StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > The Shadow9 1st. Anniversary Memorial Thread
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
isdativan
FoxDen Hall of Famer

As a horse player, this guy was amazing. I was just starting to get into horse betting when this guy was posting. Brings back many memories on this forum.

"It's not good bye, its see ya later."

I'm like a walking accident.
Everywhere I go, I wreck.

Old Post 10-02-07 12:50 AM
isdativan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for isdativan Click here to Send isdativan a Private Message Edit post   Report post
(_X_)-KMA

Tues. !0/02/07

I shall never find it hard to forget Shadow's memory since today, the day of Shadow's passing, is also my daughters birthbay. I tried to find something to post about Shadow/Joe and while in my search this Irish saying keep coming to mind. RIP -Joe.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...

Old Post 10-02-07 03:30 PM
(_X_)-KMA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for (_X_)-KMA Click here to Send (_X_)-KMA a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bump. never knew this man but i love this thread and the way everyone is sharing their own personal story about him. very touching to say the least.......

Old Post 10-02-07 10:17 PM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sean12131982

BUMP

Just bumping this and saying thanks to everyone on behalf of my father. He would greatly appreciate the memorial thread and that he is not forgotten on this site. This site and forum was his life in the last few months he lived. Again I want to say thanks to everyone and their comments.

Old Post 10-02-07 11:26 PM
Sean12131982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean12131982 Edit post   Report post
SliPKnuT
FoxDen Hall of Famer

To Shadow: My first bestest buddy on this site...

Movie:
International Crime (1938)
http://www.archive.org/details/international_crime

The Shadow knows...

He replaces the evil in the hearts of men with good.

His shadow envelopes us all, even if we don't know it at the time...

http://forums.statfox.com/forum/sho...w9&pagenumber=2

Thank you so much for posting this Ragtop. You are an awesome individual. Thank you so much for zooming out and helping all of us see the bigger picture.

Cheers!

There is something truly powerful in this family forum!!! Shadow is a major ingredient in this recipe.

May none of us ever completely leave this place.

Travels = YES!

departure = never

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling."

Ambrose Bierce

Old Post 10-03-07 02:08 AM
SliPKnuT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SliPKnuT Click here to Send SliPKnuT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

And Now Another Year Has Passed

Old Post 10-02-09 02:08 AM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
highrize
FoxDen Hall of Famer

wow it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Shadow and I jested quite often in our threads about the NHL. He is quite the capper and was a good man. RIP Shadow

Good Luck Everybody

Old Post 10-02-09 02:48 AM
highrize is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highrize Click here to Send highrize a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Carelli
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I only knew him a few months from this forum, but he was one of the first to welcome me and give me advice. He was such a class act, humble, and knew his stuff.

Thanks for bumping this and keeping the memory alive.

Old Post 10-02-09 05:13 AM
Carelli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carelli Click here to Send Carelli a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

He was quite the character! And a gentleman to me. Miss you Shadow.....

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 10-02-09 05:59 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Only the Shadow Knows ...

He's looking down at me saying "What the heck were you thinking betting the Browns last Sunday".

RIP buddy.

Old Post 10-02-09 06:53 AM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Was it just 1 year ago?

I thought it was longer than that.
Time flies quickly.

Yes, Shadow was a frequent poster and I was not very active on the threads during most of his posting.

He was very knowledgeable about many sports. There are lots to learn from such an expert as Shadow.

He reminds of me of another old timer on a horse racing website that was always open to questions and was generous with sharing info on such things as track bias and various encyclopedic stats that he kept as part of his handicapping.

Experts who are also honest, good ppl that care about others and help to mentor others are a blessing.

He is sorely missed.

"It's not the thinking that makes the money; its the waiting"--J.Livermore
"Being wrong isn't a choice, but staying wrong is"--S.Stewart
"What everybody else knows, is not
worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

"...mastery is something a man never stops seeking to attain." M. Musashi

http://adserv.honoluluadvertiser.com/multimedia/UntilThen.swf
http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html

Old Post 10-02-09 08:12 AM
Micaiah2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Micaiah2004 Click here to Send Micaiah2004 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hey Buster,

Where have you been lately....not at the Statfox site???

Welcome back, dude.

worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

Old Post 10-02-09 08:13 AM
Micaiah2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Micaiah2004 Click here to Send Micaiah2004 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Akira Wulf,

Are you still around too?
Welcome Back.

Its like homecoming here on Shadow's memorial thread.

Nice to see more names from the past.

worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

Old Post 10-02-09 08:17 AM
Micaiah2004
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing, MikeSchu

I knew Shadow was undergoing treatment but not much of the details as I was an infrequent visitor to the Den, and still kinda semi-regular (football season only).

Shadow put up a good fight. It is difficult for patients and loved ones to undergo these tough battles w/diseases and afflictions.

Since I had been diagnosed with Diabetes II, I can only imagine how much tougher it was for Shadow and others who deal with life threatening challenges. Its on the scale of fighting in Nam or in Iraq, Afghanistan as far as stress and dealing with fear, pain, the unknown....

In time, we all will have our share of struggles, pain, and suffering.

Thanks again for the story, Dude.

worth knowing"--G.M.Loeb

Old Post 10-02-09 08:24 AM
geg1951
FoxDen Hall of Famer

shadow , still looking for that bone buddy !!! i'm gonna play a multi sport parlay for $5 in your honor today .... i'll be thinking of you and looking for inspiration on each selection....i'll post a separate thread ..... lets do this .... I BELIEVE !!!

GEG1951

GARY / GARLAND TEXAS...... RETIRED
---------------------------------------------------

Old Post 10-02-09 12:42 PM
geg1951 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geg1951 Click here to Send geg1951 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Scama LLama
Banned User

unfortunatly

Shadow was before my time, seemed like a great person. I would def like to contribute to this wonderful thread by saying god bless, rest in peace and we'll try to do the best we could down here for u.

Old Post 10-02-09 12:53 PM
Scama LLama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scama LLama Click here to Send Scama LLama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
brian_n_bama
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. He was a great guy who is definitely missed here.

Old Post 10-02-09 02:59 PM
brian_n_bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian_n_bama Click here to Send brian_n_bama a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Brutus5775
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It's amazing how time flies ..... Shadow I didn't know in person..but oh what a capper.. I'm sure he's having a great time where ever he may be...RIP

Old Post 10-02-09 06:03 PM
Brutus5775 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brutus5775 Click here to Send Brutus5775 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: