StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > National Basketball Association **TOP PLAYS** (5/31/06)
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

National Basketball Association **TOP PLAYS** (5/31/06)

**TOP PLAY #1**

Detroit Pistons (-5) over Miami Heat

I have patiently waited all day for the public to bring this line down to the present '5'. I have said it before and I will say it again: if you spot a perceived line error, always side with the error. By doing so, you are essentially siding with the vegas books which is not a bad thing, especially when over 70% of the public are on the other side. Tonight, the squares can't stop themselves from wagering on Miami (at a clip of 72% in some spots) and, as such, are falling for the quentessential trap line.

You have to ask yourself one question: how in the world did Detroit open up as a 7-point favorite when they haven't covered a spread since FDR was president? How could the oddsmakers give Miami seven points when they continue to win and cover on a consistent basis? Exactly. It's a perfect trap line and I'm not biting! The public are going to get slaughtered tonight; I can't run fast enough from the masses of asses. Detroit will win and cover this spot, trust me.

Detroit is 6-3 ATS avenging a road loss of 10+ points and 2-0 ATS after playing two consecutive games as an underdog. They are also 5-2 ATS when failing to cover the spread in 4+ consecutive games.

Miami is 26-34 ATS after playing two consecutive games as a favorite and 20-26 ATS after playing at home. This is a good letdown spot for Miami and the Pistons will jump all over them from the opening tip.

Fade the public tonight and, by doing so, you'll make some good money. All Pistons. All night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
**TOP PLAY #2**

Detroit Pistons (ML) over Miami Heat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck!

Record to Date (Top Plays): 98-60-3 (62.0%)

"Don't give up. . .Don't Ever Give Up!" --Jimmy Valvano

Old Post 06-01-06 01:02 AM
osk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osk Click here to Send osk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
steveko
FoxDen Hall of Famer

good luck tonight on it

Old Post 06-01-06 01:05 AM
steveko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveko Click here to Send steveko a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

OS

guess it's time for a parlay
GL

Old Post 06-01-06 01:08 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
worldcup

Os, MSU

How confident on this game are you? How many units?

Friday is very confident with you two. This should be a huge play??

Old Post 06-01-06 01:29 AM
worldcup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for worldcup Click here to Send worldcup a Private Message Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

worldcup

I'm very confident in my Detroit pick.

As for msudogs, just look at his record, particularly in the NBA playoffs. You should be very confident in his 'under' selection.

GL

Old Post 06-01-06 01:37 AM
osk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osk Click here to Send osk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
green2145

?

Detroit is playing with no heart,how can you put money on them?I gotta go with the heat,they might close this out tonight.

Old Post 06-01-06 01:45 AM
green2145 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for green2145 Click here to Send green2145 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
worldcup

Green

Be careful, these guys have been right on with high %. And Friday has some crazy information and if all three are in this should be a huge win

I know Detroit has been tired and not playing well, however, they are at home and with their lives at stake..

I'm in with Det.. I will tail you guys on this!!

Thanks!

Old Post 06-01-06 01:53 AM
worldcup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for worldcup Click here to Send worldcup a Private Message Edit post   Report post
un1bomber
FoxDen Hall of Famer

gl tonight os.. hope the pistons show up!

Old Post 06-01-06 02:06 AM
un1bomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for un1bomber Click here to Send un1bomber a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jim125us66

AS ALWAYS

With you all the way Osk!

Old Post 06-01-06 02:11 AM
jim125us66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jim125us66 Click here to Send jim125us66 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
osk
StatFox Hall Of Famer

*Update*

Detroit Pistons (-5)--Winner

Detroit Pistons (ML)--Winner

Record to Date (Top Plays): 100-60-3 (62.5%)

Congratulations to my friend, msudogs, who hit yet another totals play in the NBA. Great job, sir.

Time to get some sleep. . .

Old Post 06-01-06 04:51 AM
msudogs

os

nice call yourself i believe a parlay was the order of the day, as stated earlier, see ya thursday.

Old Post 06-01-06 04:54 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mattk
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Good job. Glad to see you nail the coffin shut!

Old Post 06-01-06 04:54 AM
mattk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattk Click here to Send mattk a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Yoda

Sweet pics! Thanks again!

Old Post 06-01-06 05:15 AM
Yoda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yoda Click here to Send Yoda a Private Message Edit post   Report post
zbt
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Osk, you know your stuff! Keep it up!

Old Post 06-01-06 05:18 AM
zbt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zbt Click here to Send zbt a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Vaitek
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Great Call

Looks like a profitable night at the old Fox.

Old Post 06-01-06 05:20 AM
Vaitek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vaitek Click here to Send Vaitek a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bhsu9999

Man you're on fire. I missed your PHX play yesterday but jumped on board tonight. Yes that line really sucked in the public on DET. Glad we were on the right side. Many thanks again.

Old Post 06-01-06 05:25 AM
bhsu9999 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bhsu9999 Edit post   Report post
burytheb
FoxDen Hall of Famer

great call osk

i had detroit in the first half. with your insight went game ats and ml.

great handicapping

burytheb

Burytheb

Old Post 06-01-06 12:04 PM
burytheb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burytheb Click here to Send burytheb a Private Message Edit post   Report post
joker
Banned User

2x1

another joke!

Old Post 06-04-06 12:19 AM
joker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joker Click here to Send joker a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: