StatFox.com - Sports Handicapping Community

The Leading Logic In Sports Handicapping

The FoxDen Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 The FoxDen Forum > Sports Handicapping, Trends, and Stats > Anybody got stats in NFL?
Search The Fox Den Forum:

Subscribe to this Thread

Last Message   Next Message

Author
Message    Post A Reply
z24skibum
StatFox Hall of Famer

Anybody got stats in NFL?

What is the % of teams winning straight up if the line is -10 and greater and at home? New England fits the bill against NY Jets. Is it a trap? I'm in a loser's pool where I got to pick a loser every week and if successful, I cannot use that pick again. Last week was Oakland.

I'm looking at NYJ to lose to New England tomorrow night. Other option is Tennessee vs. Houston.

Any thoughts?

Old Post 09-11-13 09:04 PM
z24skibum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24skibum Click here to Send z24skibum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
HGC83
FoxDen Hall of Famer

This game scares me. I'm in a big pool where we pick one winner each week. Last year Arizona went to New England early in the year and knocked The Patriots off. It was a huge upset and a lot of people were knocked out including me. Patriots will be without their best WR & RB from week 1. This game scares me!

Herbie

Old Post 09-11-13 09:53 PM
HGC83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HGC83 Click here to Send HGC83 a Private Message Edit post   Report post
#PioliStinks

Answer

Ran a query on the SDQL...since September 5th, 2008 home favorites of -10 or more are 111-13-1 SU (89.5%)...same teams were 63-62 ATS.

Old Post 09-11-13 11:17 PM
#PioliStinks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #PioliStinks Edit post   Report post
z24skibum
StatFox Hall of Famer

Thanks, guys!

Old Post 09-12-13 02:46 AM
z24skibum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24skibum Click here to Send z24skibum a Private Message Edit post   Report post
bbaffert
StatFox Hall of Famer

During Bill Belichick’s tenure, the Patriots have never lost to a rookie quarterback in Gillette Stadium and on paper the Jets lack the weapons to really test the New England secondary.

This is really the only note I noticed. I am not really sure how many rookie qbs they have played though.

I think you would be fine with NYJets or Tennessee.

As an avid Texans fan I am 90% sure they will beat Tennessee. They get Antonio Smith back on the DL and it is their home opener. They also know it is a must win because they have Seattle, SF and Baltimore over the next three weeks. So I am guessing they will pull out all the stops to get the win.

Old Post 09-12-13 06:14 PM
bbaffert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaffert Click here to Send bbaffert a Private Message Edit post   Report post
Post A Reply

Last Message   Next Message

Quick Links: