StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

Who will cover in Super Bowl XLI?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Indianapolis Colts -7 26 28.57%
Chicago Bears +7 65 71.43%
Total: 91 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl XLI
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): « 1 [2]

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
FireMillen
FoxDen Hall of Famer

bears ARE frauds

tex, are you saying that the bears have not faced a well balanced team yet? I too agree that the bears are a joke and yet they just keep winning. It's said that god watches over fools and children, and the bears are both, but they just keep winning. If the superbowl is all about the QB, how did the steelers win last year? Is Roethlessburger a better QB than Hasselpuke? I don't think any stretch of the imagination can make that conclusion, but the seahawks lost convincingly.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Old Post 01-25-07 07:34 PM
FireMillen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FireMillen Click here to Send FireMillen a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

Da Bears

The Bears defense isn't going to allow Peyton to sit in the pocket and throw at will. It's gonna be a busy day for Mr. Manning. I think it's gonna be a lot like that Rams/Patriots Super Bowl--the Bears physical defense against the Colts finesse offense.

Old Post 01-25-07 07:35 PM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

Week 1 playoffs:

KC at Indy -7

Super Bowl

Chicago v. Indy -7

--Chicago is a far more superior team then KC, who backed into the playoffs and Indy was playing at home where they were undefeated at this season.

Any ideas on why this line is very similar, when it shouldnt be?

The public is going to be all over the bears and the points, they are flat out telling us Indy wins this game and covers.

Dungy should put 8 men in the box and let Trainrex try to beat them.

Old Post 01-25-07 08:41 PM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Actionbrett

FireMillen, BTW i agree with your name.

but the seahawks lost convincingly

Seattle clearly dominated Pittsburg last year in the SB, blown officiating calls and the randel-el pass were flukes.

Old Post 01-25-07 08:45 PM
Actionbrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Actionbrett Click here to Send Actionbrett a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BostonPhil

Bears Win

Patriots were one first down away from victory, despite the fact that their defensive line was beat up, their linebackers are old, had no ground game and their receivers are average at best. Bears win with superior ground game, defense and special teams.

Old Post 01-26-07 02:32 AM
BostonPhil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BostonPhil Click here to Send BostonPhil a Private Message Edit post   Report post
drPepper
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Super Bowl Sunday is here!

Everybody vote! I know there are way more than 66 members here who have an opinion. Lets get a real consensus.

Old Post 02-04-07 05:35 AM
drPepper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drPepper Click here to Send drPepper a Private Message Edit post   Report post
stoneinfocus

Gotta go with...

The Bears...and the Under

My plays:

2-Team Parlay:
Bears +7.5 (bought .5 hook)
Under 49.5 (bought 1.5 hook)
100 pays 197

My insurance play:
7-point 2-team teaser
Bears +14
Under 55

Keep In Mind:
-The weather will be windy and the field will be damp and muddy. This will breed a defensive battle and lots of FG attempts, not long-bomb touchdown passes.

-Da Bears know the key to victory will be to keep the ball out of Manning's hands. I expect to see a good mix of run plays along with safer mid-range passes to big targets like Muhammed and Desmond Clark. Bears will look to eat up clock and keep Payton off the field.

PROJECTED OUTCOME:
BEARS 23
COLTS 20

Old Post 02-04-07 06:06 AM
stoneinfocus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stoneinfocus Click here to Send stoneinfocus a Private Message Edit post   Report post
4ACES
FoxDen Hall of Famer

colts and over for me gla...

Old Post 02-04-07 06:29 AM
4ACES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4ACES Click here to Send 4ACES a Private Message Edit post   Report post
PizzaBoyRick
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The BEARS special teams will be the difference!!! BEARS +7 & a wager on the BEARS moneyline.

Old Post 02-04-07 07:49 AM
PizzaBoyRick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PizzaBoyRick Click here to Send PizzaBoyRick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Badger24
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Like the Colts -3 1/2 -160 at VIP

Old Post 02-04-07 03:17 PM
Badger24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Badger24 Click here to Send Badger24 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
timande
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Colts. Come on guys! This is a NO BRAINER.

Old Post 02-04-07 03:47 PM
timande is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timande Click here to Send timande a Private Message Edit post   Report post
emu

i took the colts and 1st half under. seeing that most of you guys are on the bears makes me very nervous. good luck to all and have a very good superbowl.

Old Post 02-04-07 09:22 PM
emu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for emu Edit post   Report post
timande
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sorry whoever was on Chicago. Too much pressure on Grossman. Goodnight.

Old Post 02-05-07 04:33 AM
timande is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timande Click here to Send timande a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: