StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Major League Baseball **Top Plays** (8/25/06)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Major League Baseball **Top Plays** (8/25/06)

**Top Play #1**

Kansas City Royals (+1.5) (-135) over Toronto Blue Jays*

*Please list both pitchers--2.25 units

Play On - Any team (Kansas City) - hot hitting team - batting .315 or better over their last 10 games, with a cold starting pitcher- ERA >= 7.50 over his last 3 starts.
(42-21 over the last 5 seasons; 66.7%)

This system is 29-11 since 2002.

Luke Hudson is an above-average pitcher who is 5-0 with a 3.30 ERA at night. Moreover, putting aside his disastrous start against the Indians on 8/13, Hudson has been very impressive. For example, he pitched 7 solid innings against Oakland (yielding 1 run), 7 innings against Chicago (yielding 3 runs), 6 innings against Texas (yielding 2 runs) and 6 innings against Boston (yielding 3 runs).

Meanwhile, his counterpart, Shaun Marcum, has been getting drilled by opposing teams as reflected in his 8.44 ERA over his last three starts. In short, Marcum stinks and I'll take the hot-hitting Royals to rough him up even more tonight.

Take the Royals on the run line for a 2.25 unit investment.
-----------------------------------------------------------
**Top Play #2**

Kansas City Royals (+150) over Toronto Blue Jays--1 unit*

*Please list both pitchers

See above for analysis.

Good luck!

"Don't give up. . .Don't Ever Give Up!" --Jimmy Valvano

Old Post 08-25-06 10:45 PM
osk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osk Click here to Send osk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
QUARTS
Banned User

it's weird, I was actually going to post KC as a MLB pick today as well. Since we are thinking alike I will put a wager on KC for 1 unit. GL!

Old Post 08-25-06 10:48 PM
QUARTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for QUARTS Edit post   Report post
msudogs

osk

hope you're having a great time, i'll tail & looking at others also
GL

Old Post 08-25-06 10:51 PM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
geminimoon
FoxDen Hall of Famer

love the play im on it

the "team" is what makes a person so great. the more we use each other the better we will become!

quote by geminimoon

Old Post 08-25-06 10:55 PM
geminimoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geminimoon Click here to Send geminimoon a Private Message Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Final **Top Plays**

**Top Play #3**

Oakland Athletics (-110) over Texas Rangers--1.25 units*

--------------------------------------------------
**Top Play #4**

Detroit Tigers (-110) over Cleveland Indians--1 unit*

**Top Play #5**

Colorado Rockies (-145) over San Diego Padres--1 unit*

Record to Date (MLB): 107-92-0 (+2.57 units)*

*I'll be out for the entire evening as I'm supposed to be on 'vacation' with my girlfriend. She's been patient with my handicapping today (due to inclement weather) so I better behave tonight and put down the laptop.

Enjoy the games and have a great weekend! I'll try to check in tomorrow morning.

Old Post 08-25-06 10:57 PM
osk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osk Click here to Send osk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bike
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WoW

Good Luck. Going against the grain here... I think this is a bad spot for the Royals. They took a long plain ride after getting their brians beet in.

Bike

Old Post 08-25-06 11:14 PM
Bike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bike Click here to Send Bike a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Rakster

I was on KC first thing this morning.. good to see!
Also like Seattle and Minny tonight, both +$$$

Old Post 08-26-06 12:15 AM
Rakster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rakster Click here to Send Rakster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
richamp

No bet on the Royals,

but played the twins +110 and cubs +155

curently #12 in contest

Old Post 08-26-06 12:21 AM
richamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richamp Edit post   Report post
steveko
FoxDen Hall of Famer

osk

good luck tonight

Old Post 08-26-06 12:22 AM
steveko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveko Click here to Send steveko a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Craiger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Osk

Hope you're enjoying your vacation. But doesn't it seem like everytime you take a girlfriend out of town you see the most beautiful women in the world everywhere you turn, LOL.

Old Post 08-26-06 01:36 AM
Craiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craiger Click here to Send Craiger a Private Message Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

Update

Oakland Athletics--Winner
Colorado Rockes--Winner
Kansas City Royals--Loss
Detroit Tigers--Loss

Record to Date (MLB): 109-94-0 (+.30 units)*

*Just a terrible call on the Royals last night; I'm sorry for that one, guys.

Have a nice weekend.

"Don't give up. . .Don't Ever Give Up!" --Jimmy Valvano

Old Post 08-26-06 02:23 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: