StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > PGA BYRON NELSON Championship
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

PGA BYRON NELSON Championship

BIV2, I'm going to go ahead and get this started so that we can get our tournament picks in.

This week the PGA tour travels to Irving, TX, for the BYRON NELSON Championship @ the TPC Four Seasons Resort.

NELSON holds the record for most wins in a row when he won 11 in a row in 1945.

INCREDIBLE!

He is 6th all time with 52 wins PGA tour wins.

As for this week, I'm going to give these 2 Pros a shot.

20-1 ......... KEEGAN BRADLEY
30-1 ......... HARRIS ENGLISH

TEE IT UP!

Once again, feel free to post your picks in this thread.

Good Luck!

Old Post 05-15-14 04:01 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
BIV2

Byron Nelson

Sherlock.. awesome with the History.. That truly is amazing.
also like the Keegan pick..

adding

Brant Snedeker +3000
Charles Howell III +4000

Old Post 05-15-14 04:36 AM
BIV2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIV2 Click here to Send BIV2 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Threw in a couple quarter bets....why not? lol

GARY WOODLAND +1750 25.00 USD / 438.00 USD

KEEGAN BRADLEY +1250 25.00 USD / 313.00 USD

RYAN MOORE +2500 25.00 USD / 625.00 USD

SANG-MOON BAE +4500 25.00 USD / 1125.00 USD

Keegan owns this course. In 3 starts here, he's won, finished 24th and runner-up last year (to Sang-Moon Bae). I like the way Woodland is playing right now and has decent value.

Good luck everyone!

Old Post 05-15-14 05:37 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sherlock

...or should I say Mr. Daily Matchups?

Thoughts on Bradley +110 tomorrow against Kuchar? Also thinking about Dufner +105 against Johnson.

Thanks!

Old Post 05-15-14 05:45 AM
jtsachs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtsachs Click here to Send jtsachs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

I usually take a pass on 1st round matchups. I like to get a feel on how the course is playing and who looks good this week.

That can really vary from week to week.

And as they say, 'Different horses for different courses.'

Bradley & Dufner have done well on this course in the past but their games have seemed to have tailed off a bit lately.

As dogs though, coming out of the gate, they may be worth a play.

One of the two should win their match but it might be a little dicey considering who they're going up against.

I hope you're playing with house money from last week.

Old Post 05-15-14 07:05 AM
Sherlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sherlock Click here to Send Sherlock a Private Message Edit post   Report post
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Glad I checked with you first on the Rd1 DM's. Both would have been losers. Looking at Keegan again for tomorrow...

Old Post 05-16-14 05:39 AM
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

jtsachs, I'm glad you avoided getting skunked yesterday.

After the second round, you guys have 2 golfers in the thick of things with the leader @ -8:

CHARLES HOWELL III @ -6
GARY WOODLAND @ -5

It'll be an interesting weekend with a lot of golfers bunched up at the top.

I'll take a look at who is being matched up for the 3rd round tomorrow among the leaders and make some selections.

Let me know if you guys see anything that catches your eye.

Old Post 05-17-14 03:00 AM
jtsachs
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Sherlock, for some reason this is the one matchup that really like today...

May 17 - MU [7329] M WEIR (3RD RND) -112 (M WEIR (3RD RND) vrs T HERRON (3RD RND))

Weir over Herron. Thoughts?

Old Post 05-17-14 01:54 PM
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

jtsachs, that definitely was one that I was going to play today, also. I got the matchups last night and that was one of the ones that I circled.

I'm on board with MIKE WEIR to have a better round than TIM HERRON.

For today's 3rd round action @ the BYRON NELSON, I'm also looking at several matchups between some veteran golfers.

3rd ROUND
-----------------
BOO WEEKLEY ............................ -104 OVER RETIEF GOOSEN
CHARLES HOWELL III .................. -110 OVER PAUL CASEY
MIKE WEIR .................................. -110 OVER TIM HERRON

Old Post 05-17-14 05:30 PM
msudogs

thanks for these people
GL

Old Post 05-17-14 06:36 PM
msudogs is online now Click Here to See the Profile for msudogs Click here to Send msudogs a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Going into today's final round, there are 15 golfers ranging from -6 to -10.

You guys have 2 golfers that are right there and have a shot at walking away with the trophy:

GARY WOODLAND @ -9
CHARLES HOWELL III @ -7

It's supposed to be a windy day down in Irving, TX, so that will make for some very interesting golf.

3rd ROUND
-----------------
BOO WEEKLEY ............................ -104 OVER RETIEF GOOSEN ... WON BY 3 STROKES
CHARLES HOWELL III ................... -110 OVER PAUL CASEY ........ WON BY 4 STROKES
MIKE WEIR ................................... -110 OVER TIM HERRON ......... WON BY 6 STROKES

TOURN: 3-0, +300

4th ROUND
-----------------
CHARLES HOWELL III ................. -115 OVER MORGAN HOFFMAN

PARLAY
------------
JAMES HAHN ............................. -130 OVER MIKE WEIR
LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN ................... -155 OVER BRENDON TODD

1 UNIT ----------> 1.91

Old Post 05-18-14 06:00 PM
Sherlock
FoxDen Hall of Famer

Congratulations go out to BRENDON TODD who shot a 4 under 66 to break out of the pack and win by 2 strokes.

This was his 1st win on the PGA Tour.

For all of us sports fans, it certainly was an afternoon full of a lot of exciting action in the Wide World of Sports.

4th ROUND
-----------------
CHARLES HOWELL III ................. -115 OVER MORGAN HOFFMAN ... WON BY 6 STROKES

PARLAY
------------
JAMES HAHN ............................. -130 OVER MIKE WEIR ............ LOST BY 4 STROKES
LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN ................... -155 OVER BRENDON TODD .... LOST BY 8 STROKES

1 UNIT LOSER ----------> 1.91

TODAY: 1-1, +0
TOURN: 3-0, +300

Old Post 05-19-14 06:20 AM
UgaBulldawg
FoxDen Hall of Famer

How 'bout

them Georgia Bulldawgs??? 5th Bulldawg to win on tour this year. Including the one and only major thus far. Pretty impressive!

GO DAWGS!

Old Post 05-19-14 05:09 PM
UgaBulldawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UgaBulldawg Click here to Send UgaBulldawg a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: