StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Still struggling badly, need help if you can
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
shadrach714
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Postal money order in the mail on monday. There lies a huge difference in assisting and supporting as well as needs and wants. Will do what I can to assist a fellow human being. Come on guys do what you can dont bash the guy hell its tough enough to ask for help.

America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism,its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine those three areas America will collapse from within. Joseph Stalin
....Just something to think about...

Old Post 11-26-12 03:36 AM
shadrach714 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadrach714 Click here to Send shadrach714 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
dingleberry

I don't mind helping, I want to believe me. But not all
Worthy help is monetary. Bbaffert, could you answer my questions please? I'll be in Houston later this week, ill be glad to meet with you and your wife for employment opportunities with the connections I have within 8 miles of your residence.

Old Post 11-26-12 04:01 AM
dingleberry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dingleberry Click here to Send dingleberry a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks so much for sticking up for me. You know you have good friends when you do not even have to show up to be a winner.

I still want to clear things up on my end because I do not want anyone to have any doubts as to our situation.

As for the internet. Yes, it is our one luxury. It costs around $20 a month total so my children, my wife and I can have internet. I signed the contract when we moved before my wife lost her job. Besides that, we have to pay car insurance, electricity, water, rent, some food, dreaded diapers and basic living supplies. We do not have cable tv, we do not have a home phone, we do not smoke, drink or have any bad habits. My sister pays for my wife and 2 of my daughters to have a cell phone and I just got one from safelink 2 months ago with very limited minutes.

I turned 41 November 11th and I got $100 from my family and used it to pay the electric bill.

My daughter turned 17 on October 11th and we have not bought her a gift yet. She is a great kid and understands that she is a priority once we get back on our feet.

My wife has applied at every bar, restaurant and jobs she is qualified for in the area in the last couple weeks since she got over her illnesses. Her drivers license is expired since June and she is driving my parents mini-van with an expired inspection sticker. It also barely runs so those things limit how far she can stretch her job search to. We hope to buy a solid car and fix ours when our taxes come.

Okay, thanks again for sticking up for me. Good people!

Old Post 11-26-12 04:17 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dingleberry

Herb answered the questions pretty well.

If you are going to be in Houston, I would gladly get in touch with you if you think you may be able to get my wife some kind of work in this immediate area. She has experience as a dispatcher and a waitress. We live right on the border of Houston and Cypress.

I think everything else is answered above or in Herb's post.

Old Post 11-26-12 04:21 AM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Chris.Avello

Baff so how did you go from partial racehorse ownership to this?

Old Post 11-26-12 04:37 AM
Chris.Avello is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris.Avello Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Dingle

I gotta go to bed. My email is here, more of my story is at the link. Jobs are 100% welcome.

Email
ramseymichael@sbcglobal.net

Thanks to everyone.

Old Post 11-26-12 04:38 AM
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Chris

Anxiety Disorder = Agoraphobia = Disabled + Funerals = This

It is all here, it sucks, I gotta sleep so very badly.

Old Post 11-26-12 04:43 AM
nxt2g

Dan and ant. U newbies have no real idea what this board is truly about and what he is truly about. He is legit and has some unfortunate issues currently so watch what you say, there Are a few posts spelling his issues out and he doesn't need more greef from new board members. If you can help him then great, if not then stay quiet on the subject.

"I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest." -Muhammad Ali

Old Post 11-26-12 08:27 AM
nxt2g is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nxt2g Click here to Send nxt2g a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

Nxt, these two (or one) clown are or is far from a newbie. That POS Merino has been thrown out of here so many times, that it is embarrassing that this loser has to keep forcing himself into a place where he is not wanted.

I for one appreciate Mike posting picks and thoughts on games here.

Ask Merino what he has ever contributed here for more than 1 month at a time till he got tossed.

"Not everything you read on the internet is accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Old Post 11-26-12 09:59 PM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
nxt2g

Haha I remember that tool merino! I was drunk at the giants game when I wrote that! I appreciate his insight on the NFL also

"I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest." -Muhammad Ali

Old Post 11-27-12 12:27 AM
nxt2g is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nxt2g Click here to Send nxt2g a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mikeb104
StatFox Hall of Famer

It's a shame that some people are struggling and some are just so low that they keep coming into places that they get bounced out of, and post things like they do.They are told that they are losers and not to come back, but they do anyways

Old Post 11-27-12 12:35 AM
mikeb104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeb104 Click here to Send mikeb104 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
uthustler

bol baff

Fort Worth, Tx

Old Post 11-28-12 12:00 AM
uthustler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for uthustler Click here to Send uthustler a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bigbird

Get a job!

McDonald's always hires people.

Old Post 11-28-12 12:06 AM
Bigbird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigbird Click here to Send Bigbird a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Wow

Nothing lower than kicking a man while he's down.

Herbie

Old Post 11-28-12 12:34 AM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
T5A0A7

Big Mick does have a point....

Old Post 11-28-12 12:39 AM
T5A0A7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T5A0A7 Click here to Send T5A0A7 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Quick update

Things are looking up! Well at least that is how I feel today.

The gofundme money came in today so that lifts a huge burden of not knowing how we will make it. No worries about buying diapers again! That is a huge weight off my shoulders. Thank you all.

vai and msandler sent some through paypal in the last day, thank you two.

I just want to say that this help really means something to us. It will give us a few weeks to focus only on my wife getting back to work instead of trying to find gas money. That is a great burden lifted. I thank you.

If you donated or just gave us your prayers or even just a nice email. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. It all matters to us. My older daughters and wife have read most of the messages over my shoulder and they have shed tears. From our family to yours, Thank you!

Old Post 11-28-12 02:39 AM
DRB
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Bigbird.....bring your ass fo WI....so I can kick it. Chris A......unless gour prepared to help...get real. Baff has earned respect over years...and deserves better than cheap questions and comments while hiding behind an avatar. Its all about viving and helping in life. We have all been there...so have some decency.....You never what life will hand you next!

Old Post 11-28-12 08:47 PM
DRB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRB Click here to Send DRB a Private Message Edit post   Report post
DRB
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Giving....sorry

Old Post 11-28-12 08:49 PM
DRB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRB Click here to Send DRB a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Bytore
FoxDen Hall of Famer

DRB, I will donate to you some steel toe boots. lol!

Get a kick in for me!

"Today's Tom Sawyer, he gets high on you
And the space he invades, he gets by on you..."

RUSH

Old Post 11-28-12 09:25 PM
Bytore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bytore Click here to Send Bytore a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks guys

As I said before, this is truly a testament of how great the majority of the people on this board are in that it took this long for the few bad seeds to come into a place of kindness and giving.

We have been through a lot together as friends, foes and fellow sports lovers. Today, I consider many of you family as well. Thank you once again. Every night since I asked for help I go to sleep and feel so lucky to know you. I know that I will pay this forward one day. You can bet a shed on it!

Old Post 11-28-12 10:35 PM
Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: