StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Osk's freebie 09/07/07 record 59-32
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
tmc771
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Osk's freebie 09/07/07 record 59-32

Friday, September 7, 2007

Navy (+16) (-110) over Rutgers

Navy opened the 2007 season with a solid 30-19 win over a vastly improved Temple squad compliments of a rushing attack that garnered 361 yards (6.4 yards per carry). The Midshipmen are an incredible 11-1 ATS as road underdogs and have had this game circled ever since the Scarlet Knights handed them their first shutout loss at home since 2002 (34-0). It is important to note, however, that Navy starting quarterback Brian Hampton sustained a season-ending injury in that game which forced an inexperienced Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada to run the option attack against a swarming Rutger’s defense.

Moreover, Navy is supported by one of my best technical angles which finds that game two squads off a bowl appearance (Navy) are 100-74-2 ATS as underdogs, including 53-34-1 ATS as single-digit, non-conference underdogs. This angle zooms to 27-12-1 ATS if our road dog was a 15-point or greater favorite in its prior game, including 23-6-1 ATS when playing a foe off a win. Finally, Navy applies to the most profitable subset to this system which is a near-perfect 16-2 ATS since 1980. With Rutgers defeating Buffalo 38-3 in its home opener, the Midshipmen become an 89% ATS winning proposition!

Navy head coach Paul Johnson is 19-9 ATS as an underdog, including a remarkable 10-3 ATS as a road underdog, 17-6 ATS on the road, 31-17 ATS versus non-conference opponents and a perfect 4-0 ATS following a win where they failed to cover the number. Navy also applies to a powerful 82-31 ATS game two technical situation and a 53-14-3 ATS game two underdog angle, the latter of which has not lost since 2004.

Since 1990, Navy is a profitable 81-37 ATS on road or neutral fields, including 63-22 ATS when they are not coming off consecutive wins. And, if Navy is facing an opponent with a win percentage of .500 or better, they zoom to 32-8 ATS! Finally, the Midshipmen are 32-7 ATS on the road with double-digit revenge and apply to another technical angle of mine that is 27-5 ATS since 1983.

Old Post 09-07-07 08:39 PM
tmc771 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmc771 Click here to Send tmc771 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tmc771
FoxDen Hall of Famer

great writeup

and I agree ....got navy at +16.5 at betjamaica..gl to us playing on this one

Old Post 09-07-07 09:17 PM
tmc771 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmc771 Click here to Send tmc771 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
highrize
FoxDen Hall of Famer

good write up

Where is osk?? Why can't he post his own plays??

Haven't been here for awhile

My computer blew up a few months ago and I took the time off sports investing to enjoy the summer with the family

Good Luck Everybody

Good Luck Everybody

Old Post 09-07-07 11:16 PM
highrize is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highrize Click here to Send highrize a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Capperinthepine

I sorry I am not sold on Navy. This is not last years team that dominated....don't get caught up an how well they did in 06. A lot of departures from that team. Navys performance at Temple did not impress. And yes I know Temple has improved, but they are still Temple. Lay the # with Rutgers or tease it down with another game on Sat.

GL to all tonight.

Old Post 09-07-07 11:20 PM
Capperinthepine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Capperinthepine Edit post   Report post
TOOT

line movement wants people on navy. looks like a setup. either take rutgers or stay away. if navy was to show up the line would have stayed at 12. 42-20 rutgers.

Old Post 09-07-07 11:22 PM
TOOT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOOT Click here to Send TOOT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
hightimes
FoxDen Hall of Famer

highrize

osk went pro........

Old Post 09-07-07 11:23 PM
hightimes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hightimes Click here to Send hightimes a Private Message Edit post   Report post
thedoc
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I agree with Osk, for a change.

Old Post 09-07-07 11:24 PM
thedoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thedoc Click here to Send thedoc a Private Message Edit post   Report post
highrize
FoxDen Hall of Famer

osk went pro

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

So he became a tout

should have seen it coming

changing Dr. Bob's writes up a bit should make u money

lol

man I missed this place

Good Luck Everybody

Old Post 09-07-07 11:31 PM
highrize is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highrize Click here to Send highrize a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sneaky Pete

High Rise

Your last comment just made me spit out my tea I'm drinking. You are hilarious. I remember our big debate about him taking DR. Bob's picks and now he is a pro. LOL I have not been here in a while either but I am glad I read that post. Good Luck this season.

Sneaky Pete

Remember, Be Smart Not Greedy

Old Post 09-08-07 12:05 AM
Sneaky Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sneaky Pete Click here to Send Sneaky Pete a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Rampage
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Does anyone know anything...

About this Dr. Bob guy. I read some big long deal about him in the Wall Street Journal. Went to check him out.

Says he is 55.7% lifetime, sounds like an honest number but not all that impressive. 59-61% lifetime, now that would be impressive in NCAAF

whadya's say bout' this dude!

Old Post 09-08-07 12:12 AM
Rampage is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rampage Click here to Send Rampage a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Rampage
FoxDen Hall of Famer

BTW

I am on the the pick with Navy as well in my own post but it will be a nail biter for us to win I think

GL to Navy Backers Tonight!

Old Post 09-08-07 12:13 AM
Rampage is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rampage Click here to Send Rampage a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sneaky Pete

GO NAVY

I am with you Rampage. Go Navy. I just thought it was funny about High Rise talking about Osk going pro. I agrre with the pick, just some personal feelings about Osk that made me laugh when I read that. Good Luck to all Navy backers. It could be a trap so I'm playing small. YOU ALL PROBABLY HAVE NOTICED THAT EVERY YEAR AT THE BEGINNING VEGAS LIKE TO PAY THE PUBLIC ON THE WEEKDAYS AND THEN TAKE IT ALL BACK OVER THE WEEKEND. And if I have my stats correct, it was always on a Friday night that the favorite covered and the public won big. Anyway, have to stick to the facts and if this game is legit then Navy should be the play, just going to be safe and play it small.

Sneaky Pete

Remember, Be Smart Not Greedy

Old Post 09-08-07 12:46 AM
Sneaky Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sneaky Pete Click here to Send Sneaky Pete a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RiverRat

Hey where can I find osk free picks? Can you give out the website here or email me?

Thanks

Old Post 09-08-07 04:38 AM
RiverRat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiverRat Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

Dr Bob moves the lines that is for sure. Look what he did to the Oregon/Michigan line.

He went on a serious run a few years back, to me hes just average and someone will post his football picks in here every weekend for you to view.

GL this weekend.

Why osk stayed on 16 and didnt buy it up to 17 or 17.5 is beyond me. He made a big mistake there.

Old Post 09-08-07 04:44 AM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TOOT

Osk's website is oskssportspicks.com he did a nice job with it

Old Post 09-08-07 04:58 AM
TOOT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOOT Click here to Send TOOT a Private Message Edit post   Report post
TOOT

sorry oskssportspicks.com

Old Post 09-08-07 04:59 AM
TOOT

i cant type oskssportspicks.com

Old Post 09-08-07 04:59 AM
RiverRat

are you sure thos site don't work when I try them?

Old Post 09-08-07 04:50 PM
RiverRat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiverRat Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: