StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > horse racing info
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Blimbeck

horse racing info

I am interested in learning how to bet on horses are there any sites out there that have statistics and information like that for horses what do some of the people here use???

thank you

adam

Old Post 04-03-06 02:00 AM
Blimbeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blimbeck Edit post   Report post
The Hip

horse racing logic

I have been playing the horses for 20 years + and can recommend a few pieces of literature for you. First, there is plenty available for purchase through the DRF (Daily Racing Form) website...drf.com

I would also check out some books at a Barnes and Noble or whatever big store you have in your area. Under sports, look for any book on speed handicapping from Andrew Beyer....particularly Beyer on Speed.

My college roommate is a stellar handicapper and he has several pieces of information he has published for his clients. I have a few that I could get you by e-mail or I can send them out to you via mail. Start with the easy stuff and try to master just the simple tips on handicapping for speed/pace, class, etc.

send me an e-mail at bryanc@speedsite.com

Good luck. Horse playing can be very lucrative if you become a student of the game.

Old Post 04-03-06 02:52 PM
The Hip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Hip Edit post   Report post
PokerBroker

Couple of books

Hello,

Agree with the Hip that "Beyer on Speed" is a very good book. He has a witty writing style too.

My favourite book on horse racing is Tom Brohamer's, "Modern Pace Handicapping". Loads of great information in there.

All the best, PokerBroker

Old Post 04-03-06 09:41 PM
PokerBroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PokerBroker Click here to Send PokerBroker a Private Message Edit post   Report post
kicknback

Since 1970 cappin

Beyer on Speed,, Brohammers MPH.. both on my best 5 list they are A-1.,,,,, Also anything by Bill Quirin,Steve Davidowitz, and also Jim Lehane(("CALIBRATION HANDICAPPING" or something close to those spellings LOL..good luck.... Get threw those keepem for long time reference practice with mind bets for a couuple months... then $2 win/place bets.. for a long time... great game .. long learning curve.

calibration handicapping should be read last of the bunch and often..for a novice/or long time pro.. . IMO

screw all software for a couple years use the Daily Racing FORM or Brisnet past performances .. i prefer DRF .. later best to ya ..

Old Post 04-04-06 02:01 AM
kicknback is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kicknback Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: