05:37 PM
MrDoug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrDoug Edit post   Report post
threeminutewar

Great person, great player. Sad to see him go.

Old Post 03-04-08 06:01 PM
threeminutewar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for threeminutewar Click here to Send threeminutewar a Private Message Edit post   Report post
oxydawg

Agree 100% Bromoe, well said.........

Old Post 03-04-08 11:10 PM
oxydawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oxydawg Edit post   Report post
greggrzy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Was It Conicidence....

That Farve retired one day after Randy Moss signed with Patriots. Do you think he would have retired if Moss would have signed with the Packers?

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Old Post 03-05-08 01:46 AM
greggrzy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greggrzy Click here to Send greggrzy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I thought the same thing at first, but he informed the Packer
management prior to Moss signing with the Pats.

Old Post 03-05-08 02:59 AM
Bromoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bromoe Click here to Send Bromoe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Warren Sapp is an ass.

His move today, shows he has NO class.

Old Post 03-05-08 01:57 PM
BillyMac14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

What did he do now?

...without knowing what he did, the man wasn't exactly a classy dude otherwise.

Old Post 03-05-08 04:18 PM
BillyMac14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BillyMac14 Click here to Send BillyMac14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bromoe
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sapp's Retirement Became Official the same day Farve retired.

Poor Timing IMO.

Old Post 03-05-08 05:14 PM
BillyMac14
FoxDen Hall of Famer

That's classic!!!

Nobody will even know he retired...for example: me! If he waited a couple weeks, people would actually talk about it. Now, it's just a footnote. That's fine with me because he's always been a scumbag, which is a shame because he was a great player.

Old Post 03-05-08 05:50 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: