StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Presidents Cup Matches
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Presidents Cup Matches

They start today @ 11:30 EDT

Day one is Four-ball Matches. The better ball of the two players against the other teams better ball. The US are heavy favorites in the overall as well as most of the matches.

I am rooting for the US but I am playing the International team in 2 of the opening matches.

Jason Day/Graham Dalaet +105 over Mahan/Snedeker: I feel the wrong team is favored here. Dalaet is in the best form of any of them right now and Day didn't finish worse the 25th in the 4 FedEx events. The nerves and pressure will be on the home American team and Mahan doesn't always handle that well

Schwartzel/Oosthuizen +130 over Phil/Keegan: I know how well this American team played last year in the Ryder Cup. However their last memory was a loss. Oostie is finally healthy and Scwartzel is in the bet form of the whole group. His partner can help him read the greens. Phil does not have a great track record on this course.

Speith/Stricker -175 over Els/DeJonge: The Americans are both great putters (among the best in the world.) Speith is in the best form by far of any of them and he doesn't appear to know what nerves are yet. DeJonge is world class, but I think it just happy to have been selected and Ernie is not in his best form. Els went 1-4 in the matches in 2011.

Best of luck and Enjoy.

Old Post 10-03-13 03:39 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Edit post   Report post
msudogs

thanks for these & the heads up
GL

Old Post 10-04-13 12:20 AM
msudogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Day/Delaet: winner
Oostie/Schwartzel: winner
Speith/Stricker: winner

3-0

Tomorrow is foursomes. Will likely post some more plays in the morning.

Old Post 10-04-13 01:19 AM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Edit post   Report post
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Hellova day today! Nice job

Old Post 10-04-13 03:19 AM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Day Two

I think these matchups are tough to call in this format...who will hurt you the least in the alternative shot is one way to handicap them.

The US is heavily favored to win the overall matches still, but I am not sure they should be.

Here are day 2 foursome picks:

Day Dalaet -110 over Phil/Keegan: I look for the American side to play a little better and rebound, but it turns out they are going against the Internationals toughest (arguably) duo. Keegan is not holing putts Phil is hitting shots in the water. Again, not a great course historically for them.

Els/DeJonge +125 over Mahan/Haas: I think Ernie rebounds and plays a little better today. He can be depended on. DeJonge played fantastic here yesterday which is no surprise since he likes to play a fade (Jack built the course...also played a fade.) This is as much a play against the un-clutch Mahan.

Speith/Stricker -220 over Grace/Sterne: This is a solid American duo that want to play well for each other. I think the price is quite steep as Speith can lose you a hole, with a loose shot, but the two Americans are the better putters and should be able to get the win against the rookie international pair that struggled yesterday.

Scott/Matsuyama -120 over Z Johnson/Dufner: Scott is the strongest player in the group and the young Matsuyama has gelled with the nicely with him. I see them hitting more quality shots and winning this one.

Good Luck and Enjoy the matches.

Old Post 10-04-13 01:35 PM
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Day/Dalaet -110: loss
Els/DeJonge +125: Winner
Stricker/Speith -220: Winner
Scott/Matsuyama -120: Winner

3-1 on Day 2
6-1 Overall for the matches.

I am awaiting the lines for todays matches. They have morning fourballs and Afternoon foursomes.

Of the morning matches, I even though I don't have lines yet, I would favor Schwartzel/Oosthuizen over Snedeker/Mahan.

Will be back shortly if they post the lines.

Good Luck Den.

Old Post 10-05-13 03:00 PM
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

The lines came out quickly.

Saturday Morning Fourballs:

Schwartel/Oosthuizen -115 over Snedeker/Mahan
Kuchar/Tiger +150 over Scott/Matsuyama

That not a typo. Tiger and Kuchar are +150 at Heritage. I am not sure it wasn't a mistake, but I grabbed that line. Both of these matches will go off by 9:25 EDT

Good Luck Den.

Old Post 10-05-13 03:05 PM
cwin32
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Yeah, it's an error. Diamond has -165.

Great job again yesterday. Thanks for posting these

Old Post 10-05-13 03:13 PM
cwin32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwin32 Click here to Send cwin32 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Foursomes this afternoon.

Stricken/Haas-105 over Scott/Matsuyama: Stricker and Haas were steady as could be this morning. Haas made 7 birdies and Stricker is the only thing that kept his match close.

Morning results

Stricker/Speith: loss
Tiger/kuchar: pending

6-2 overall

Good Luck Den.

Old Post 10-05-13 09:53 PM
bostonshamrock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

great stuff bear-thanks

Old Post 10-05-13 11:10 PM
bostonshamrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bostonshamrock Click here to Send bostonshamrock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Haas/Stricker: winner

8-2 Overall

Singles are going today but will go early due to potential Weather. I will look at a few plays once the card comes out and post if time permits.

Old Post 10-06-13 03:17 PM
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Singles Matches

Lines just went up at Heritage

3 matches went off before lines went up unfortunately and I would have played all three.

Anyway, here they are.

Adam Scott -135 over Bill Haas. This is a good price. Billy haas has played well, which is why this is low. I'll take the more accomplished Major Camp here.

Angel Cabrera +160 over Phil. The Brazilian is a little injured but he is prideful and since ths match likely wont matter, Phil may look ahead to the celebration. Plus he is in the 12th slot. Other than this years Openwin, has never really been a closer. More of a fort runner. Anyway, worth a shot against Phil this price.

Tiger -220 over sterne: stage too big.. Upset could happen. I would be shocked though.

Good luck den.

Old Post 10-06-13 04:05 PM
Southern Dandy
FoxDen Hall of Famer

He may have a Brazilian....

But Angel Cabrera is from Argentina.

See you at the window.

sd

Old Post 10-06-13 04:28 PM
Southern Dandy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Southern Dandy Click here to Send Southern Dandy a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bear
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Dandyman...pretty good there. He is Argentinian Now I have to erase the mental image of that big bastard with a Brazilian manscape.

To be clear today's posted plays were available. There were three others that I didn't get to play/post.

Singles results:
Scott over Haas. Winner
Tiger over Sterne. Winner
Cabrera over Phil. Winner

11-2 overall for the matches

Good luck the rest of today.

Old Post 10-06-13 10:52 PM
Birdieman3

golf picks

Thanks Bear

Old Post 10-06-13 11:17 PM
Birdieman3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Birdieman3 Click here to Send Birdieman3 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: