StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Super Bowl writeup
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): « 1 [2]

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
justinfischer

What you Pitt supporters are missing

Everyone talks about how Seattle has played an easy schedule and that Pitt is way more "battle tested." Am I missing something??? Didn't Pitt just beat a Cincy team without their starting QB, an Indy team that did not play a meaningful game for the last two months, and a Denver team that got manhandled by New England but had the benefit of some timely turnovers and bad calls just to escape that game.

And why is everyone down on Seattle's playoff wins. Redskins were one of the hottest teams coming in to the playoffs and Seattle ran through them without Alexander and then manhandled Carolina. Yeah, I know Carolina was beat up , but that game was not even close.

Old Post 02-03-06 04:01 PM
justinfischer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justinfischer Edit post   Report post
marley

think Indy rest/rust factor is irrelivant, look at Philly last yr, they held starters out even longer than colts and were fine.

Wash was hot team, but they prob shouldnt even still been playing. they had worst offensive yds of a team that won a playoff game ever.

Old Post 02-03-06 04:11 PM
marley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marley Click here to Send marley a Private Message Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

marley

I stand corrected, meant to say this. This is also the first time that a low seed (less than #3) has opened as a favorite against a #1 seed.

Old Post 02-03-06 04:29 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
marley

actually think I messed up too, think Balt was #4 seed

Old Post 02-03-06 05:10 PM
marley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marley Click here to Send marley a Private Message Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Well it's certainly the first time a #6 seed has advanced, never mind being favored in a Super Bowl. A lot of seeds to plant for sure. lol

Old Post 02-03-06 06:15 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
maverick

justinfischer.......

Seattle hardly "ran through" the redskins......it was a very close game all the way and without the 3rd and long Max Strong run the redskins would have had the ball and a chance to tie the game with about 4 minutes left..........good close game........

Old Post 02-03-06 06:39 PM
maverick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maverick Edit post   Report post
BWELL316
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Didn't Seattle play the game without their MVP? They still won by 10 right? Just checking....

www.twitter.com/mattyinmaine

Record since 1/1/2010: 19-7

Old Post 02-03-06 06:45 PM
BWELL316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWELL316 Click here to Send BWELL316 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ZZZZ
FoxDen Hall of Famer

4 PTS

THE GAME HAS TO BE CLOSE because they have to sell beer and spots on tv and keep all the fannys in their chairs till the end of the game... the refs will keep it close.....z

Old Post 02-03-06 06:47 PM
ZZZZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ZZZZ Click here to Send ZZZZ a Private Message Edit post   Report post
marley

this is only 2nd time ever the #1 offense and defense meet in the super bowl (total yds). the 1st time the #1 D (TB) beat #1 O (Oak).

all time records in super bowls of:
-#1 offense are 7-5 su (all the losers were #1 seeds)

-#1 defenses are 7-3 su (1 loss was in strike season and other 2 losses were before the merger and vs #2 rank D)

Old Post 02-03-06 07:26 PM
maverick

"Didn't Seattle play the game without their MVP? They still won by 10 right? Just checking...."

You could technically have a game that ends with a point difference of higher than 10 .......and it could still be a close game.....

Maybe if you watched the Seattle vs Redskins game..... you would also have noticed that Seattle hardley "ran through" the Skins.........

Just cause they won by 10 has nothing to do with it.......if fact if Moss doesnt drop the last pass then Seattle would have won by 3.........

Old Post 02-03-06 10:40 PM
maverick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maverick Edit post   Report post
RDTrains
StatFox Hall of Famer

Final wager

So much for taking it easy. I've had a good year in FB (albeit better in NCAA) so WTF. I almost changed my mind and went Pitt (as I did last year from Philly +7 to NE -7) but I'm sticking with my original choice come Hell or high water.

Seattle +4 (-105) for 24 units
Over 46' for 10 units
Over 1st qtr 9' (-120) for 5 units

Break a leg everyone, I'm going to party like it's 1999!

Old Post 02-05-06 11:07 PM
RDTrains is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RDTrains Click here to Send RDTrains a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

yeah baby

Sport : NFL Football
Selection : Sea. 1st Q-Special T/Pit. 1st Q-Special T 2/5/2006 6:30:01 PM - EST
Total Points OVER 7½ -125 for Game

Old Post 02-05-06 11:18 PM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster65@bellso
FoxDen Hall of Famer

me too!

2:13pm
5-Feb-06 3:20pm
5-Feb-06 Football
Total Seattle Seahawks/Pittsburgh Steelers (O 45) for Game -123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6AewsqzhTQ

"do not have sex with an animal that has not been declawed"

"MAMA HAS APPROVED THIS MESSAGE"

Old Post 02-05-06 11:21 PM
buster65@bellso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster65@bellso Click here to Send buster65@bellso a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

WORTH A SHOT

NFL Propositions
Superbowl XL Props
Contest Type Props
First Half/Game Result

122) Steelers 1h, Seahawks game +780

Old Post 02-05-06 11:36 PM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dld3151
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just when you thought it was over, we got a ballgame again.

Old Post 02-06-06 02:56 AM
dld3151 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dld3151 Click here to Send dld3151 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: