StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > MLB playoff prediction thread
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
rmarq
StatFox Hall of Famer

MLB playoff prediction thread

Like to get everyones opinions on these series.
NL I like both St Louis and Houston to win in 4 games.I will make a series bet on each and also individule game bets on each team chasing until they win 1 game.
AL Yanks in 4 Anaheim in 5 same betting as above.

Old Post 10-04-04 05:38 PM
rmarq is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmarq Edit post   Report post
raypedro
FoxDen Hall of Famer

LA DODGERS

The DODGERS will win the WORLD SERIES. You heard it here first.

Old Post 10-04-04 07:36 PM
raypedro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raypedro Click here to Send raypedro a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Tony DeP.

Houston in four

Los Angeles in five

Anaheim in four

Minnesota in four

Old Post 10-04-04 08:19 PM
Tony DeP. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tony DeP. Edit post   Report post
Hova14
StatFox Hall of Famer

with you Raypedro

LA is the team to watch..... you heard it second....

Minnesota
Houston
LA
Boston

Hova

Old Post 10-04-04 09:36 PM
Hova14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hova14 Click here to Send Hova14 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
trick1978

My thoughts on MLB

Yankees will win against the twins...

Boston will sneak past the Angels

Houston beats up on Atlanta

St. Louis will chill the hot Dodgers

and going all the way to win it all...................

HOUSTON ASTROS

Suprise suprise!! They are getting hot at just the right time....

new mr. october......Carlos Beltran.....

Old Post 10-04-04 10:03 PM
trick1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trick1978 Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Freeway World Series, sorry East Coast types.

Anaheim/Dodgers.

Rallymonkey.com

Vladamir!!!!!

Old Post 10-05-04 01:07 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
theqman
StatFox Hall of Famer

Don't know about long term, but I'll have a Woody tomorrow, lol.

Old Post 10-05-04 01:15 AM
theqman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theqman Click here to Send theqman a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'll take your word for it.

Old Post 10-05-04 01:18 AM
JustDave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustDave Click here to Send JustDave a Private Message Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Didn't know Rafael Palmero's team was in the playoffs.

Old Post 10-05-04 01:19 AM
Badger
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Taking Atlanta over Houston
Houston 0-7 in playoff series with a record of 8-22
1-9 against Atlanta in the playoffs

Old Post 10-05-04 01:45 AM
Badger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Badger Edit post   Report post
JustDave
StatFox Hall of Famer

Cards gave Stros a gift, and consequently (by design) eliminated Cubs (more of a playoff threat.)

Padres are better than the Stros. Houston's playoff run will be very, short, lived.

Old Post 10-05-04 01:50 AM
bigdadi
StatFox Hall of Famer

Because of Ramirez & Ortiz numbers I will play Boston on each game.

Old Post 10-05-04 01:51 AM
bigdadi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdadi Click here to Send bigdadi a Private Message Edit post   Report post
vig
StatFox Hall of Famer

Cardinals
Yankees
Astros
Red Sox

VIG.

Old Post 10-05-04 02:10 AM
vig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vig Edit post   Report post
Ragtop
StatFox Hall of Famer

My selections for Post Season play.

Yankees over Minn. -Too much talant/experience
Anah. over Bos. - Anah. hot.-Boston is still cursed

Yankees over Aneh. No rally monkey will work.-Yankees win

Cards over Da Bums- Too much talant and big bats will roar.
Atl. over Hou. Braves have been there-done that. Hou. peaks.

Cards over Atl.- Too much power.

The home teams rule.

Yanks over Cards in six. The yankees win-The Yankees win.

Old Post 10-05-04 02:28 AM
Ragtop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ragtop Click here to Send Ragtop a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bohdizapha

I'm taking the Cardinals, Braves, Yanks, and BoSox with the Cardinals being my strongest prediction all the way down to the Sox being my weakest . . .

PS . . . I'll be in the Bronx tomorrow night out in the right field beachers with the Bleacher Creatures!!

Old Post 10-05-04 06:25 AM
Bohdizapha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bohdizapha Edit post   Report post
Heavy D
StatFox Hall of Famer

Predictions for MLB DS

NL:

St.L (easy)
Hou (fairly easy)

AL:

Minny (in a close one)
Ana (toss up here)

Old Post 10-05-04 05:19 PM
Heavy D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heavy D Click here to Send Heavy D a Private Message Edit post   Report post
rmarq
StatFox Hall of Famer

I'll be at Yankee game tonight.If they can get by Santana it should be an easy series if not they could be in big trouble.Taking a shot on Angels today behind Washburn at home also on the Cards.

Old Post 10-05-04 05:49 PM
rmarq is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmarq Edit post   Report post
patfrat

"Didn't know Rafael Palmero's team was in the playoffs." That's freaking hilarious, JD.

Today's early bets:
StL + BOS

StL and Woody at home. LA might be a bit tired after this weekend. #'s for Woody's last 3 starts not that impressive, but I believe that the bats should come up big and not let LA's bullpen factor into the equation -- at least not in StL. I assume StL will be rested and confident.

BOS and Schilling in series' openers -- this grabbed from a Covers writeup:

"Schilling is 5-1 in the postseason with an incredible 1.66 ERA. He also sports a 91-17 strikeout-to-walk ratio through 86.2 playoff innings and has been particularly lethal when he first takes the hill in the playoffs...Take a closer look at Schilling and you'll see he's most impressive during his first appearance each postseason he qualifies."

I'll bank on him and his experience. They brought him in to get the job done and that's what he'll do. I'm slightly concerned about this game on the road for BOS, but I'll also look for a slight letdown on ANA's part based on the fact that they fought for their lives against OAK this past weekend.

Still looking at MIN/NYY tonight. Lean towards Santana the witch and MIN as NYY can get a bit complacent at times, but have to look closer at the #s.

Good luck, all.

(This is the best time of the year, 'ain't it? MLB playoffs and Football!)

Old Post 10-05-04 06:24 PM
patfrat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patfrat Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

JD

"Cards gave Stros a gift, and consequently (by design) eliminated Cubs (more of a playoff threat.)"

NOPE!

The Cards did not want to play the Astros. They gave no gifts, they tried to win every one of the games against the Astros. I know you did not watch them but I did and they sure were not laying down, they were playing the hottest team in baseball.

The Cubs are NO playoff threat. They are chokers and they have no pitching to speak of. Ask the Cards fans who they would rather play. Go to their website, they know better than you do about their team. They are worried about playing the Astros, everyone is right now. NO team in baseball is as hot as the Astros. They have beat everyone they needed to to get here. They have the best 1-2 punch in the NL as far as pitching is concerned. They have beaten up on St. Louis this season quite handily. They have found middle relief that they can rely upon. They have as solid a lineup from top to bottom as anyone in baseball. DO NOT THINK the Cards or anyone wants to play a team that has won over 75% of their games the last 1/4 of the season. They would rather play the Cubs, LOL, the team that you never know who they will throw the ball at next. Chipper Jones right before the playoffs, almost knocking him out, how sad the Cubs are like that.

Just because you said the Cubs were so great when the got Nomar and would win the Wild card and they failed there is no need to try and make up an excuse that it was the Cards that DESIGNED it. The Cubs lost their games. All they had to do was win and they could have been in but they did not. The Cubs are not a good ballclub. They had the easiest schedule and a lead in the wildcard and could not take care of business. I guess alot of that had to do with the great baseball the Astros have been playing. You must have missed it.

Old Post 10-05-04 07:48 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
wawtu31
FoxDen Hall of Famer

PAT

Did you parlay STL & BOS? here are my plays for the afternoon still not sure about my NYY, but I believe that Johan will shut them down so I might go TWINS and the UNDER.

OPEN BETS
All Times EasternUpdate Open Bets
Date placed:
Oct 05, 2004 12:57p 2 Team Parlay #5156482
Baseball - MLB
American League Divisional Series
Game can be seen on ESPN
(901) Boston Red Sox -165 Tue@4:05p

Baseball - MLB
National League Divisional Series
Game can be seen on ESPN
(906) St. Louis Cardinals -177 Tue@1:05p

Risk $266.11 to win $402.74

Old Post 10-05-04 07:54 PM
wawtu31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wawtu31 Click here to Send wawtu31 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: