StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > A great man once said
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
WhiteWater

bigdadi

I seriously doubt a great man said that. No great man would use the word "shhit" or a language like that for that matter.

By the way, my sources tell me that you are from China. Is that true ? I must admit that I am blown away because you do not fit the chinese temperament.

The chinese I know are very mellow and cool like a rock. You, on the other hand, have a humor flat like Pepsi Cola.

What's wrong, my "dear" chinese friend ?

Are you eating those eggrolls or are you smoking them ? ;-)

Old Post 07-19-05 03:16 PM
WhiteWater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteWater Edit post   Report post
eno
FoxDen Hall of Famer

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Old Post 07-19-05 03:19 PM
eno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eno Click here to Send eno a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

White Water, aka Midas/Defcon

You had already stepped into trap No.1, starting talking more and more. The more you talk, the quicker you repeat history.

Old Post 07-19-05 05:19 PM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
WhiteWater

bigdadi

Thank you for the warning.

I will consider it should I ever find myself locked up in a gullak in some brutal and ruthless dictatorship out there.

Meanwhile, let me enjoy freely the privilege and the God given right.

Amen.

Old Post 07-19-05 05:26 PM
WhiteWater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteWater Edit post   Report post
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

Yogi Berra ~

"We make too many wrong mistakes"

"Slump? I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting"

"You can observe a lot by watching"

"It gets late early around here..."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore"

"If I didn't wake up I'd still be sleeping"

"I usually take a two hour nap from 1 to 4"

"If you don't know where you're going, you'll wind up somewhere else"

"The future ain't what it used to be"

"If they don't want to come, you can't stop them"

"Always go to other people's funerals otherwise they won't go to yours"

"You have to give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that isn't enough, in the second half, you have to give what is left."

"Never answer an anonymous letter"

"Think! How the hell are you gonna think and hit at the same time?"

"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel!"

"Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

In Context...
When asked what makes a good manager of a baseball team, he said "A good ball club"

When asked what time it is, he said "What? You mean right now?"

When he was asked if first baseman Don Mattingly had exceeded expectations, Yogi said "I'd say he's done more than that!"

His wife Carmen asked where he would like to be buried, to the reply "Surprise me!"

He was told that he looked cool in his summer suit by the Mayor of New York's wife, and he said "You don't look so hot yourself"

At a dinner in an Italian restaurant, he was asked how many slices should be cut in his pizza, and he replied "You better make it four, I don't think I could eat eight"

Old Post 07-19-05 06:46 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
WhiteWater

My favorite quote

" The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing "

- Edmund Burg

Old Post 07-19-05 07:00 PM
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

One of my favorites...

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

Old Post 07-19-05 08:03 PM
The Stevinator is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Stevinator Click here to Send The Stevinator a Private Message Edit post   Report post
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

And this one I couldn't resist:

"Midas is done"

- Statfox Steve (6/21/2005)

Old Post 07-19-05 08:04 PM
The Stevinator is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Stevinator Click here to Send The Stevinator a Private Message Edit post   Report post
StatFox Steve
Administrator

:-)

Old Post 07-19-05 08:14 PM
StatFox Steve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Steve Click here to Send StatFox Steve a Private Message Edit post   Report post
WhiteWater

The Stevinator

Yep ! I am as done as you are the day when I emailed you to tell you that you were removed from my list and I told you to take a hike.

I deal exclusively with people with integrity. I do not deal with people who would say and do anything to please others so that they can feel accepted because they can't do any better.

And by the way ! I forgot to thank you for all those emails you sent me where you did a fine, fine job kissing up to me.

In the event you want to play the " I don't know what you are talking about " game, let me know so that I can forward to you all the emails you sent me.

I have this practical habit to keep all of them. You never know when you might need them.

What can I say, man ? It is amazing the things you can do with those lips of yours, lol.

Old Post 07-19-05 08:37 PM
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Nabil

What's the matter? Have you sense of humor? How about irony?

I think you might need to , in your words, go smoke an egg roll, lol.

;-)

Old Post 07-19-05 08:43 PM
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

By the way...

...where I come from, saying "thank you" for something isn't sucking up, it's just proper manners.

You want some duck sauce for that egg roll, Nabil?

Old Post 07-19-05 08:46 PM
WhiteWater

The Stevinator

I can tell when somebody is thanking me and I can tell when somebody is royally kissing my behind.

You, on the other hand, were not thanking me, lol

Old Post 07-19-05 08:50 PM
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Gee, do you think you are the only one who saves e-mails? You might be the only one who saves IM's & chats maybe, but not e-mails.

Did you also forget the one where I pointed out AN ERROR in your information? I saved that one too.

Old Post 07-19-05 08:54 PM
WhiteWater

The Stevinator

Oh puuuulllleeeeeease !

Are you running out of arguments ? Don't you recall the email I sent you in response to your comment to let you know that there was no error because the information I passed on to you was the information available at the time I printed it ?

Hello ????

You turned out to be quite a disapointment, Steve ! You smile at somebody to get freebies and you turn around to back stab him.

What kind of a man are you ?

If this is what manhood is all about, I spit on it.

Old Post 07-19-05 08:59 PM
The Stevinator
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Just make sure...

...you spit into a stiff breeze and you will hit the right target.

Old Post 07-19-05 09:05 PM
tdbabe
StatFox Hall of Famer

The superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions.

~ Confuscius

Old Post 07-19-05 09:37 PM
tdbabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tdbabe Click here to Send tdbabe a Private Message Edit post   Report post
MemphisMafia
FoxDen Hall of Famer

tdbabe

How appropriate !

Well Said & Well Done

" You Go Girl "

G.L>

Ms>>MM

Old Post 07-20-05 03:01 AM
MemphisMafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MemphisMafia Click here to Send MemphisMafia a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

OH HELL!THE WOMEN HAVE CHIMED IN!!!!!!!!

are i not a handsome devil ladies???????

Old Post 07-20-05 03:24 AM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
buster
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I AM TRYING TO TAKE BYTORE'S POSITION OF TROLLING THE "DEN" FOR LADIES

Old Post 07-20-05 03:25 AM
buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster Click here to Send buster a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: