StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Derby Leans
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Derby Leans

I think 17 Fierceness is the best horse. His Florida Derby run was impressive. But he hasn’t run 2 good races back to back (look at pps) so in theory he should regress today.

I like 2 Sierra as well. Just wished he had a better price…I think he doesn’t offer great value. Will use him in exotics

My pick is 18 Stronghold. Mid range stalker which I think will be good with this weak field. He will stalk the 17 then pass him on the homestretch…

Other picks I like…11 Forever Young…this horse is for real…if a Japanese horse can win the derby this is the one….he may shock everyone

Longshot…1 Dornoch….grandson of big brown and curlin….he is bred for this….probably sentimental on my side but I think he has a shot

Old Post 05-04-24 08:20 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chris511
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks for your input

Always an interesting race

Old Post 05-04-24 10:11 PM
Chris511 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris511 Click here to Send Chris511 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chris511
StatFox Hall of Famer

I played these in a Tri box

And threw in a horse that has no business being in this race given the lack of experience. Why in the hell is TO Password entered here? Well, if he happens to be the real deal I will have this little insurance lol

Old Post 05-05-24 12:03 AM
Chris511 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris511 Click here to Send Chris511 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The Derby is always super hard to cash with so many ponies. I faded Mystik so lost quite a bit, but oh well. That was a very fun and exciting race, even being on the losing end.

Stronghold got a terrible ride to say the least. Was hoping to at least get some money back on my WPS.

Old Post 05-05-24 05:54 PM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: