StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Preakness
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): « 1 [2]

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

There Is No Need To Fix Anything

It's PARI-MUTUEL wagering. The bettors are playing against EACH OTHER, not the house. This is what Pimlico gets OFF THE TOP-regardless of which horse wins:

Win, place, and show: 18%
Daily Double and Exacta: 21%
Trifecta, Superfecta and Pick-6 wagering: 25.75%
Pick-3 and Pick-4: 14%

Old Post 05-25-06 12:59 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lag123

You are missing all of the other illegal bettors and off shore non sense. Bodog had him at 1-10. Don't be so naive.

Old Post 05-25-06 01:14 AM
lag123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lag123 Edit post   Report post
lag123

When I say they, I am not referring to the track. They made a ton of cash by hurting this horse. That is a fact.

Old Post 05-25-06 01:16 AM
lag123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lag123 Edit post   Report post
CHOP
StatFox Hall of Famer

First Of All, I'm Not "Naive"

I've probably been betting longer than you've been living. I've been a bookie, worked for bookies, and know some people that are still "connected".

Even if there was something amiss in the Preakness (which I doubt), what's the point of bringing it up in this Forum?

You're just looking for agreement, which you're not going to get from me.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, and this is my LAST post regarding your "topic".

Old Post 05-25-06 01:23 AM
CHOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHOP Click here to Send CHOP a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Johnny Gator

Preakness

I am not so sure about the fix being in. If it was, I hope it is in for the Belmont. I had 8,3,,7,5 I won the exacta, trifecta and, the superfecta. Fix some more. I need the cheese!

Old Post 05-25-06 01:31 AM
Johnny Gator is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny Gator Click here to Send Johnny Gator a Private Message Edit post   Report post
lag123

That is fair. I was just curious if anyone else agreed with this theory. I respect your opinion. I think you just confused my "they" comment. Go Braves.

Old Post 05-25-06 01:32 AM
Johnny Gator

Lag123

I think when money is involved, anything can happen. I was not knocking you theory.Just running my mouth. GL

Old Post 05-25-06 08:24 AM
Johnny Gator is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny Gator Click here to Send Johnny Gator a Private Message Edit post   Report post
eno
FoxDen Hall of Famer

If they scratched that horse, millions would have been lost in track take, since he was on over half the tickets. If he was a 50-1 shot they may have scratched him after breaking thru the gate.

People don't have gambling problems. People have losing problems.

Old Post 05-25-06 02:00 PM
eno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eno Click here to Send eno a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rugrat

Guys - let me put a stop to all the debate. One of my best friends who lives in Baltimore confidentially told me he has SEEN the body of Barbaro lying in a barn in an area of Maryland called Towson. End of conversation.

Old Post 05-26-06 12:21 AM
rugrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rugrat Edit post   Report post
lag123

Associated Press, May 25 2006... Flags will be flying at half mast as Barbaro heads for the glue factory. See page 37

Old Post 05-26-06 12:28 AM
rugrat

wow. just saw this as well. unreal

Old Post 05-26-06 12:46 AM
rugrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rugrat Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

May 25, 4:32 PM EDT

Recovering Barbaro shows usual feistiness

KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) -- Barbaro is showing his usual feistiness as he recovers from his shattered leg in the Preakness, and the Kentucky Derby winner is being showered with gifts - from flowers to religious ornaments.

The 3-year-old bay colt eagerly greeted a treat-bearing doctor Thursday morning, delighting on the fresh baby carrots she had brought.

"He approached the door like a good, healthy colt would," said Corinne Sweeney, executive hospital director at the George D. Widener Hospital for Large Animals at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center. "His ears (went) forward and he gobbled them down. And that's just what you want."

Mountains of gifts continued to pour into the hospital for the colt, who underwent six hours of surgery that left him with a plate and 27 screws in his right hind leg. They include flowers, food and several medals and statues of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals to Roman Catholics.

Barbaro remains in the hospital's intensive care unit, where visitors are limited to select staff and owners Roy and Gretchen Jackson. His vital signs, which are checked frequently, continue to look good.

"He looks great," said Dr. Dean Richardson, his surgeon. "He looks as good as he possibly could."

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Please view this site. Donations of any kind are always appreciated by these brave people.

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Remember, Freedom isn't Free, thousands have paid the price so you can enjoy what you have today.

Old Post 05-26-06 01:34 AM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Gush
Banned User

lag123

Your a friggen idiot, you obviously have nothing good to add to this forum so do us all a favor and get the hell out!

Old Post 05-26-06 02:01 AM
The Gush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Gush Click here to Send The Gush a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: