StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Question for Star Top PLay Players
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

Question for Star Top PLay Players

If the top play is 20-2 so far this year and a great record last year, why would you play anything else that day? I think Nick probably does only play the top play each day but I see a lot of other games being played with a lot lower win percentage by others that supposedly play the top play. I'm just curious. It's harder to chase a loss if you lose more than one game. I dont agree with chasing your losses the next day but if the system goes the way its going you would have no problem getting your money back right away.

As far as the private forum goes, it wouldnt bother me one bit as long as this stayed the way it is. On any given day, in VIGS tourney, there are so many 5 star plays that you cant tell what the top play is always anyway. I dont think people are really betting 5 units on these games and some days I dont think some of these 5 unit games are being bet at all. If the forum is going to be great every person should give a little more in sight on why their picking their games and be honest with the rest of us on how many units you are playing. I can see posting picks for the tourney that you are not playing and betting higher than you do normally to catch up to the top but let us know. EX. I'm playing the Yankees today for 5 units for the tourney but I really am only betting 2 units today because of my bankroll. THen we can look at your pick and determine how confident we are in your pick. Wow, can you say run on. Basically, what I'm saying is there are other ways to make this forum better other than making a member only section.

Like I said earlier, I don't think I need the sheets for the baseball season, and I have no problem giving out winners on a daily basis, but come football season I would like to invest in an opportunity to see if there are any awesome situation like in baseball. I will not have this opportunity if there is an all member section by then. I will not purchase the sheets for any other season if I don't have guys telling me everyday that they are worth it and showing more with hard evidence. Just my opinion.

Also, to tell you the truth, the way the tourney going, I keep referring to the tourney because hardly anyone else contribute's on a daily basis with picks, other than the star system plays, I dont see very much success. That could be because of what I said earlier some games are bing played in the tourney and not in reality. I see people say I need the Yankees to pull tihs out tonight to break even and then you look at their post and down like 5 or 10 units for the day.

I'll stop now and say nothing else about this members only forum after this. I jsut wanted to state my opinion on this matter and give a few suggestions.

PS: You might have been referring to something else but her goes anyway.

To figure out a pitchers era: Take the amount of earned runs he gave up , multiply it by 9 innings, and divide by the innings he pitched.

era=(ER X 9)/IP 2 er X 9 / 6.0 = 3.00 era

Old Post 04-21-03 06:47 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Nick
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thank You! Another point proven, I learned how to calculate an ERA from a non-member.

Old Post 04-21-03 07:05 PM
Nick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Click here to Send Nick a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I suppose you are talking to me.

I play all of my tourney picks in reality at face value. Sure my tourney bank roll is nothing near yours. I started off slow, especially in the number of units I played (usually only one unit per game). Now I feel confident playing the max, especially with teams that are proven winners. As far as justifying a play in the forum, well, let's just say I have a style. I take the stats, and word them into something, hopefully entertaining to read.

For example, I know Hideki Matsui does well in domes (this series he's batting .400) so I say: "Godzilla In-doors OH MY."

Additionally you haven't answered my question. "Why do you not subscribe to Statfox?" Is it a money issue? Or, do you simply not find any/enough value in them? Just curious, not critical.

Jeff,

You need to relax a little. You know the importance of taking time off, key example yesterday. But, to come back critical of others here, well, let's just say: Ease Up!

Old Post 04-21-03 07:06 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

Just wondering........

I noticed that Toronto has a 51-10 Star advantage but the Statfox estimator doesn't agree with toronto winning.

Would this be a play on toronto, or would it be a no play because the estimator didn't agree?

Old Post 04-21-03 07:23 PM
CJB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CJB Edit post   Report post
bashton1
StatFox Hall of Famer

It is a no play but if it is a dog with a significant amout of difference I will sometimes play as a dog.

I also look at the pen record as well as average runs per game and starting pitchers.

today not a great example but had a gut feeling

for example

Tor ave runs/game = 5.0
Bos = 6.6

Pen
Tor = 40%
Bos = 50%

Starters
Liddle 2-2 w/ 5.76 era
Burkett 1-0 3.5 era

Like I said today not good example but these are what I look at when game estimator says one team and stars heavily outweigh the estimator team!

GL

Old Post 04-21-03 07:31 PM
bashton1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bashton1 Click here to Send bashton1 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dave,

First of all I'm not jumping all over anybody. I was simply stating an opinion that may help some of us. Perfect example. You said you bet:

Sf 4 units loss
KC 5 units win
STL 5 units ml and 5 units rl lost both
New Orelans ML didnt state how many units loss

You also stated you would have betted 10 units ml and 5 rl if the tourney allowed so i'm assuming in reality thats what you bet.

You also stated that you were considering the Yankees but didnt.

The end of the night comes and your stating that you need the Yankees to win the break even for the night. My calculations would mean you had a huge play on the Yankees just to break even. If thats the case you shoulda hooked us all up. I'm not trying to start anything I was just saying based on the information I had from you posting that its hard to believe you either bet what you said you did. Correct me if I missed something.

"WHY DONT I SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHEETS" :

I dont understand why you would keep asking me this question. I already stated that if my success on the bases would stop , I would consider the sheets. I also stated there is a good possiblitly I will have them for football season and next hoops season. What other reason are you looking for?

Nick: your welcome if there's anything else I can help you with just ask.

Old Post 04-21-03 07:31 PM
jeffdane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdane Click here to Send jeffdane a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

an easier way to calculate era: (Earned runs/Innings pitched) * 9

Old Post 04-21-03 07:45 PM
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Read on... and you'll find that the Top Play of the Day was KC. As you read, you'll find I was not aware of the significance of the Fox Sheet Updates. I am now. Sure I was on KC, but not as the Top Play.

Had I known KC was actually the Top Play, I would have recommended 10 units on them instead of 5. Yes I played STL large at Canbet.

To even things, yes I played the Yankees larger. No I didn't "hook you all up." Sorry for that. One reason, was that this was a game-time decision. Just figure the Yankees are a "no brainer."

Better watch your lead. Without the sheets, its in jeopardy. LOL.

GoodLuck

Old Post 04-21-03 07:46 PM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

no comment

Old Post 04-21-03 07:54 PM
DevilDog
FoxDen Hall of Famer

In response Jeff to why don't we just play the top star system pick.....we probably should!! I don't just play that pick because I like variety.

The star system top pick is what MOST of my money is on and then I play one or two others. If just one of the others wins and the top star play wins I have done quite well. Works for me.

I usually throw in the Yankess as one of my other games.

Jeff, I didn't know you did not have the sheets. God, now I need to change my mind on wanting a forum for just sheet members!!

You simply are a terrific handicapper of baseball and I wonder if you would be even better with the sheets. Maybe not because maybe they would cloud your views of games. I don't know.

I just know that I would have a very hard time without them.

Dog

Old Post 04-22-03 01:35 AM
DevilDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilDog Edit post   Report post
flldtt
StatFox Hall of Famer

jeffdane

to answer your question, i bet on other games for one reason. I think i can win. I consider my top plays completely separate from my other plays. So as long as I am making money on my side bets by themselves I see no problem in making side bets. With that said I am so glad I found statfox and this top star play thing. It is without question the best betting strategy i have ever seen!

Old Post 04-22-03 03:04 AM
flldtt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flldtt Edit post   Report post
REB

jeffdane

Since you are not a member here. I have got to wonder why you want to be part of a Tourney. When your record is the same as thelogicalapproach.com
Why would someone buy picks to post on another forum? Ego problem I guess.

We use Statfox..........
We make Money........

Later
AIRBORNE

Old Post 04-22-03 04:08 AM
REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for REB Edit post   Report post
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

REB

"Since you are not a member here. I have got to wonder why you want to be part of a Tourney. When your record is the same as thelogicalapproach.com
Why would someone buy picks to post on another forum? Ego problem I guess."

Who are you? I havent seen anything posted by you. The tourney has nothing to do with statfox. A member of the forum decided to have a friendly tourney, thats it. What are you talking about thelogicalapproach.com? And who is buying picks and posting at other forums? Did I ask who you were yet? Ego, what? THat must have been the dumbest post anyone has ever wrote to me. I asked a simple question which is basically about money management of your bankroll and someone who has less posts than days in a month asks me these questions. Do you stop by every other week and say something stupid or what?

Old Post 04-22-03 08:18 AM
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Busted.

Thelogicalapproach.com is a reputable capping/selection site, from a buddy in LV.

Old Post 04-22-03 08:24 AM
jeffdane
StatFox Hall of Famer

once again no comment

Old Post 04-22-03 08:32 AM
REB

Don't get your panties in a wad.
I was just curious.

Old Post 04-22-03 09:50 AM
REB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for REB Edit post   Report post
CJB
StatFox Hall of Famer

::: Do you stop by every other week and say something stupid or what?:::

heh

Jeff do yourself a favor, don't waste your time with any of these morons. The moment they see someone who's having success, it's their job is to shoot them down back to their level.

Old Post 04-22-03 10:28 AM
StatFox Dave
Administrator

JeffDane

"If the star system is 20-2 why would you play anything else".....Why do you? I see that you know what you are doing so why risk anymore money? If it wins it win..right?

dave

Old Post 04-22-03 04:27 PM
StatFox Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StatFox Dave Click here to Send StatFox Dave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

CJB when you break even (-28) raise your voice. Until then (if "then" arrives) just sit there and be quiet.

Old Post 04-22-03 05:31 PM
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: