StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Home Run Derby
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Home Run Derby

Should we look into this? Just a crapshoot isn't it?
Who do you like?
Stanton and Joey Bats are the favorites. Any sleepers?
Am I a degenerate for even bringing this up?

2014 MLB Contest 1st Place
2016 NBA Contest 1st Place

Old Post 07-14-14 09:02 PM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

We are all degenerates amigo!! Lol. You beat me to it with this post. I love the Cubans tonight! Give me Puig and Cespedes!!

Copy/paste from something I stumbled upon via statfox...

The AL has won at the derby in six of the past seven years as big boppers like Prince Fielder (2009, 2012), David Ortiz (2010), Robinson Cano (2012) and most recently Yoenis Cespedes (2013) all taking the crown. Cespedes’ win last year was the first by a right-handed hitter since Vladimir Guerrero did so in 2007, and the only chance at a lefty winning this year will be Justin Morneau, as all the other competitors are righties.
Target Field has been a tough place to hit home runs in and it ranks 20th among MLB stadiums this year in homers per game (1.63). One of the factors that could have attributed to this is the fact that the Twins do not have many power hitters, with Brian Dozier -- a Home Run Derby participant -- being the only player with double-digit blasts on the team, and the club ranking 25th in total four-baggers. With all these factors considered, the field should be thought of as neutral with no real advantage for either righties or lefties.

Let's have some fun!

Old Post 07-15-14 12:15 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I live in Mpls and it's very windy and cool. The wind will be blowing from the Northwest, which will favor only one leftie in the Derby, that being Justin Morneau. Take this info for what it's worth. I'm just going to sit back and root for either ex Twin Morneau or current Twin Brian Dozier (a long shot to win this).

Old Post 07-15-14 12:39 AM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
ONE TOUGH MAZE
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Here is where my Heni&Ken money is going

J Bautista+580
J Donaldson+1150
American League Player wins+122

Bol Den,

& Q keep those winners comming

Old Post 07-15-14 01:15 AM
ONE TOUGH MAZE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ONE TOUGH MAZE Click here to Send ONE TOUGH MAZE a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Isnt the new kid on the White Sox Cuban too? They must be putting something in the water there. Its been a long time since 1961 when yours truly got here.

Old Post 07-15-14 02:52 AM
CUBANO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CUBANO Click here to Send CUBANO a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Jose Abreu!

Old Post 07-15-14 03:31 AM
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Winner winner!

Old Post 07-15-14 05:58 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Way to go J

Old Post 07-15-14 02:11 PM
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Had $100 on both Puig and Cespedes at +350. So net +250. That was the plan all along, lol. Now Puig putting up a bagel was not in the plans...

Old Post 07-15-14 03:29 PM
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Who do you like for tonight's game? I don't see more than a few runs scored here...so leaning towards under 7.5

Old Post 07-15-14 03:30 PM
CUBANO
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Here's my dilemma. I like to root for my fellow countrymen, and really hope they do well. But he's a damn Dodger!! Unforgivable!!

Old Post 07-15-14 03:34 PM
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Haha amen brother!

Old Post 07-15-14 06:42 PM
mgh56
FoxDen Hall of Famer

JT, Nice call on the Derby. I'll most likely follow suit with the under in tonight's all star game as well.

Old Post 07-15-14 08:55 PM
mgh56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgh56 Click here to Send mgh56 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: